• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

House training need help!

coconut

Hi all hope u had a lovely xmas!

we moved into our new house last friday and i think this may have upset freddie a bit :( . Before we moved we had him paper trained with a little accident here and there now it is a nightmare :yikes he thinks that he can go where ever he likes!!

me and h2b have being bringing him out the back to go to the pottie u could be out there for 20 mins with him and he will not go and the minute u come back in he will go to the toilet! h2b is blaming me as he says that i have him spoiled, but i do give out to him but he likes to come and rest on his mommies knee!

Can anyone give me any advise?

How old is he?
You are right in that a house move would upset him so you need to start all over again in training him to do the basics, taking him out when he wakes up, after every meal every couple of hours at least. Keeping to a routine is also important, which since it is the holidays and you have a new home, may not be so easy for you.

I took a very good advice of the Victoria Stilwell book, (It's me or the dog).

I only feed kibble to Lia, but when she goes potty outside I give her meat (never raw). I one two days we reduced the number of accidents at home drastically. You can feed him cheese too.

Back