• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When does the puppy behaviour changes?

Laura&Lia

(I don't know how to explain this in english, i hope you understand)

When does a puppy behaviour changes to become an adult behaviour?

Tucker will be two in May and he still acts like a puppy to me. He has stopped chewing on the woodwork. But I wonder if cavaliers keep that puppylike personality throughout their lives. Tucker is starting to get a bit more territorial, he barks now where he rarely did before. He stands guard at the gates to the yard, barking at birds and squirrels mostly. But he still jumps in my lap, runs around the house with boundless energy, loves to play fetch, give wet kisses, and cries with excitement when he sees his favorite people (all of my very large family).

I think it was around two when Candle and Ally stopped most of their annoying puppy antics like chewing, being trustworthy in their potty habits, etc.

Like Tucker, they still get very excited when they see people. For Candle ANY people will do...Ally loves HER people the most. Folks are still surprised when I tell them they are 3 (Ally) and 4 (Candle) years old. They still have that cute puppy face. :d*g:

Wesley is now almost three and he is FINALLY calming down. Getting Cody helped wear him out though. His chewing stopped around 2, and his potty training was 100% then.

I know it seems like a long way away, I feel your pain! Cody is driving me nuts right now with his eating inanimate objects and chewing my shoes.

Cherrise is 9 month.. she has stopped playing with her toys , but still love her bones.. she become less hyper though *phew* . She used to try to run to the streets trying to chase everything! ( every mommies know how nerve wrecking this could be! ) :yikes in those "golden" days -- . --'' , everytime i leave her in her exercise pen, she would tear up the puppy toilet pads, run with it, just creating a HUGE mess to tell me, " i hate it here, mommy! " :x but now, she'll just curl up in her cozy igloo bed, waiting for me to come home from work.. :w**h**: I guess every cavies are different .. ;)

Our last dog was a lab and their personalities are a little different than a cavaliers but ours was playful like a cavalier. Labs are slow to mature - which is another way of saying they can easily get into puppy trouble longer. Housebreaking was never an issue, we got her at 4mths and she was trained by the breeder. By one she was obedience trained but had to be watched for a few things till 3. She was fine loose in the house if someone was home, but if left alone would find trouble so I still needed to put her in a small room if I went out so she wouldnt hunt down garbage cans, look in kids knap sacks for left over snacks etc.. A totally hallmark kind of dog happened around 3.

Back