• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming - Coat King

Nicki

I know there has been some discussion previously on Coat Kings, I was looking for someone else and came across this site which shows some before and after photos - including a couple of Cavaliers!

http://www.groomersmall.com/ck_results.htm

I bought my Coat King from this company in the UK

http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Coat_Kings.html

They seem to be about the cheapest in the UK.

This is the one I use:

Coat King - Stripping Rake - 20 blades - Ex. fine (Ref. 2449)
Price: £21.02 - £24.70 Including VAT at 17.5%

This isn't the one they suggest for Cavaliers, but I know many other Cavalier guardians use this one very successfully.

I usually do mine a couple of times a month, and slightly more often when they are moulting.

It only takes out the dead hair...the first time you use it you end up with a heap nearly as big as the dog!!! But after that it just keeps the coat under control, esp for dressed dogs.

I only use it on the inside of the ears...and not too much, as it takes too much out of them.

Although it looks quite frightening, if you run it across your arm you can see it doesn't hurt. It works best on a clean coat, after a bath - and to keep it clean, I use an old toothbrush and mild washing up liquid.

Nicki, when I first learned about the Mars coat king, I came across the same website - isn't it wonderful! :)

I use the 12 and 14 blades, but I can see how the 20 blade would work better, especially on the cavs who have wooly mammoth coats (like my girl Chocolate)!! She looks better with the long hair on her back trimmed.

Really useful info; I need to get one of these and forgot to order while visiting family.

PS That HUB International website is like something from a web time machine! :lol: That is vintage 1995.. 8)

I absolutely swear by my coat king!! Jake is so hairy and Shelby gets such a fluffy butt! The last time my groomer groomed them she coat kinged them as well and they looked fabulous. Those before and after pictures really are good.

Karlin said:
PS That HUB International website is like something from a web time machine! :lol: That is vintage 1995.. 8)

ROFLOL - yes it just cracks me up!! But they offer a very good service, and reasonable prices.

Is the FURminator essentially the same thing as the King Coat? I can get both where I live and they seem close enough priced. Any preference for one over the other?

Back