PDA

View Full Version : Cross Stitch Card shop

Nicki
9th January 2007, 10:15 PM
A few months ago, Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine {published by Origin publishing} produced some charts of pedigree dog breeds.

One of them was supposed to be a Cavalier {it's always useful to have charts of Cavaliers!!}, so I bought a copy of the magazine, but was rather disappointed to find that although the caption said Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, the dog pictured was a King Charles!!

{Actually I was also rather surprised, as many people don't even know what a King Charles is :( }

I e-mailed the magazine and sent them a photo of my three boys {it was before we had Kyla!}.

I was very surprised to receive an e-mail on Friday saying that my letter was going to be published...

I bought the magazine yesterday {it's issue 52} and yes, my letter is in there - together with the photo of my boys!! Fame at last

Well the prize {for having your letter published} is supposed to be 50 blank aperture cards...they will come in very useful for more fundraising for NESSR Spaniel rescue :D

Maxxs_Mummy
9th January 2007, 11:06 PM
Really well done, Nicki :D

Karlin
10th January 2007, 01:52 AM
:lol: That is so odd, too, when the KC is actually an 'endangered breed' in the UK. I have never seen a pet KC in Ireland though someone called me looking for one today!

Shay
10th January 2007, 04:09 AM
Congrats Nicki! b*n*n*

Nicki
10th January 2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks...actually the chart of the King Charles was really quite nice, it's a wee Tri, reminds me of Cynthia's Rob Roy...{the lady who runs NESSR}

It's usually the other way round, that people show pictures of Cavaliers and call them Charlies, so I was a bit surprised too!!