PDA

View Full Version : Another backyard breeder story

sramirez
10th January 2007, 06:19 PM
My sister phoned me last night to tell me she had seen in their local paper in western Nebraska (middle of the U.S.) that a backyard breeder was going to be at the WalMart parking lot on Saturday if anyone wanted to buy a puppy!

Unfortunately, these folks think they're going to get "rich" off of these pups - then when folks can't/don't afford to buy them from unknown breeders, they start dumping them. Wished I lived closer to my sister so I could stop by the parking lot.....

I will; however, try to find the ad in their local newspaper -call the byb and tell them about rescue/rehome if they don't sell their puppies. IF I can be cordial about it that is....

Sheri

Maxxs_Mummy
10th January 2007, 08:20 PM
Couldn't you just go and shoot the byb????? :badgrin:

Cathy T
11th January 2007, 12:39 AM
Oh Donna...I'm with you on that!

sramirez
11th January 2007, 08:49 PM
OK, I just finally found the number for the lady who was selling the puppies in the WalMart parking lot in Nebraska....

She was so proud to tell me she had "sold them all" but hey, she had another litter that was born a week ago!! Really made my day, let me tell you. She & husband live in the sandhills of Nebraska and have two females/one male.

She wasn't really interested in talking to me after I told her I was checking into whether any of the puppies needed to be taken into rescue because they didn't find homes. She did take my number; however.

I'm sure the poor folks who bought the puppies have no idea what they're getting - how sad. It's definitely a money making endeavor for people like this.

Sheri