• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Oregon

flikchik80

Hello everyone! I think I found a new addictive site! My little Maisy is 4 years old, we got her a year ago from a breeder.

My interest in Cavaliers started when I was training for the Portland Marathon last year, and I was telling my sister on our training sessions that I wanted a little dog, with a sweet, gentle personality, one that didnt bark a lot and who liked to do lots of things with my huband and me. I had no idea what breed fit that description.

Well, as luck would have it, we ran into one of my sister's friends, who had her little blenheim cavalier Meg with her-she pulled and huffed across the street to get to us, and I was instantly IN LOVE. SHe climbed up on me and I was like THIS IS IT!! I went immediately to the library, did online research and I found my breed!

I looked online for a few weeks, and came across a breeder a few hours away at the coast. I left a posting, asking her if she knew of anyone who had older cavaliers (not a puppy), not thinking that I would get a reply so quickly. She called me back and said, it is funny that you ask at this time, because we were just going to start looking for a home for Maisy.

She was their first cavalier, and they fell so deeply in love with her that they started breeding them. The breeder loves them so much she has a separate HOUSE for the dogs, with beds and tvs and everything! Dogs life for sure! Anyway, she said she was feeling sad that she didnt have enough time to spend with Maisy as she once had, and that it was time to let someone else love her.

We met her for a "trial" weekend period, because my husband was not ready for a dog. Yeah right. One weekend with a cavalier and you are done. She was ours from then on, my sometimes timid little girl whose only "bad" habit is to chew up napkins and receipts (all the ones from our recent remodel were shredded to bits in our bedroom the other night when we came home from work! She sat in the middle of them, wagging her tail, the receipt bits swirling and flying around her!!)

So happy to have found this website! Sorry for the book I just wrote, but as you all know, it is easy to go on and on and ON about our little doggies! Can't wait to talk to you all!

Angie

Oh yeah...definitely addicted!! Maisy sounds wonderful. I felt the same way....I met my first Cavalier and knew instantly this was the breed for me. Welcome, glad to have you here!

As you have guessed life will never be the same with her. And you will never be able to go without a Cavalier in your life again.. Welcome to the board

icon_welcome Angie and Maisy!

Once you've had a cavalier, you cannot live without one!! ;D

Hi Angie. I can totally relate. Look at Maisy, what's not to love about that sweet face. First-timer here too, and I couldn't be any happier with Tucker than I am. He has exceeded every expectation.

icon_welcome Angie and Maisy! It is nice for us 'cavalier nuts' to have a group of people who are all nuts about cavaliers!

Welcome Angie & Maisy

You sure found the right site as we are all Cavalier crazy.

Great knowledge and fun to share your experiences with your babies. :D :D :D :D

Back