• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No words can describe how awful this is.

Bruce H

This was forwarded to me from Kris today. I can't imagine anything more awful.

<This was on the golden list. Carlin lives in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Carlin Rasmussen has lost her dogs, her house and her beloved husband, Trent, in a house fire this morning. She was at the Minnesota dog shows this weekend. Some may remember her "Dickens", Ch. Carlin's Holiday A Xmas Carol.

Everything was lost in the fire, with the exception of the clothes Carlin had with her, and her van. This was a terrrible, terrible fire, with 15 fire trucks from 3 different departments on the scene.

Lost in the fire were Trent, Atti, their golden and Carlin's beloved Champion Chinese Crested; Sable, their Border Collie who helped care for the game farm birds; 2 young golden puppies; and Brin and her litter of 5, 6-week old golden puppies. There was one surviving dog, Samantha, who was outside in the kennel.

This puts everything in perspective. Hug your love ones, human and animal.>

What a devastation, cant find words to say. So sad what a tragedy thoughts are with you Carlin & the sad loss of your husband, dogs & home of many memories...

OMG Bruce I have gone cold. That poor, poor lady :(

I think we'll all give our loved ones and extra hug tonight :hug:

wow,

Bruce if you know this lady personally pleaes give her an extra big hug and a compassionate tear from Kosmo and I.

I can't imagine losing everything. Thank God at least 1 of her animals was spared in the fire. I can't think of words to say about this situation.

I think we all will give our furries an extra hug tonight..

What a sad thing to hear - I hope she has family and close friends to rally round here. Have they found out the reason for the fire... Note to everyone to get smoke detectors and test them regularly. :(

I can't imagine. That would be it for me. I would be in an institution. Have any funds been set up to help this woman? :(

So very sad to hear this news I cannot image how I would feel if that happen to me I hope she will be alright I will keep her in my thoughts ---Aileen

OMG! This has got to be one of the worst possible things I've ever heard. I am just in tears reading this. I dont even know what to say, but how sorry I am.

oh Bruce I'm so so sorry to hear this...what a dreadful thing to happen. :( :(

I just can't imagine how poor Carlin must be feeling - sending comforting thoughts to her...

I don't understand why these awful things happen - it does make us realise how precious our loved ones and little ones are and reminds us to cuddle them close...

That is a terrible, terrible tragedy. How difficult to have been away to find this has happened. :(

Bruce ,

How awful. Yes I have hugged my babies tonight.
I wish there was something to say to ease her pain.

it really does put things in perspective.
:(
i hope by the news of this tragedy spreading, the caring thoughts of people far and wide will touch karlin and soothe her heart..

Poor Carlin,
To not only lose your husband but your furbabies as well is a great tragedy. My heart goes out to her.

Very sorry to hear this tragedy .. i feel their loss.. hope she's recovering well. Prayers and thoughts to her. :(

I had chill bumps just reading the story. I can't imagine goint through something so horrible.

My prayers will go out to her tonight.

Critter

Back