• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

underbite

Heather

can anyone tell me if they have ever known a very slight underbite in a puppy to rectifie itself (4 months old ) would be grateful for your opionions thank you have been told that it will go right but would still like to know if anyone else has had this problem
:)

YES!! I have a girl who had a slight underbite until she was a year. I didn't start showing her at all until the bite righted itself.

woodhaven thank you for that as i said iv been told it will rectifie but then someone else has said it wont but thought i would post and see if anyone else had had the same problem :D :flwr:

Rocky has a slight underbite, that's why the breeder sold him as a pet only. We hoped it would right itself but it didn't, he's two now. It doesn't affect his eating in any way!

Our Flora had an underbite when she was very young and for the most part, it has corrected itself. Her bite isn't perfect but pretty close. We never did tell her as I'm sure, being the "princess of the galaxy" she would have insisted on braces. :roll:

JaneB

Shelby had a very noticeable underbite as a baby but it has straightened itself out a bit. If she were a girlie girl...she'd definitely have braces though :D

Amber also had an underbite that was very noticeable around 10-14 weeks (not at all before then) and while her lower jaw still curves up in that underbite way, it is SO SO much better already. I really think it'll probably be virtually invisible by the time she's a year- she's nearly 6 months now.

One theory I have that might be totally unfounded: I notice that the dogs with underbites tend to have a more domed skull in profile with a very distinct stop. I wonder if these dogs are maybe throwing back to the ETS/King Charles? Jane's Flora, for example, is identical to Amber in terms of head shape and profile.

Back