• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nylabones/Chew Toys

Linda

I am curious to know if any of your dogs eat right through these chew toys, Darby seems to be eating everything we give him lately to chew on, is it safe for him to actually be eating Nylabones he is chewing right through them. :shock:

I don't know what else I could possible give him to chew on, I never thought that he would get his teeth through those huge keys and he ate the bottom parts of them, now they have softened at the ends and the pieces seem to break off faster. I gave him a nylabone this morning and he has chewen through it. :yikes :yikes

He doesn't chew our furniture, Thank God. :D :D

Hi Linda - Both of my girls love their Nylabones. I buy the durable ones and they are not able to chew them up (as much as they try :roll: ). They eat right through the edible ones so I don't buy them anymore for fear of blockage.

Angie

I am absolutely positive that those Nylabones I bought are the durable ones.

I will replace them and hope for the best.

I thought that Darby had all his Adult teeth in, so where all this chewing is coming from all of a sudden is puzzling.

I remember when Dudley was a puppy we fed a true RAW Diet and gave tons of bones to him so maybe I am forgetting but I found that Dudley's front teeth did not grow in properly due to all the chewing on real beef bones.
The Vet has also looked at his teeth and feels that this is the cause of his front teeth being so small.

I am not going down that road with Darby he has lovely teeth.

I bought for my girls a nylabone that looks like a greenies and tastes like a watermelon, I´m not sure if it is from greenies, but they LOVE it. Ones I bought the edible ones and they ate right trough them :roll: So I bought the green ones and they still love to chew it and play with it I think it´s about a year since I bought it.

Here are some pics of my girls playing with it, I can´t find any store selling it on the internet but here you can at least se how it looks like ;) The pisc are from shutterfly and i can´t post them on the board, but here are the links to them ;)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df30b3127cce96d9a98b25ae00000016108AZN2zVq5cN6

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df30b3127cce96d9ae0fe48100000016108AZN2zVq5cN6

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df30b3127cce96d9a37c255c00000025118AZN2zVq5cN6

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df30b3127cce96d9a3f625d600000016108AZN2zVq5cN6

Linda ~

Kos has one of those greenies toothbrush thingies. You can order them in soft chewer medium chewer or hard chewer. They were just on sale @ PJs - they are quite expensive but at least they have them. ;)

m69451808.jpg

There are Kosmo's new nylabones in this picture. The clear one came in a pack of 3. Kos chews up those but it does take him a while to get them down far enough that they have to be thrown out.

The big red one is called the Herculese Gumabone Dog Bone, The white ones are called the Galileo Bones (they are supposed to be for the super aggressive chewer) and the blue one is the prince dental chew. I'll let you know how these work out but it looks like they are going to stay "whole" for a while if they continue to go like they have been. Before you buy them though you should wait till I go back home because they are SO MUCH CHEAPER in the states, it's unreal. Bradley got 3 regular size for me for $12 where they are like $6.50 a piece here! :yikes Also the ones from www.dog.com are a lot cheaper too.

My mom says her JRT can't chew up the airdog toys so she got a few for Kos this christmas too.. The Dumbell squeaks and Kos LOVES that one so far. Other than that, the rest of those are plush and I give them to him but when he lays down and gives it "those eyes" I just have to take it away and give him a nylabone otherwise he'll chew them up and eat them. :yikes

I think darby and kosmo must be related.. :lol: :lol:

LOL Andrea you're funny ;) I love those pictures ~ I had never looked at them before..

They have that greenies smart chew at PJs Linda :)

Kosmo has the dark green one and he likes it a lot. If you want I can bring it out next time we see each other to see if Darby is at all interested. ;)

The blue chew in the pic is like one we got for the boys at Christmas and it is holding up pretty well. Arthur has started chewing like crazy too. We have a hard time keeping the smalled Nylabones in tact but they were always stealing larger dog's Nylabones so we go them the big ones...they love them and they aren't destroying them

10.jpg

59.jpg

The one we got is 7 or 8 inches long

Ashley,

Since I have a nylabone muncher too I have started buying mine at www.dog.com

If you've never been there it's worth giving it a try. They are substantially cheaper there - it's wonderful.

I give Kosmo the regular size because the petite would be gone within 48 hours. He just goes and goes and goes at them.

He stays up when we go to bed for about an hour or 2 chewing on his bones before he finally turns in. :sl*p: I woke up last night to the sound of Faith being taught to do the same thing. :yikes :lol:

Linda, I am having the same issues with Lucky. Insane chewing right now ... I think it is the molars, and my understanding is we both have several months more of this before they go in all the way and the craziness stops!!! Lucky is 7.5 months.

One thing Lucky does LOVE that you might find useful are ice cubes and frozen baby carrots (they actually froze in my fridge, but he loves them and I think the frozen-ness helps his molars feel better). I also got him a Chilly Bone which works well too.

Good luck. :flwr:

Back