• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Successful Limb Re-attachment

Joanne M

After months of languishing in the pantry cupboard, Winnie the Pooh was mended today. I expect him to make a full recovery. It's been difficult on Tucker, all this waiting, missing his most beloved stuffed toy. Today Winnie's arm was successfully re-attached. There are still three more waiting in the triage center, on the third shelf, they are Christmas Moose, Cookie Monster and a faceless character Tucker did not have long enough to name.

The re-attachment surgery seems to have been more difficult on Tucker than it was on Winnie. Tucker sat, stood, cried and whined by my chair as I threaded needle and went to work, under the brightest of lights, to begin the delicate task of reattaching the arm. Winnie was stoic. Not a peep out of him. A couple of times, I thought I might need to remove Tucker from the room, because he lost control of himself and tried to pull Winnie from me during the long re-attachment process. In the end, the wait was worth it. Winnie and Tucker are reunited. Winnie may have one arm shorter than the other, but I expect he's got a few good months left in him.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I need video of that!!

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Hey when you get done for Tucker I have about 5 awaiting their third surgeries in the triage center!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is adorable, funny how they get so attached to one toy.

I tossed Dudley's crinkle dog and he is not bonding with his new one very well.
He needs encourgement, but the wee rascal always comes and takes it.
Dudley never fights back, I wish he would stand up for himself more.

Nothing wrong with a short arm, is there?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guess Tucker thought you were having too good a time with Winnie! ;D

rotflmao--- We have a whole bucket of stuffed toys with .... errr medical issues. Most are blind-lol some have no noses--

That was a great post Joanne. I could just picture it as I read the post. So funny!

lol Woodhaven

"rotflmao--- We have a whole bucket of stuffed toys with .... errr medical issues. Most are blind-lol some have no noses--" :bang:

Those poor blind toys.

Update: I just got out my Kodak disposable camera. I took a few pictures. For anyone following my photography posts, you'll understand that they may or may not be posted at future dates. If I can figure it out, after these are developed I will post dirty little Winnie. Poor boy needs a bath, but I don't have the heart to send him through the washing machine, until tonight.

By the way, when I look at all the pictures posted here, I can't help but notice how angelic all the cavaliers look. If you look at Tucker's picture you can just tell what a little mischief maker he is. Although, now that I look at Kosmo's picture again, I think he might give Tucker a run for his money.

Lol... okay... either I'm a dumb blonde or put here for ya'lls amusement...

When I saw the title for this thread I about flipped... "omg" I thought to myself "how did the limb come off... how did they put it on... ect ect"

Opened the thread and "DUHH"

I am such a geek... glad to see Winnie made a recovery...

**I feel so dumb** :sl*p: icon_blshing icon_blshing icon_blshing icon_blshing

No, I did exactly the same thing...I was afraid to open the post.
After the Eye thing from a few weeks ago Im totally obsessed with looking at Maxwells eyes to make sure......
My husband wishes I never read that.... :yikes

:lol: I was trying to avoid opening the post for a little while, thinking it would be upsetting.

What a pleasant surprise :lol: Thanks Joanne!

I have been told I have a flair for the dramatic icon_devil or is it that Tucker is a little devilish, just like his mum.

like mother like child, or shoudl I say furbaby! :lol: :lol:

Sandy I think our animals would get along well. Yours are all blind and ours are all deaf... :lol:

ROFLOL - this just made my day!!

I too have a shelf of cuddlies in urgent need of that medical attention too!!!

:lol:

Sadly my crew tend to destuff toys so that all I have left are flat, deflated plush animals beyond easy repair. But I too have had the blind, the halt and the lame on shelves awaiting my care that rarely ever comes. I did fix one eyeless toy that had lost a limb; it was Jaspar's favourite puppy toy, donated to him by his friend Bobby the Westie (who had 'de-eyed' the toy already). But he and Leo eventually destuffed it -- Leo taught Jaspar that bad habit. :roll:

I have two new extra-sturdy stuffed toys that I brought back as Xmas pressies to see how they do with those, plus a felt chew ball. So far, all still intact but they've only had them 48 hours.

cl*p :rotfl: Great post Joanne!

We also have an ICU ward full of patients in all sorts of critical stages. We tried reattachment on some past patients only to find that the limbs mysteriously have been rejected from the body and are found lying about the unsterile floor. These sweet looking dogs have that killer spaniel hunting gene after all. :lol: :lol:

And B/Ts I swear are the most myschevious ones of all. We call Casey Jaws.

:rotfl: Heehee Molly, you crack me up! :lol:

It would be funny to create some new 'frankenstien' toys by attaching parts from other toys! :badgrin:

Cathy Moon said:
:rotfl: Heehee Molly, you crack me up! :lol:

It would be funny to create some new 'frankenstien' toys by attaching parts from other toys! :badgrin:

LOL We'll be CREATING a new Line of TOYS

Back