• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

odor

LINDA CROSS

Bailey is a year old blem. The problem is he has a bad odor. Aftera bath he smells again in about 2 days. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Linda, you might want to make sure Bailey's ears and eyes are getting cleaned really well. I thought I was doing a good job with Flora (Blenheim) until I talked to my vet about her being "stinky." The upshot is that although I clean the area around her eyes every day, I wasn't pulling the skin taught enough and getting down in the crease. Yeast is most often the culprit if your dog is not smelling so sweet around the head area- eyes and ears being the most typical place for the nasty stuff to thrive.
JaneB

Linda - I have had 2 situations where my cavalier smelled bad. For both, you need to have the vet check it out.

1) Ear mites and an ear infection.
2) Anal gland infection

Let us know what you find out.

P.S. Bailey is adorable!

I had that problem too, and indeed now that I clean his ears daily and at least once a week with little drops it's a lot less!!!
Brushing daily helps too. Oh and sometimes its just because there's something left underneath his tail. :yuk: And some cavs smell more than others do, but not especially in a bad way.
Certainly don't try odor sprays, that's just horrible, you take away his smell and make him upset and confused with those things!

thank you for the advice, my husband said I need to clean his (eyes) better after I told me what you said. thanks!

Back