PDA

View Full Version : What made you happy today?

estertje
5th January 2007, 03:30 PM
I was happy today because I finally took the most funny pic of my little guy:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/estertje_/kiekeboeklein.jpg

He allways looks to me like that from the stairs when I'm on the computer. I love his little face; and the ears!!
It took me ages to get that one right! He allways pulled away when he saw me get the camera.

So, what made you guys happy today?

enchantingdragon
5th January 2007, 03:37 PM
Im happy today because I am graduating!!! :D

After 2 1/2 years I get my certifictae of completion for Interpreting for the Deaf. Its been a long hard 2 1/2 years (harder then the 4 it took me to get my BA surprisingly icon_whistling ) and Im so happy its done and I can relax for a little bit...until those state exams start looming that is :shock:

Alison_Leighfield
5th January 2007, 03:37 PM
We all know that answer... ;)

A cuddle with our cavaliers :D for sure!

It's amazing how everything feels good with one of them around!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

JaneB
5th January 2007, 03:45 PM
At 3:00 AM my foster girls were fussing to go out. I wasn't happy as I'm not a very good sleeper and was getting my first night of solid sleep in I don't know how long. Anyhow, we all went out, in the rain, mind you, came back in, dried off then back to bed. This time, I took all 4 girls to bed with me and woke up in the middle of a wonderful pile of Cavaliers! What joy to be surrounded by these sweet little balls of fur. Sleep? Who cares? :l*v:
JaneB

PS Thanks for beginning this thread - it's a lovely thing to think about.

casshon
5th January 2007, 03:46 PM
The fact that today is Friday is making me happy ;)

matties mum
5th January 2007, 04:01 PM
I am happy because I went to see my sister and took all the dogs with me---Aileen

Lindsay
5th January 2007, 04:28 PM
I'm happy that I have a job now that I get weekends off! TGIF! :D :D :D

My Wesley
5th January 2007, 04:58 PM
Happy that I helped some people in the office yesterday and the changes I made worked. Gonna be a slow Friday. YAY!

PamH
5th January 2007, 05:05 PM
I'm happy because I just printed off my boarding pass for my flight later today. I will be seeing my Maddy (and hubby of course) in just a few hours.
I'm happy because my father in law had heart surgery and it all worked out well.
I'm happy because I am eating my lunch in my office and it is chicken curry, one of my favourites.
Pam

Baileyboy
5th January 2007, 05:37 PM
Ester.. Love the pic of Sam.....

I'm happy today casue Bailey has'nt peeed on his leg yet today !!

And its Friday..

Joanne M
5th January 2007, 05:45 PM
I'm happy that I've begun the task of putting away all the Christmas decorations and the
livingroom is done b*n*n*

Of course lots of it is on the kitchen table ..... :sl*p:

arasara
5th January 2007, 06:02 PM
Love the picture!! It's great. .. ;)

I am happy because today I am sick (not good) but my boss let me have the day off and was very nice about it.

I got to sleep in until 12:30 :D

*Pauline*
5th January 2007, 06:37 PM
Hope you feel better soon :flwr:

*Pauline*
5th January 2007, 06:51 PM
I tidied my bed room while Dylan had his morning nap :v*cuum:
My daughter is still off work poorly but it's nice to have her around :l*v:
My son wasn't acting like a moody teenager (though he's 20) :shifty:
I got my hair cut.
I didn't stress about anything today and nothing has gone wrong all day. :wggle:
:D :D :D

WillowsMom
5th January 2007, 06:52 PM
I'm happy because Willow is back to being spunky after a tough night last night - she got home after her spay surgery and we could tell she was experiencing some pain - it was a long night. But today she's back to her tail-wagging self - now the hard part is keeping her from running, playing, jumping, stair climbing, etc, for the next week!

