• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Year of the puppy Updated info

enchantingdragon

So I have been patiently hanging out on this site admiring all your beautiful Cavys and waiting for the day that I will finally have my own lil baby to love and spoil too

After contacting breeders since last March I finally think I found the perfect breeder for me. She is honest, friendly, and so knowledgeable and has been such a pleasure and I hope we stay in touch as I want to learn so much from her. Also as an added bonus she seems to be the only breeder who will have a litter ready right when I want it. My husband is a teacher and I am changing careers hopefully this summer as well so we thought a early summer pup would be best for us someone will be at home at all times to help the pup adjust to its new home.

So Im so happy I found my breeder and her girl will be bred early next year and if all goes well a pup will be ready for its new home with us in June

I have been talking to this breeder for quite a few months now though and she told me she was actually having a Christmas litter. Well she keep me updated with emails and on Christmas evening her beautiful Ruby gave birth to 3 Rubies and 1 Black and Tan. My breeder was crossing her fingers hoping for a Black and Tan girl and she got her which makes this story even the more happier. A perfect Christmas girft heehee :D She told me she would send me pics as soon as she has a free moment (which probably wont be for a while Im imagining) so if she gives me permission Ill share them here with you guys when I get them as I know we all love to look at puppy pics :D

So to end this I cant wait for 2007 and to finally have a Cavy to share with all of you Ill keep you updated if you want. Thanks for all the support and info I have found so far on this board :D

So my breeder sent me pics of her Christmas litter and she gave me permission to share them with all of you :D

She had 3 girls and 1 boy. All big and healthy by the looks of it born on Christmas day. My breeder was crossing her fingers for a B/T girl and she got her. Perfect Christmas gift :D

My only problem is that I cant seem to get the pics to work right. I have them uploaded on Flickr and have copied and pasted the URL in the Image brackets and the pics still wont work. :? What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated

Thank God for Photobucket!!!! Here are the pics finally :D

MoandPups.jpg

noname.jpg

Mo.jpg

MoandPups1.jpg

MoandPups2.jpg

And the other good news of the day was that my breeder approved my husband and I for a pup from her next breeding hopefully taking place in Feb. She said we are number 1 on the waiting list Hooray! :D

what sweet pics!! I'm glad you posted them and your breeder agreed.

I wish one of them were yours though!!! :flwr:

Aww thanks Lani for the sweet wishes

Its actually more of me though then my breeder in why these pups wont be coming home with me. My husband and I really wanted a puppy in the early summer. My husband is a teacher so he has time off over the summer and I am currently (slowly) making a career change into the educational field as well (I just finished 2 1/2 years of school to get my certification to interpret for the deaf...now onto state testing) so we wanted a pup for the summer so that one of us if not both of us (depending on whether Ill be done with testing) would be home for the summer to be with the puppy to adjust to its new home and my breeder's next breeding will be in February thus making the pups ready to go home in the summer time so thats why we opted for the later list rather then this one. I talked to my breeder though and I know she has a lot of people already vying to take these babies home asap so no worries. Im just glad she said we were number 1 on the waiting list! :D

Wow so after determination is made for pick of the litter or those that the breeder will keep are you going to get first pick? What does the female and male look like? Did you have a preference for color and sex?

Good luck on those tests. My neighbor taught at a deaf school and it was amazing how much school and testing she had to go through to be certified.

Wow so after determination is made for pick of the litter or those that the breeder will keep are you going to get first pick? What does the female and male look like? Did you have a preference for color and sex?

I guess so. She said I am first on the list for a pet pup. Im so happy! :D

I actually have no preference for either sex or color. I decided that since this was my first and I have heard there is no real difference in sex for Cavys to let my breeder decided whats best for us. If she does let us choose our pup then I will pick the puppy I feel is best suited for my husband and I and let color and sex be secondary to that

The litter I am waiting for will be Partis though not Wholecolors. The mom is a tri and the dad is a blen

Hi There,

Those are gorgeous pictures. That mum looks serene feeding her plump and healthy looking litter.

Hey guess what, I have a Degree in Interpreting for the Deaf and I have a sister that is deaf. She went to Gallaudette University. I went to a College here in Mass that had a Gallaudette extension program. Ultimately I never pursued certification, back in the dark ages when I got my degree the pay for interpreters was so low, I couldn't support myself in the field. However, since my sister is deaf it was not a wasted endeavor. I love teaching Tucker signs. Good luck with your certification testing.

Joanne

Oh look at all those rubies. That is the same mix we had to choose for Libby. Mother was tri and Dad blenheim. If there are any reds in the line you could see all 4 colors I believe. If I am starting to understand the this. :roll:

Ohhh, mom and pups are lovely! It must be hard to wait until summer for one of your own! But it's great that you found a breeder that you trust and feel comfortable with, that is often the hardest part. Well only a few months until you hopefully will have a Cavy of your own. We'll be waiting. :)

Those are such gorgeous pups!! And Joanne is dead right- conventional signs (whether you use BSL, ISL, ASL etc) is great for dog training. I use the signs for 'wait' and 'quiet' with my pairand keep intending to do more.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful, i'm currently waiting for a cav pup to be born after loosing our boy last year! Everytime I see a photo of a cav pup i get so excited!!!!
Goodluck! The mother looks absolutly beautiful :flwr:

Back