• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ice Chips

Harley & Carley

My 2 love ice chips- they are just hysterical over it!! Is it bad on their teeth at this age?
They didn't seem to drink enough water to suit me, so I tried this instead.

I'm not sure if it is bad on their teeth, but Lily loves ice cubes. I often give them to her. My Vet has actually told me to give ice cubes in lieu of water when my 13 year old Lhasa was so sick in the past and even water would make her vomit. She always loved ice cubes too. Maybe all dogs like them, not sure. Lily especially likes to suck on ice cubes right now because she is teething.

Ice cubes and chips are big treats at our house for all the dogs. They LOVE 'em.

Our doggies have all enjoyed ice cubes....great way to get them hydrated, especially in hot weather. :)

Mine go nuts for the ice machine on the fridge door. You CANNOT get an ice cube in my house without an audience. And then they run into another part of their house to enjoy their precious and prized spoils.

Same here...I can't open the freezer without 4 big eyes looking up at me!!! It is also their treat when we come in from walks!!! They love them!!!!

I really really feel silly asking this... but when I chew ice cubes (i'm sometimes anemic and a sign is you chew ice - apparantly you crave dirt and paper too, but fortunately I havent had those urges!) Anyways, the odd time a chunk breaks off and almost chokes me. How come all your dogs are smarter than me and dont choke? Seriously only because I've had it happen I would be nervous to give a dog an ice cube.

This is so funny. I thought my Lily was just being weird. When the ice maker is dispensing out the door she comes a running. Then when you take your cup away you HAVE to let a few chips fall for her. She goes nuts otherwise. So, we always end up with little puddles from little pieces not eaten. But, for the most part, she eats them all up! How funny.

Back