Krista

Harley & Carley
5th January 2007, 07:37 PM
I am happy because our babies are doing to great with their pottying and they slept all night :D

moniechris
5th January 2007, 07:57 PM
This is pretty ironic because I just finished posting how my day went in the "Dog and Bone Pub section" :roll:

I am happy because it is Friday and I have an interview for a new job this afternoon (which I have already been guaranteed the position:D :D :D)

I am even happier because I have a kegerator with freshly tapped beer waiting at home for me (and cavie love, of course)

Cicero's Mummy
5th January 2007, 08:01 PM
Easy, three things:

1. The thought of my little Cicero coming home soon.
2. My hubby being thoughtful enough to call me on his lunch brake.
3. It's Friday, which means I get to sleep all weekend if I choose to do so (that is until Cicero comes home, then it is fun puppy time on the weekend!)

Kdemars
5th January 2007, 08:50 PM
I'm happy because my aunt is in town (she is my mom's sister and my mom just recently passed away - and boy is she just like her) and she gets to meet my Ella for the first time - can't wait - 30 more mins.

duncans_ma
5th January 2007, 09:05 PM
I am happy because I have two days of hubby and cav love ahead of me

And because Arty had a check up today after all his colitis, etc and all is well

Huguette
5th January 2007, 09:29 PM
what makes me happy today ?? difficult question ! I am happy because every one is well at home ! I am happy because I went to a tearoom with a friend and because I can chat with you !

Shay
5th January 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm happy that the Holidays are over and life is back to normal. I am happy that I still have my Mom and Sunday is her 80th b'day party where all of her family will celebrate. I'm happy that Lily just woke up, and is playing like mad after going to the Vet this morning from being sick

RileysMom
5th January 2007, 10:57 PM
I took a nap this afternoon and I woke up to find my two cavs asleep next to me on their backs with their back legs all wrapped around each other. That made me really happy!!!! :D :D :D

molly
6th January 2007, 12:16 AM
I am happy because ...
I woke up this a.m. and had a pulse. :lol:
I am retired. It is the best job I ever had.
I no longer have to dye my hair, put on mascara and wear panty hose.
I will have my grandchildren visit this weekend.
I am happy to see them come; I am happy to see them go. :lol:
Life is sweet, the dogs make it sweeter! :badgrin:

Doggydad
6th January 2007, 12:34 AM
Im happy today because I am graduating!!! :D

After 2 1/2 years I get my certifictae of completion for Interpreting for the Deaf. Its been a long hard 2 1/2 years (harder then the 4 it took me to get my BA surprisingly icon_whistling ) and Im so happy its done and I can relax for a little bit...until those state exams start looming that is :shock:

First, as a father of an adult deaf daughter, I salute you! Congrats! :thmbsup:

Getting back to the subject of the thread, first I would have to confess to committing a no-no as far as being the doggydad of the household in order to describe my happiest moment of the day. I'll try to make this short.

The no-no; Our back yard is completely surrounded by a stockade fence with access gates on both sides of the house. With the exception of tunneling out, (which has happened one time since one of our six dogs is a digger), it is virtually escape proof unless someone leaves a gate open.

Our dogs have the complete run of the backyard in monitored out-times throughout the day. I.E.; Ninety-nine point nine percent of the time, when either doggymom or myself lets them out for potty breaks, excersize, etc., we go out with them until it's time to come back in.

Earlier today doggymom was gone on appointments and your's truly was home for the day and left in-charge. Within 2-hours after doggymom had left, I had had all six dogs out twice thoroughly supervised as usual.

Then, approx 20 minutes after the last outing, our darling Ruby angel, Megan, scratched at the door to go out.

Now, at this point I must stop and describe this little furbaby to the outside world. If you are familiar with the Chinese Circle of Life (personality traits; Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal & Water), she is 'Fire'. She is the pack's self-designated hunter-gatherer. Out of our three males and three females, she is the Alpha dog.

Her first priority no matter how badly she may have to potty is to patrol the perimeter fence, all hedges, all pool deck furniture, etc. and make da_ _ sure that all lizards are either scooted to the very top of the fence out of reach or are otherwise in hiding somewhere out of her vision.

