PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Benny

Bruce H
30th December 2006, 09:07 PM
We just got a new rescue boy to our house Thursday. His name is Benny and is he ever a sweet boy! He is without question the friendliest rescue we have ever met. He is 5 years old and is a really good eater; we have to keep an eye on him :lol: He is crate trained and gets along well with our crew. He will be showing up on the rescue sites in a few days when Kris is feeling a little better.

Benny just hanging out
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/338750944_a56435cfb6.jpg

He passed the "Gets along with kids" test with flying colors with my grandson Sam
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/338750946_3ccfe1feca.jpg

"OK, enough with the pictures already!"
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/338750943_cff1046f69.jpg

Nicki
30th December 2006, 09:26 PM
oh he's gorgeous Bruce...I don't think he will be with you very long!!

Is he just lovely with Sam :lol:

Zippy
30th December 2006, 09:26 PM
Benny looks like a good eater! :lol: :lol:

I'm sure he'll find a home quickly, he's a good looking fella! :flwr: :flwr:

Cathy Moon
31st December 2006, 12:41 AM
What an adorable boy!

Maxxs_Mummy
1st January 2007, 04:49 PM
He's gorgeous, Bruce. I'm surprised he'd not gone home with your little grandson - it looks like a match made in heaven LOL

Is Kris ill? Hope she is soon better. Give her a :hug: from us :D

lily
1st January 2007, 08:05 PM
ah benny you are a lovely chap, pleased to meet you.. :flwr:

Mic
1st January 2007, 11:21 PM
I love the "Mark of Zorro" on his back...that Z-shaped blaze of white. Very cool. I'm sure you'll find a great home for him.
:flwr:

Bruce H
2nd January 2007, 12:20 AM
Benny really is a sweet little boy and he appears to have adopted me! He follows me everywhere he can and whenever I sit down, he wants to be on my lap. I don't know what it is about this boy, but I am falling for him really fast. It's going to be hard on me when he goes to a forever home. Kris posted a little more information about him on her blog. http://mysticknightcav.blogspot.com/

Isn't that funny; I never noticed the "Mark of Zorro" before, but there it is.

Mic
2nd January 2007, 02:50 AM
My maiden name (and now middle name) begins with the letter Z, so maybe that's why it jumped out at me. I think it looks pretty snazzy!

Alison_Leighfield
2nd January 2007, 08:42 AM
He looks a lovely boy :D ...hope he finds a forever home really soon....looks like he would enjoy one with children!

hope Kris feels better soon.... :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

moniechris
2nd January 2007, 09:02 PM
What a full house you have right now!! 2 litters of pups and a rescue!!! Sounds like heaven to me :D

PamH
3rd January 2007, 03:22 AM
Oh, he is beautiful. If I didn't work all day I would take him. My husband is home but his time is all taken up with Maddy, golf and fishing.
We can't have two until I am retired.
Pam

Bruce H
3rd January 2007, 01:40 PM
Benny is in Pet Finder. Have a look! http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7624998

Karlin
3rd January 2007, 01:49 PM
Nice write up for him, Bruce!

Mary
3rd January 2007, 02:31 PM
Yes ...great write up for Benny. He sounds so sweet. Hope he finds a forever home soon though know that being at Spa Bruce/Kris...life is just fine for the moment.

molly
4th January 2007, 12:45 AM
Ah, Bruce, that is one happy looking fella. I am glad he is with you until he finds his forever home.

Zippy
4th January 2007, 01:02 AM
Benny is beautiful!!!

Only 3 hours drive?? ;D :flwr: :flwr:

Zippy
11th January 2007, 04:17 AM
Bruce,

How is Benny doing??

Do you still have him??

What does it mean that he wants to show he's a boy??

Humping?? Naughty....they all are....LOL ;D

Bruce H
11th January 2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, we still have Benny and he's doing great. We have had a lot of inquirys, but no one so far. I think part of the problem is that our 2 litters have graduated to the living room and when people see the puppies, they want a puppy. All our puppies are spoken for, so they start looking to other breeders; we know for sure that has happened once. He has pretty much gotten over his humping; I think the problem was that he came to our home when we had a girl in season. Benny was a stud dog at a puppy mill, so he was doing what he thought he was supposed to; may also have had something to do with dominance, too.

Benny is really going to be a hard one to let go. He is such a lap dog and a people dog. He spends a lot of time on my lap, enough in fact that I have to be careful that the other dogs get enough attention and don't get jealous.

What's really interesting is that he loves playing with our 2 six week old litters. It's just a hoot watching 2 or 3 of those little guys go after him and how he plays with them!

Yep, he's going to be a tough one to let go; if only we didn't have so many other dogs. We also think we are going to bring him to the Cavalier party coming up here in Minnesota if he hasn't been placed. If there is time, Kris is going to give a short talk on rescue and maybe we can drum up some support for rescue.