• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello From London

Yvonne117

Hi my name is Yvonne and I live in just outside London. I am an accounts manager part time and never really wanted a dog but my son had been nagging me for the last six years until finally my husband and I gave in and got him CKCS. His name is Harvey, he is a blenheim and we have had him for just over a year. Our whole life has changed for the better, we are all absolutely besotted with him and he is sooo spoilt. We have enjoyed our baby so much that we have now added Alfie a tri colour CKCS and to watch the two of them play together warms your heart. Unfortunately I have also found it a bit to complicated to add a picture but as soon as I fathom it out I will add one. Its nice to find this site and know I am not the only person who loves their dogs so much most people who know me think i have gone mad!!

Hello and Welcome!! icon_welcome

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little ones. :flwr:

Isnt it just amazing, you get one and then you want another one and then another one... :lotsaluv:

I never realized when I found my first 2 rescues that I would never be able to live without a Cavalier in my life again. :D

Welcome to the board and cant wait for pictures!!

I have spent the last two hours trying to add a picture, will wait for help from my brother later this week. Denni you are so right I would love to move to the countyside and give a home to a rescue or maybe two. We have many puppy mills in Wales and some of the breeding bitches that are no longer wanted are desperate for good homes. Some have never seen the light of day but i have read many stories of how these cavaliers once rescued with lots of love and attention can be happy for the rest of their days. How can people be so cruel.

I know what you mean..and I have to keep telling myself that I cant save everyone of them. Thats what I hate the most.

Welcome Yvonne. I wasn't much of a dog person before I got Jake and the little stinker stole my heart. Loved him so much we ended up getting a 2nd. If someone had told me 5 years ago I would own two dogs and love them to pieces and completely restructure my life around them....I would have told them they were nuts. Now I'm the one who's nuts!

Cathy I know exactly what you mean, we have cancelled all holidays abroad and have gone from travelling all over the world from USA to Lapland to buying a caravan to tow around England so we can take our dogs everywhere with us. Then we needed a bigger car to tow the caravan and fit the dogs in. My husband said the dogs have cost us more than our two children already! But even he agrees they are worth every penny. He also was not to keen on getting a dog now Harvey sleeps on his bed at night (and also in it when he can sneak in). There is no greater pleasure on a sunny day than walking across the fields with the two dogs chasing each other. We even enjoy the wet days and all the mud that goes with it.

Welcome Yvonne! I can relate, too. I wasn't a dog person either until two and a half years ago when I got Wrigley, my Golden. Boy, do these little ones (now he's 90 lbs.) grow on you! Then I got Mia about 5 months ago and am just as smitten with her. They definitely add "life" to your life, don't they?!?

Can't imagine life without my dogs... :)

Welcome Yvonne, Harvey and Alfie.....

Once you've had a Cavalier, you cannot live without one... :D

Mary Alice and I are new to this site, it's just terrific!

Lots of information and wonderful people! :flwr:

There are so many lovely cavalier photos on this site, everyones dogs are just so cute. Harvey is a very large cavalier and weighs 15 kilos and is only 14 months old all my friends have laughed at him as he is so large but so silly with it, so when we went to get a second cav I picked the smallest of the litter instead of the biggest. Little did I know he would be very poorly to start with and now has to have special Royal Canin vet food as the vet thinks he has a food intolerance. Consequently he has remained a very small boy and weighs only 4.5 kilos and is now six months old. Harvey is so gentle with him I think he realises he could easily squash him. Now everyone laughs even more and my vet said first I had the largest cav and now I have managed to find the smallest. Alfie eben though the samllest is by far the boss and its really funny to see him chasing Harvey round and round to steal anything he has.

Wow ... your Harvey is a very big boy! I had to do an internet search to translate into kilos ... that's 33 lbs. WOW!

Lucky's a rather big boy himself, but still, at 16.5 lbs at 6.5 months he's only half Harvey's age.

I wish he wasn't outgrowing his travel carrier, but I sure do love my big boy as I'm sure you do too!! :flwr:

Looking forward to seeing pics soon.

Welcome from across the pond!!

Back