• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

snoreing!!!!

cavalier mad woman

tell me does anyone elses cavies SNORE? i mean snore, we can`t here the tv sometimes, jessies is the worst. this is her
347709114_c366e25fc4_m.jpg

Thankfully... the only one who snores in our house as of right now is my hubby!

I have friends who say they have snoring Cavies...

Sophie snores so loud you can hear it downstairs in our basement apartment - luckily my daughter lives there so she's used to it!

sheri

Murphy snores. Sometimes its just quiet snores, but normally around 4 or 5 a.m he's really loud. I give him a little poke to wake him up, normally have to do the same to the o/h :badgrin:
They both just roll over, although sometimes Murphy rolls over and sticks a paw in my face for my troubles :?

LOL! Bentley snores so loud you'd swear there was a 200 lb. man in the room sawing logs! I wonder if it's a Cavalier thing?! I've never had a dog that snores so much, and I must admit it's rather cute, especially if he is sprawled out on his back!

They snore because their muzzles are shorter than is actually natural in a dog -- eg they have been bred to be short-muzzled (brachycephalic). This affects their soft palate and their nasal passages and indeed, the whole structure of the front of their skulls. It has a couple of results -- the cavalier 'snort' where they seem to gasp for breath (usually easy to stop by gently covering nostrils and tilting the dog's head downward), and snoring, though cavaliers that are overweight will definitely snore more. There unfortunately can be some serious health complications because of this, too, as there can be for all short or flat faced breeds, though these are fairly rare in cavaliers, which aren't as extreme as pugs, chins or Charlies or similar breeds with no muzzle at all!

I have one dog who snored unbearably loudly when I got her from the pound and she was obese. After losing a third of her weight, she stopped snoring entirely. She has started again after a stint in kennels where she seems to have snuck a few extra treats! :lol: And is again on diet rations. 8)

Just figured out why I don't sleep so well anymore -I miss the Cavalier Snore....Rudee was a champion snorer :lotsaluv:

:flwr:

thata a lovley prayer, i take it he`s gone to the rainbow bridge? will you have anymore? :d*g:
------------------------------------
elaine, jessie,carrie,buster & mollie`s mum x

hey ppl

yeah our cavaliers snore but nina is by far the loudest snorer of the bunch!nina is over weight aswel which has made her snoring worse but she is on a diet now so i hope her snoring will calm down a bit when she shifts the pounds :D :D

Both Cavaliers snore like grown men, and I think the shihtzu learned it from them (she also purrs). Wallis is overweight, Tibby is tiny.

Back