• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Baby got fixed today

Nancy

My beautiful boy Teddy got neutered today. I had gotten him to show and his testicles never descended. I wasn't that concerned because his father's descended very late, but Vet after Vet told me they never would if they hadn't by now, he's almost 8 months old. I am very sad, I swear it hurts me more than him. I got him a softer ecollar because he started licking his incisions but they are all horrid. Anyone have any advice on how to keep him quiet tomorrow? I know it will be hard, he loves playing with his little friend Mona. Here is my baby:

teddydrapes.jpg

bed.jpg

Kingston was neutered on Dec. 28th, just shy of 8 months old. I was a nervous wreck the entire day. He also had an undescended testicle and I was afraid the vet would have to do a lot of searching in order to find it. Turns out, the surgery went absolutely fine and Kingston acted like it never happened. The incision where his stitches were did look a bit red and swollen for a few days. I was ready to keep him on bedrest in an e-collar with pain medication, but the vet said he didn't need any of that! Kingston was flying off the couch and running around the very next day. He had his stitches taken out yesterday and he looks great! Try not to fret too much. Your baby will be fine.

aww Nancy he is beautiful.. :flwr:

Glad that you've decided to keep him... :)

Have you thought of putting him in a onesie and cutting a hole for the tail?

It wasn't necessary for me to put a cone or onesie on kosmo - I just watched him like a hawk. .. whenever he would go to lick I would give him an "ahh ahh" and he'd stop so I'de give him a kiss and call him a good boy.. it worked.. ;)

Good luck! :flwr:

Awwww....Teddy boy...you're still beautiful even though your "package" is gone :lol: I didn't have any problems with Jake and his incision. Which is a miracle cause that boy is obsessed with his down-there parts. He looks so sweet cuddled with his little girl, Mona.

Sarah, I am still trying to place Teddy, but I thought he would make a better pet if neutered and Nina will be going into heat soon and I didn't want to cause him (and me) undue stress. I'm still waiting for the right home for him, but until then , he's still my baby and I am debating whether to let him out of the crate yet. He already jumped on a high chair this morning while he was on a leash!

He is so beautiful Nancy. My boy Scout was flying around the day after surgery also. The onesie is a good idea or would a belly band cover the area well enough...I don't remember if they would cover that far back. Scout did not bother with his stitches so I was lucky with that part.

Nancy, try not to worry too much :flwr: Maxx had an undescended testicle too - his was up behind one of his ribs and he ahs got an enormous scar to prove it :shock:

However, he was absolutely fine but we couldn't keep him off the furniture. So just made sure he went up and down gently and didn't go too mad when playing.

:hug: Teddy :hug:

Teddy thanks you for the hugs :cry*ing: the only belly band I have here is really snug and I'm afraid it would really press into the stitches. I'm keeping him mostly in the crate today with several walks, maybe tomorrow I'll turn him loose. Wonder how Nina's panties would look on him, lol? JUST KIDDING

Back