• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*** WARNING!!! Spoofed Cavaliertalk discussion list!!!! ***

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
One of our members has receieved the following email -- this is NOT from me and has nothing to do with this board and looks like a scam.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THROUGH TO THEIR WEBSITE.

It almost certainly has embedded malicious code and may ask you for your password to this site.

I do not know how they have been able to send mail but am putting extra security onto the board immediately.

Hello

This is the automatic list management system for the [email protected] mailing list. This is a FREE service.

Before you can participate in discussions or receive postings to this group, we must confirm that you actually want to receive them.

A short description of the cavaliertalk list:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A dog list for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel owners to share information about owning and living with a Cavalier including health and grooming issues, breeding, training and showing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to participate in this mailing list, please visit the following web page on the web:

[page deleted]

This is very important: IF you have clicked through and entered your password for this site, IMMEDIATELY log on and change your password or let me know so that I can change it. Someone may be able to hack the site by gaining access through people's accounts.

Don't worry.....this is the Hoflin list...they named it Cavalier talk and invited anyone on the list, there was a post on it. They were having server problems. I did write Doreen and tell her that was the name of your list too, it's probably just a coincidence. It's not a malicious website at all.

She cannot possibly want to use the same name -- it would ruin their independent identity -- also I have written to her to explain that people already have found it disturbing to get anonymous invites to join a list people think is using my board's name or may be connected to my board -- surely they want their own identity? They will be totally invisible otherwise -- I get nearly 20,000 visits per month to this board and have over 1000 members; they will have zero profile on any of the search engines. It would be a shame for them to lose their independent identity.

Why are they moving a Hoflin list to Coollist anyway?

sheesh, i'm sure glad it wasn't hackers..a year or so ago, i saw EZboard get almost wiped out by hackers, the theory was that it was a disgruntled former employee.

Back