This is her goal and main function in life. All other stuff including the fortune in Christmas toy babies are all secondary to this mission.

Point being, ol' gullible doggydad has fallen for this "scratch on the door cause I have to go potty" trick many times in the past only ending up in a marathon lizard round-up and no potty was necessary at all!

Now back to this morning. Since my little angel, (have you guessed she's my favorite? except for the other five of course) had been having a recent bout with the runs, I thought it wise to succumb to the request and err on the possible potty side this time.

Of course, at her side at the door was her best buddy of the pack, and constant companion in crime, HoBo, (our male rescue Poodle mix, second in command of lizard patrol and "The Digger").

Since I was right in the middle of browning Italian Sausages, peppers, onions, etc., etc., in preparation for this weekends football games, (I know, poor excuse), I let those two out unsupervised.

Five minutes later, I went to the door to check on them and found HoBo patiently waiting just outside but no sign of Megan. I immediately went to her favorite side of the yard for lizzy patrol and I was shocked to find the gate standing wide open! :sl*p: My heart sank and I started to breath like I had run a mile. I could not believe it since only 25 minutes before all was secure!

We live in a subdivision that is relatively low on traffic but we're only three blocks from a 4-lane highway where she wouldn't have a prayer to cross. I called and called her name as I ran back to the house for my keys to start driving around & looking. As far as I knew she had at least a 5-minute head start on me.

As I ran out the front door to my truck with my keys, I was continuing to call her name. Just then a man's voice across the street said; "Here she is".

It was a young man, one of the contractors working on a room addition being installed on my neighbor's house across the street. He was standing there eating a bag of potato ships and my little Meggy was sitting by his side waiting for another chip as he had offered to her to get her to come to him. Turns out she had gone directly to where the action was in their backyard. The construction crew said she had just gotten there, saw she was well groomed, and when they heard me call her name they knew I'd be over looking for her so they coaxed her to stay with the chips.

I'm not sure any of these young men have ever seen an older guy cry before but if they hadn't, now they have. I couldn't help it. I tried to pay them something but they wouldn't except anything. I just couldn't stop hugging her all the way home.

Anyway, needless to say, my most happy moment of the day? Getting a second chance with one of my furbabies that possibly on another day and under another circumstance, I wouldn't have had.

Some recent shots of my angel;

http://www.computerbroke.com/2easy/megan1.jpg

http://www.computerbroke.com/2easy/megan3.jpg

http://www.computerbroke.com/2easy/megan4.jpg

http://www.computerbroke.com/2easy/megan5.jpg

http://www.computerbroke.com/2easy/megan6.jpg

Shay
6th January 2007, 01:29 AM
Oh Doggy Dad....That is such a great story and thankfully, with a very happy ending. We all can relate to that heart sick feeling when you realize they are missing or get out of the door and run like the wind.

Your Angel looks like a little princess and you can certainly tell she is the alpha dog with that regal look she has. She is gorgeous!

Joanne M
6th January 2007, 01:45 AM
Thank God your Megan is safe. I can imagine how frightened you were. Those construction guys are great, how kind of them to become involved.

Love the pictures.

gocamping
6th January 2007, 02:24 AM
I am happy, because I took Libby tonight to the local petshop to get more food.

Across the street is Texas Roadhouse so my daughter and I decided to get take-out meals for the family. While waiting, we practiced with Libby in sit/stays and down. She did wonderful! People stopped to chat and she got a lot of great socializing done and practice with distractions!!!

judy
6th January 2007, 08:45 AM
congratulations and applause to everybody on their happiness. I'm happy to hear about all those good things that happened.

today i was happy when my supervisor offered to do parts of my work, i have too much work for 10 people to do and he knows it, but i enjoyed the realization that i am so lucky to have him as a supervisor, not all have been easy, he is a joy and a friend.

