• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

This is GREAT!!

Crittercall

8) This is a great day for me because I've found all of you guys! More people who are owned by the Princes and Princesses of the - dare I say it? - dog world. I don't know how I ever felt my life was complete until I became a Cavalier owner.

I, too, am a Floridian and am glad to see others from the Sunshine State on the boards. One of my girls is a rescue from Sarasota; the other was born in KY where I lived at the time. She has a birth defect (micro-opthalmia) but don't tell her. The breeder in KY used the vet clinic where I worked and would come in and drop a litter of Cavaliers in my lap just often enough to keep me hooked.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learn more about your babies and your families.

I'll be flitting around from board to board I'm sure. And I'll warn you ahead of time that my fingers and brain run on and on!

I'm glad to be one of you!

It looks like the Floridians are giving the Canad's a run for their money :lol: !! Nice to have you aboard! Now why is it that there are tons of Floridians on this site, but I have never once seen another cavalier out and about?!! Why is that?!

moniechris said:
It looks like the Floridians are giving the Canad's a run for their money :lol: !! Nice to have you aboard! Now why is it that there are tons of Floridians on this site, but I have never once seen another cavalier out and about?!! Why is that?!

Funny you should say that. I know of one other one who goes to the same vet as I take my crew to. And the oddest thing is Tibby, my rescue cav. She came from Sarasota. My groomer says that she grooms another ruby Cav who was a rescue dog from the same part of the state and that she would swear that they are litter mates!

Actually I'm kinda glad that they aren't seen any and every where you go. Makes them even more special in my book! Or when people ask what kind of dog you have and when you tell them they have never heard of them.

About the Canadians.....a lot of them spend their winters down here with us!!

Everyone asks me "what kind of dog is that??". I've gotten A LOT of bizarre questions, like "Is that a beagel mix?" or "cocker spaniel, springer mix?" I just chuckle and give them the incredibly long title of "cavalier king charles spaniel" and they say "ooooooh. Sounds expensive" :roll: :lol:

:D I usually leave off the "Spaniel" only because people nod knowingly and say something like "Oh, a type of Cocker". IMO, there is nothing remotely close to a cocker spaniel about the CKC!! (Okay, so call me a dog snob!!)

Back