• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Treats & Diarrhea??

Zippy

Just wondering if anyone elses' Cavalier gets the runs from treats such as a dried tendon?

When I was out the other night, someone let Mary Alice eat a whole twisted dry tendon....now she's got an upset tummy.

I normally let her chew one for about 1/2 hour, then take it away.

Do you let your doggies eat a lot of these "treats"?? tx.

Funny enough....that is something neither of mine reacts to. They both have developed much better tummies past the age of about 18 months. In fact, they had these for the first time the other day...and nothing negative. Of course, after 1/2 hour there's nothing left....they've chewed them and finished them off :lol:

I know the ones that cause problems. The peanut flavour edible nylabones seem to get Leo and Lily. Lily cannot eat most chewable bones, except for Greenies, as they reappear in alarming forms.

Those pork crackling things give them all hideous wind, and pig's ears can be way too fatty.

I tend to stick with fruit/veg, various small dog biscuit thingies, Greenies, dried tripe, and bully sticks, of the edibles.

I gave my cavvies dried tendons once, but I thought they seemed greasy so I never bought them again.

I'm wondering if Mary Alice would like Sam's Yams for a nice, low fat chewy treat. If anything, they should firm up her poo. :) We bought them once, and the pups loved them! I'm having difficulty finding them locally, though.

I'm still giving my 3 the bully sticks for chewing.

Back