• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

X Pen and toilet training

DaveD

Holly is 12 weeks now and is doing ok with her toilet training. She pees in her pee pads most of the time but will not poo there.

She currently has free run of our kitchen and we're now back to work. There will be people popping in everyday to let her out for a run and feed her.

We were thinking of getting an X Pen for when we're not there in a hope to assist in toilet training her. Question is if we put her in an X Pen when we're not there with her bed and pee pad will she grasp the idea what the pads are for ? I assume confining her to a smaller space will make her go her business on her pad if we put it away from her bed ? Also, and my biggest fear is, will putting her in an X Pen for so long upset her after being so used to having a much bigger space ?

Finally, anyone know where i can get an X Pen in Dublin ? Thanks !

i was having the same problem with freddie he has free run of our kitchen as well, he will pee on the paper but will poo everywhere, but we are trying to house train him and he is doing well, he has had accidents but it is starting to work now!

when people come in and check on her can u get them to bring her outside and see will she do her business, we usually wait about 15 mins after we feed him and he is then ready to do his poo's, so u could try that!

i was looking at xpens and the only place i could find them was on ebay!

I'm looking for an xpen myself. I have e-mailed some UK websites to find out if they will ship to Ireland and how much it will cost. I have only had 1 reply so far to say they don't ship here!

I will update you if I have any luck.

I'll check with Tara to see if they are selling these or can get them. They sometimes have them at dog shows at the IKC centre, for sale.

Tara ( www.dogtrainingireland.ie ) can order these.

If you email her at TaraATdogtrainingireland.com she can get them fairly quickly. They are going to put them on to their retail website as well in the future.

Karlin

Great, thanks for that Karlin. Bella starts basic obedience on Monday night with DTI so I can have a chat about the xpen then.

Back