• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For gosh sakes...what next!!

moniechris

About 3 days ago, I found the clasp to Cody's red nylon leash, all by itself. I thought to myself "gosh, thats odd..." icon_nwunsure
Yesterday, I took Cody outside to potty and discovered that HE HAD EATEN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEASH!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes I couldn't believe it!! He poo'd it out with no problems and just looked at me like "what mom?" I have been keeping a close eye on him ever since, but he is totally fine! My God he could have died and I never would have known why!! The stupid pup would have eaten the metal clasp if he could have gotten it down!! He must have pulled the leash off the hook and gone to town :swear: I gave him extra snuggles because I was soooo thankful that he was alright... it could have killed the naughty bugger!!!

I know there are tragic stories about dogs eating small objects it causes major problems, even death...but what is the strangest thing your dogs have ever eaten?

Rocky chewed up and probably injested pieces of a plastic disposable razor! I couldn't find the blade part and was in a panic. I ran to the store to get cottonballs and cream, supposed to help sharp things pass ok. Luckily by the time I returned my DH had found the blade, hidden under his bed for later chewing.

Nina and Teddy will chew pens if I drop them, and then of course there is the wallpaper incident , but it took 9 puppies to do that, lol
Paperparty0022.jpg

oh wow I am sorry to hear that.. sounds like Kosmo and rope toys. Almost had to make a trip to the ER the other day because Kosmo had eaten parts of a rope toy and was having a hard time getting it out. He was crying and crying.. I stood there helpless wondering if I should "help it out" but if it was already having trouble coming out then what more damage would I do?? Thankfully by the time we got home (to go to the vet :roll: ) he got it out himself.. Boy was he a happy camper when it came out.. I've never seen him so happy.. :lol:

Last year we had Christmas at my mom's house who has a JRT. We had all the presents in boxes in the middle of the floor because we had to go to my grandma's house to have christmas at her house.. Brave little sassy decided that she wanted to chew on the knife that Avi got for Christmas. (yes, KNIFE! :yikes ) She crawled into the box and chewed the handle a bit and then apparently she must have tried the blade because when we seen the handle we did some firther investigating and seen a cut inside her mouth.. thankfully she must have taken one bite and learned her lesson.. :yikes :yikes

:yikes :yikes :yikes Oh Nancy!!! I bet they had sooooo much fun doing that!!! :lol:

Joanne- Why do they always like the expensive stuff the best??!! I swear if I lef the price tag on all my shoes, Cody would go for the one's I hadn't paid off yet! He seems to have a preference for Steve Madden icon_whistling

about 15 minutes, this is what the whole room looked like, I was cleaning out their pen. I think they knew their mom took a piece off my kitchen paper when I had just gotten her at 8 months old.
Paperparty0012.jpg

You were very lucky. A member of another forum learned of the death of a puppy she had only sold a few weeks before. The cause was swallowing part of the rope on one of those ball on a rope toys. The length of fabric tore its intestines.

:yikes :yikes :yikes

Wow Nancy !! They had fun didn't they!!

I know Barbara - Thanks for posting that.. it's a good reminder of how serious a situation like that is. I can't give him any toys with any sort of ropes on them anymore. ;( It's unfortunate but it's just the way it is. I even watched him with the cow rope toy (that he chewed up) and he didn't seem to swollow much of it, just chew it up.. .. but I guess a little bit is all it takes. That toy has gone to visit the gods of the landfill now.. icon_whistling icon_whistling

I also had a friend whose puppy jumped into the tub and got a razor and ate most of it, blade and all. They did surgery on him. He was VERY lucky.

Honey has gotten into the larder press a few times and eaten chinese dried noodles (the type that you soak/boil to cook) and peanuts. This meant a trip to the vet and her stomach swelling up to look like a barrel.

Obviously, it wasn't funny at the time but thank goodness she was fine and we can laugh at it now :p

Molly & Bella also got into a big bag of Christmas presents and shredded everything :roll:

Of course its never their fault - always ours. Why do we leave things like wallpaper on the walls or food in presses :lol:

An entire limb off of a dog toy that was drawn up to look like a cat! :lol:

This is what the toy looks like (it was the blue one to be exact):
kitty.jpg

The next day I saw it in the front yard. This poor little kitty paw in the shape of a turd. It was pitiful :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!! I gave the purple kitty to Cody LAST NIGHT after a trip to Target. It lasted all of 2 minutes before he ripped the head off and had stuffing all over the house. Trashed it after 2 minutes and 30 seconds of play time. I don't know why I bother anymore :?

Barbara Nixon said:
You were very lucky. A member of another forum learned of the death of a puppy she had only sold a few weeks before. The cause was swallowing part of the rope on one of those ball on a rope toys. The length of fabric tore its intestines.

Oh my goodness, Dylan has one of them and it looks so indestructable and he loves it so I let him have it in his crate(...just going to get it out). Thanks for mentioning that.

Oh my gosh, how scary is that to poo out a leash?! I am so paranoid about what my dogs may chew up and ingest.....today I let them have some eral hard rawhide chewies for about an hour, but then I took them away because I was worried about them getting too soft and being eaten.

Many dog toys have warning tags on them in the US. Really, the only toys that are safe to leave with an unsupervised chewer are Kongs and the strong plastic nylabones. (y)

Jeremy loves my handercheifs and I had a dog that at socks and would pooh them out. It was a real fetish. I never did get her out of that. Luckily no trips to the vets.

:yikes at all the awful things they've eaten :yikes

Sorry Nancy, but I am crying with laughter here looking at your 'wallpaper crime' pictures :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the worst things that Maxx has chewed have been the bottom shelf of a new bookcase when he was a puppy (I got it replaced :badgrin: ) and a bright red lipstick that was part of the kids Hallowe'en makeup - he just looked like Marilyn Monroe for a few weeks :lol:

Charlie likes to chew on Maxx's wicker basket when Maxx is asleep in it. He wakes up covered in bits of wicker :lol: I guess i should replace it but they both love it so much and a new one is never the same :roll:

Back