PDA

View Full Version : Goodsearch.com Benefits Charity of Choice

Lindsay
4th January 2007, 03:42 PM
I read something in the paper yesterday that I wanted to pass on. There’s a search engine www.goodsearch.com that will donate 1 penny to the charity of your choice each time you use it. I’ve checked it out and it looks legit. You can choose any charity you like. As much as we use the Internet, the pennies could really add up.

I know that Lucky Star is available to receive donations. I don't know if Karlin's charity is eligible? But I think there is a section for charities to sign up.

Check it out. It’s an easy way to help without spending a dime. (Please note that if fraudulent seaches are made, the charity could be penalized.)

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

moniechris
4th January 2007, 06:20 PM
what does a fraudulent search mean? This seems like a great idea, if it is real then I would use it more than google.

Lindsay
4th January 2007, 08:57 PM
If you are just typing in things and clicking back and repeating, etc., basically just getting them to donate pennies. Like typing in jibber-jabber and hitting the button just to get it to donate your charity a penny. (Does that make sense?) :?

Its like when a company buys a sponsered ad on Google or Yahoo (the ones that appear on top or on the side when you search). Everytime one of those is clicked, the advertiser has to pay for it. Competing companies have been known to have people sit and click those to ring up a bill for the competing advertiser. :shock:

If something can be used in a dishonest way, somewhere someone will figure out how and do it! :roll:

moniechris
4th January 2007, 09:16 PM
gotcha ;)