PDA

View Full Version : HOMED, male blenheim, Dublin region only please

Karlin
6th January 2007, 07:46 PM
This fellow is in the pound and needs out on Wednesday. He will need foster for perhaps a week-10 days. I don't know anything about him but willing to bet he will need to be neutered. 8)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Martinar_1976/Albert1.jpg

Please post or PM if you can manage this boy.

Karlin
6th January 2007, 08:21 PM
Spoke to the pound rescuers. Probably 4-5 years old or so, extremely friendly, very depressed in the pound as this is clearly not the life he is used to, poor gentleman. Hasn't been reclaimed yet but his coat looks fairly well looked after so fingers crossed someone is looking for him.

I'd say he'd be a pretty easy foster boy and then he will be looking for a home.

Cathy Moon
7th January 2007, 05:41 PM
He looks like such a sweetheart! What a lovely boy!

Karlin
7th January 2007, 06:00 PM
He is. Here's another pic. Urgently in need of foster by Wednesday, if he is not reclaimed. :drivecar:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/349148163_d7fc104d6f.jpg

Maxxs_Mummy
7th January 2007, 10:38 PM
Oh he's gorgeous - he looks like 'Amy's' Toby (well Toby isn't technically Amy's but he spends more time with her and her Nan than anyone else :lol: ).

Hope he is either reclaimed or fostered :xfngr:

brid kenny
8th January 2007, 12:16 AM
Should be able to pitch in if you need help.

Karlin
8th January 2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks, Brid! he is also open to homing offers for any Irish folks peeking at this section, if he isn't reclaimed. I do feel he will be or there will be people really missing him...

Maxxs_Mummy
9th January 2007, 11:53 AM
Any news on him yet, Karlin? Have his people reclaimed him? Poor little chap :?

Karlin
9th January 2007, 01:35 PM
Not reclaimed, no booking for him; he definitely needs to come out tomorrow and there may be a problem -- I cannot go into this particular pound for complicated reasons having to do with rescue and sounds like the rescuers cannot get him either. Waiting on more info; they called me this morning and left a message.

Karlin
9th January 2007, 02:58 PM
Collection sorted.

Maxxs_Mummy
9th January 2007, 04:55 PM
Oh thank goodness for that. Has the little man got a foster home sorted too?

Karlin
9th January 2007, 06:44 PM
Yes Brid is taking him; may have a home for him as well.

However I now have a second cavalier, same pound, who must come out tomorrow or will be PTS so anyone in Dublin area thinking of fostering, he needs a place as well. :shock:

Karlin
11th January 2007, 10:53 PM
I can say this is one of the most delightful cavaliers I have ever had in rescue.

He is a big teddybear: 12 kg which is about 2-4 too many! A very handsome smiling face -- the pics do not do him justice at all. So his new life with two grannies, a mum and a 9 year old daughter, will be full of walks on the beach and the nearby fields and a little less food.

He is just adorable though -- absolutely adores kids, I could hardly keep him away from the little boy at the vets :), and he is only 3-4 and heart clear. :) He makes the most amazing range of snuffles and talking noises and is totally self-possessed. He didn't care much for a crate in the car at first but just slept happily for half the time driving him around, once he realised he wasn't coming out. :lol:

At his new home, he literally ran all the way up the walkway into the house and was delighted with himself. His new little 9 year old owner was totally in love -- "the best dog in the world, ever! Oh, I love him!" He plopped down froglegs style in front of her and rested on the floor after meeting the grannies and did a nice sit when a box of treats came out (oh, he sure could identify a box of treats, alright!).

That match really made my day, and I couldnt stop laughing at him. Albert kind of suited him but Boomer is going to be his new name. What a character. Hope he has many happy years in his new home.

brid kenny
11th January 2007, 11:17 PM
That's great news.

Maxxs_Mummy
11th January 2007, 11:27 PM
That is so wonderful to hear. I am sitting here crying happy tears whilst reading that. One minute he was going to be PTS and now he has a lifetime of love ahead of him :) So very pleased. Thanks Karlin for sorting him out. :hug:

Zippy
12th January 2007, 12:05 AM
Great ending to Boomers' story!!

May he have many happy years ahead of him!! :D :flwr:

Forest
13th January 2007, 05:39 AM
Karlin and all your helpers you do such a wonderful job!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: Thanks so much for helping these little darlings who can do nothing on their own but depend on us humans. It is a shame that some people weren't treated the way some of these poor babies are but we are not the kind of people to want any one to suffer.
Julie and the girls

misty
13th January 2007, 11:05 AM
oh, what a lovely happy ending. Boomer sounds gorgeous - I want him :)