• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Things I thought I'd never see

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
When Lily first came out of the pound I almost had to get rid of her immediately as she went after the cats way too enthusiastically. One reason I did end up hanging on to her is that I have never seen a dog try so hard to do what was wanted of her and boy, was it hard for her to hold back from going for the cats.

Six months later, I turned around this evening to see this:

352214182_798e65c475.jpg

Poor Lily drowning under Quincy's big butt! :lol: Quincy loves dogs and is both determined to have them love him and his big belly and fearless -- he was the first to just stand his ground when she tried to chase the cats. But still I never believed Lily would one day actually be curled up with any of the cats.

However now they will all routinely sleep near her on the sofa but only Quincy has put himself not just within reach but on TOP of poor Lily. She is like a heat seeking missile and has discovered that Quincy is kind of like a heavy orange duvet and nice and warm, so there are some benefits to tolerating fat cats.

Oh isn't that the sweetest??!! Good for you in not giving up on her and seeing her potential. And kudos to Quincy for not giving up either :D

Great photo...made me smile....just love Lilys' expression!! :lol: :lol:

Good girl, Lily! :flwr:

What a wonderful photo Karlin! :D Lily really did want to please didn't she :) Thanks for sharing it gave one a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Julie and the girls

very cute Karlin. :) Lily looks like she's right at home.

Now we just need a picture to go under that of Tandie and Flea and you Irish folk have got it made! :D

Oh Karlin you must have been thrilled - that's fabulous.

Bless Quincy - he makes me laugh how much he loves the dogs :D

Lily doesn't look too sure but I guess the warmth won her over!! She has done amazingly well under your guidance, it's lovely having a dog who is so eager to learn and to please.

Ummm could you pop Quincy in the mail please...it's quite cold here tonight so I could do with a warm furry kitty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicki said:
Ummm could you pop Quincy in the mail please...it's quite cold here tonight so I could do with a warm furry kitty :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just thinking the same. Quincy is so much like my friend Debbie's old boy & looks just like the sort of puddy that will make anyone become his bestest bud :lol:

Wonderful pics Karlin and well done to all of you :flwr:

That's amazing - I can't keep Ella off of the cats - I just hope one day I get a picture like that!!!

I think you said you were fostering Lily - I do not get a chance to read all the posts so I probably missed updates on this - sorry if this is redundant - is Lily an official Karlin family member?

The 'heat-seeking-missile" made me laugh I think my girl might be one too.

Back