• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yay, puppy classes with my acupuncturist!!!!

*Pauline*

Well my acupuncturist, Anne, was thinking and worried about getting a puppy so I suggested Puppy Walking. This is taking care of a puppy till it is, in this case, 15 months lod then giving it back to become a guide dog for the blind. You can have another puppy straight after if you want. You get all their food and vet bills paid for and even get a bus and train pass. Well she was very greatful for the idea and got her puppy last week.

I really am longing(!) to go to puppy classes. The only thing is, I don't drive and they are all two bus journeys away and late in the evening. There were two near to me, one was £45 for 6 lessons :yikes the other was £14 for 6 lessons (this is the one I want to go to). Well I thought I'd ask my acupuncturist if she would like to go with me, I'd pay the class for her (petrol money really) if she would drive me. She said yes. She is seeing her Guide Dog lady on the 4th and she will ask if her puppy can go. Her puppy will only be about 8 weeks old but Guide Dogs have all their shots by 6 weeks. You'd think the training would conflict with guide dog training but when she asked about it before, they said it was fine. We'll see. I'm very excited. Maybe they will say she is too young. :D

That is great Pauline! I really hope that everything works out. There are usually "kindergarten" puppy classes for pups younger than 6 months (or at least that is how it is here) that really focus on socialization. Maybe if her puppy is too young for regular classes you could find a class dedicated to that age group. :D

Shoot, I would buy some videos and ask to trade acupuncture for dog lessons and ask if you could teach her puppy everything you learned!! :lol:

Isn't it wonderful when something like this happens? :) You'll get to ride to class with her and socialize your puppies together. I hope it works out for both of you.

And raising a guide dog puppy is such a worthwhile thing to do. :flwr:

you are very resourceful Pauline.
That's a nice program for socializing guide dogs.

I know how to train most things as I have a friend who is a dog behaviourist and she taught me a lot. I just feel Dylan might pull on the lead when he is more confident which I wouldn't like though I know how to train this, I'd like to see how they do it. And I'm there to socialize Dylan really.

I offered to pay for the class in exchange for the lift. It's £14 which is what the petrol might cost. :)

I could call them, I was leaving it to her. I better check exactly how old her puppy is. Good idea. :flwr:

Back