I am happy that i have a three day weekend, and also a three day weekend next weekend for martin luther king's birthday and then another three day weekend after that (i get every other monday off on my schedule)

I was happy today when my daughter called me at work and asked if i wanted her to get me something for dinner from the California Chicken Cafe. I got the chinese chicken salad with balsamic vinegrette. I was happy while i was eating it.

there were many things i was happy about today, come to think of it, and one of them is the chance given by this thread to realize this.

Cicero's Mummy
6th January 2007, 01:19 PM
Kdemars:

I see the bed your furkid is laying on in your avatar... we have the same bed for CIcero!! Glad to see your furkid enjoying it... we had a hard time picking out one for Cicero!

Kdemars
8th January 2007, 02:45 PM
Kdemars:
I see the bed your furkid is laying on in your avatar... we have the same bed for CIcero!! Glad to see your furkid enjoying it... we had a hard time picking out one for Cicero!
I LOVE TARGET!!!
Check out the pics of her growing up in this bed - ohh she is sooo big now ...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/350440276_92406d2744_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/350440279_ea1ed681fa_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/350440282_7166e2b69f_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/350440288_52ca9e8be4_m.jpg

moniechris
8th January 2007, 06:08 PM
She looks so comfy :flwr: I loooove Target too! I buy so much stuff for the boys there. I find myself shopping for myself first, once my cart is full then I go to the doggie isle and end up putting everything for me back on the shelf and trading out goodies for the boys :roll: icon_whistling

Zippy
8th January 2007, 09:49 PM
I'm happy because Mary Alice and I got our walkies in while the sun was out.....today has been wet and windy with some short periods of sunshine.

I always prefer to be outside with sunshine! ;D

We had two small-ish walkies due to the wind but that's ok! :flwr: :flwr:

waveyskies
9th January 2007, 12:53 AM
I am happy today because I have figured out not only this site, but also flickr! .... and how to make an avatar 8)

cooper&fergus
9th January 2007, 05:57 AM
I'm happy because today Cooper gobbled down his morning bowl of dried food from start to finish and looked up at me asking for more, for the first time since about a week before his first patella op. :)

Somebody is starting to feel better.

OhMarley
9th January 2007, 08:26 AM
I am happy today, as i spent it with a very funny Labrador called Jasper who I had to clip :shock: !!!!!!!!
He was so happy after his clip/bath/dry that he spend ages bouncing off the ground like a kangaroo, such a cute and lovely dog! :lol:

Mary
9th January 2007, 10:14 AM
I am so happy today because I got a new job offer in a dementia unit that is just one mile from house...I currently drive 18 miles to work each way. So way more time for my loving puppies. I can even run home at lunch! Life is good!!!!

selina
9th January 2007, 10:23 AM
I am happy today because my daughter woke up happy and in no pain for the first time in over a week. I am happy cos I managed to clean some of the house, my friend came for a visit, I had the offer of a quiet horse to have for free and that my dogs always make me laugh at some point in the day. Also that we are getting broadband in a few weeks.

Lucy's mum
9th January 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm tired, tired, tired!

But I'm happy.

Because what we are doing is preparing our house for selling....tidying it up, decluttering, depersonalising etc etc....as we are going to move down south to live near our daughter and her husband and their future child, due in June. We are retired so are free to start a new life and be there for our grandchild. Quite a project but a happy one so far! I'm sure there will be ups and downs with the move but it will be good to bond with her child and also enjoy our retirement in a new place.

So scrubbing the patio and clearing cupboards is a happy thing to do

Maxxs_Mummy
9th January 2007, 11:14 PM
Doggydad, you have just made me happier, knowing your little angel was returned to you so quickly and none the worse for wear :flwr:

My day was made very happy today when I received a lovely text from Alison :flwr:

merlinsmum
10th January 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm happy that little Oakley is finally getting "potty" plus we have had 5 dry nights in a row!

estertje
10th January 2007, 03:35 PM
I'm happy because I finally had a good day learning for my exams!! I felt a bit down lately and had a lot of trouble trying to concentrate, nothing would go in. In fact I had a horrible week, but today I feel much better and I finnaly stuck to my schedule!