• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Buster cube question

WillowsMom

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season - I'll post some Willow pics soon! I had a question for you buster cube owners - I got one for Willow for Christmas, and was so excited for her to play with it - she already loves it when I put kibble in a paper roll and close the ends so she has to work to get it out, so I thought she'd take to the buster cube right away. However, she can't really seem to figure it out - I've tried showing her that I've put stuff in there, and the rolling it for her so she sees it falls out, but she doesn't seem to make the connection. Any ideas how to get her started on her cube?

Thanks!
Krista

Hmmm, maybe try putting one of her favorite treats in there or something with a really strong smell that she loves. I don't know if that will work, but it might peak her interest.

It often takes a while for them to figure it out. Leo learned from watching Jaspar; Lily still doesn't get it. Jaspar had it figured in about three seconds. :roll: Just leave it there for her to play with and do what you are doing -- play with it with her. Also try giving her her morning meal in it -- if she is hungry, she will be motivated to figure it out!

We have a Canac ball, which I daren't use with the gang, as it will cause trouble. However, when I only had Izzy and Monty, both sussed it out quickly, but Monty never worked out that you have to scoop the ball backwards, if it goes into a corner.

I've had this too. I have one of those rolling treat ball things. Holly knows there's food in it, but being a wimp, chooses to bark until I give up and get the treats out. Amber is generally more curious and she figured it out VERY quickly. However, I had prepared her for the idea by feeding her breakfast in one of the measuring cups. I put the cup sitting up, on it's side, even upside down and since she could see the kibble (and was hungry, as Karlin suggested) she was motivated to work it out. The first day there was a lot of barking and growling. After that, she took right to it and has no problems at all. Having said that, she likes ordinary ball-style things anyway, so I suppose the combination was ideal. Could you smear something tasty around the entrance, like you would for a kong? Maybe in the process of getting that the rest would twig..

Back