• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

people using photobucket for avatars

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Just NB an awful lot of these remain oversize and I've had to resize several and repost to your profiles, to get them to the right size.

If you are using Photobucket please make sure your avatar is at or smaller than the MAXIMUM size as noted in the Getting Started section.

It takes a lot of my time to have to download your avatar, and upload it to my general flickr.com account to then go to your profile and replace the existing avatar with the size small pic on Flickr. I don't mind doing this once but will PM you on this if you decide to change the image and end up with an oversize image again.

In Getting Started, I do explain how to get the exact size using Paint, a free program on every Windows computer that lets you see the pixel size of your image, which will let you know exactly whether your image is to large or too small. This is better than making guesses as you reduce images on Photobucket or Muchos. If you switch to Flickr all your avatars will automatically be the right size. (y)

Thanks for keeping my admin work and the moderators' work to a minumum by observing proper avatar sizes and not thinking you are the sole exception to the board rule. 8) Even if I like you an awful lot, no one here is an exception to that particular rule. :)

arasara--

Every time I see your avatar it gets me all excited for my little one to arrive home!

I am super excited. We went to the puppy store the other night just to get my puppy fix (going crazy waiting for Cicero!) and they had a Tri Cavalier there!! Usually they only have Blenheims (they say they are the only ones that "sell" I HATE puppy stores), but we got the little Tri girl out to play with her. She was so sweet and everyone kept asking us if we were going to take her home... I of course said no that we have one on it's way and murmured something about puppy mills supplying pet stores under my breath. Man this wait is driving me bonkers!
2igdlr4.gif

I use photobucket and the avatar 'looks' ok on my laptop - but please tell me if it's too big!!! i hate the large ones and would hate for mine to be too big!!!

Mine is the max size -- if you open threads and see yours is sticking out more than all the others, you are probably oversize. :lol:

As I've noted in the past, this isn't a petty obsession of mine (well not really :p ) but a key way of maintaining easy readability for ALL board members and the max size and decision to opt for avatars rather than sig pics was part of a discussion with all board members many months ago. Not all have big computer screens, or broadband to download big avatars.

I am hoping the new version of this board software, when released, will enable me again to have an auto-resizer for avatars as that was a very useful add-on -- but it no longer works with current versions of the board. :(

Checking mine too :shock: It shows the size as 240 x 180 so this is ok..right? It does look taller than Karlins but not wider :?

Back