• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Saw another Cav today!

Shay

I saw the first Cav I have ever seen in person besides Lily today. I was in PetCo and a lady was pushing a buggy. I looked down and there was a tiny little baby Blenheim sleeping on a leopard print mat. She had just gotten her for Christmas and she was 9 weeks old, just precious. We talked for an hour, we were both so excited. She has another Blenheim that is 18 months. She said she had seen 2 other Cavs before, so there are Cavs in Birmingham. She got her's in Georgia. It was a beautiful little dog. We exchanged phone numbers. I just had to post this because we were both so excited. She didn't know about this site, but does now. She was very imformed however, and knew about all the health issues including SM.

Wow!!!! That is sooo exciting!!! How fun. Maybe Lily and her pups can have a Cavy Playdate sometime. :flwr:

Shay that is so cool. I can understand your excitement. I'm always wishing I'd run into another cavalier. There is so much I'm curious about. I can see from pictures on this site, that many of our dogs resemble each other. I wonder about their personalities and character traits too. Did you have Lily with you in PetCo?

No...I didn't have Lily, darn it. My Mom and I had taken Lily yesterday to Petco, but today we were out exchanging Christmas presents. I went in Petco while hubby and his boys were in Best Buy. She only had her little baby and not her 18 month old. What was so neat was that her little girl looked entirely different than Lily at 9 weeks. She looked very much like the pictures of Pauline's little Dylan. In talking to her, it sounded from the way she described her 18 month old that she and Lily looked alike. She was so excited to hear that I had seen pics of other Cavs that looked like the new puppy. She was a little concerned that the new one didn't really fit the Cav standard. When I told her that I had seen so many on the board that looked like hers, she was thrilled. She didn't realize they had so may different looks. Her baby was tiny! Very fury and the real short face. She said her other one had much shorter hair and a longer more slender face like Lily. She thought that was the way they were supposed to look. She was very happy to hear that I had seen many pictures that looked like her new one. That is what is so neat about seeing other Cavs and meeting their owners. I do hope we can set up a play date when Lily gets a little older with her 18 months old or when her baby is older.

That is so cool!!! Love the idea of a play date!! Whenever my husband and I see a Cav we pull the car over and have to say hello!!! We live in a vacation/seasonal area and thats the only time we see other ones.

Puppies are funny, they all look alike when they are born and the older they get the more the breed of the dog starts showing up. My sister and I both commented on how our babies are starting to look like Cavalier puppies, and they are now almost 16 weeks old. :lol:

At 9 weeks they should have a short face ;) Do you think she looked more like the standard ?

That is GREAT that you got to meet another Cav mommy !! I see lots of playdates in the future and a new friend for you ;)

I guess when I say short face, I mean almost puged like a Lhasa. Lily had not so much puged. Which is standard? I mean you can tell they are the same breed, but some were more puggy than others, if that makes sense. I love the more baby face (puggy?), which Lily didn't have as much. These 2 are the only babies I have seen, besides Lily's litter mates and and they all looked like her in slightly varying degrees. When looking at pictures before buying Lily, I saw some that had the more pug faces and some that were not so pug. Maybe there's another word for puggy, that would better describe what I mean. :?

I just think it's so cool when I run into a fellow Cavalier owner who is as passionate about their dogs as I am (not all of them are!) and that she was fully aware of the health issues as well. Sounds like a good friend to make!

I know what you mean ;) The standard calls for a muzzle of only 1 1/2 inches at maturity ...so thats pretty short ;)

I was at an outdoor mall today with maddy and a lady came up who has a 5yr old cav. She was so excited. She did not have hers with her. She asked me "Do you let her sleep with you?"
Quite a few other people came up and said their neighbour or relative had a cav too.
We couldn't go far without being stopped.
Pam

Back