• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sick Puppy ?

DaveD

We came home today at 5.30 and Holly's (12 weeks old) tummy was very bloated. She has been going potty alot more than normal since we came home, about 5 poops so far ! She also seems a little uneasy...

any ideas ?

I would be very concerned if I were you. 12 weeks old is very very young and if she's gone 5 times (I'm assuming within a couple of hours??) then I would take her into the vet asap. Pups can become very dehydrated very fast and if her tummy is bloated maybe something is wrong. Either way I think a pup going through that at 12 weeks should be seen right away.

Good luck and let us know how she gets on.. don't mean to scare you it's just that you kind of have to err on the side of caution when they are that small.. :flwr: :flwr:

Yes, I would run to the vet--- bloated tummy can be a gut full of worms- a blockage. yikes Best of luck

I hope sweet little Holly is doing better. It can be so worrisome when you have a new puppy and they are not doing well. Even if the tummy were not bloated it's always a good idea to take a new puppy to the vet for a check up within a couple of days of bringing them home.

Hope Holly is feeling better and your worries have been eased. Let us know how she's doing. :flwr:

We had Holly at the vet last week and he gave her a clean bill of health. He said she was a very healthy pup.

The person who called by to give Holly her lunch yesterday gave her Pedigree chum dry puppy food (was given to us !) instead of her usual Science plan food. I rang a vet last night and they said not to worry as its probably just due to the food. This morning Hollys tummy was back to normal and she seemed fine, as energetic as always. We're bringing her back to our vet though just for another check up to make sure she is 100%. We also gave her worm treatment last week too.

Thanks for all the replies, it can be worrying when something lke this happens ! :)

Glad it was probably nothing serious. It is frightening when that happens.

Well we had Holly at the vet yesterday and thankfully shes ok. She has a swollen large intestine so is on anti-biotics for 3 days to take that down.

are so pleased to hear holly is on the mend.... :flwr: wow all the worry eh?

take care holly ;)

glad to hear she is on the mend! :flwr: that happened me aswell gave pedigree dry food and ended up in the vets as he had bad diarrhoea!

Back