• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pee on legs

Juliet

Hi,

When my little boy, 9 months old, lifts his leg to pee, he often ends up spraying some on another leg/foot. Do any of you know of a good way either to prevent this happening, or to cover up their legs? Yellow on white is not a good look!

I wish I knew an answer to this question!! I hav to give Wesley a wipe down every time he comes back in the house. What is worse is that he will lift his leg on Cody when the poor little thing is trying to potty!!!! :roll: :yuk: :sl*p:

I will be watching this thread closely to see what I can do too!!

Izzy used to get into a real mess, because he looked round, so turned, while weeing. He grew out of it eventually.

Our Ruby does the exact same thing. I keep a box of large pet wet wipes by the back door and have just resigned myself to having to wipe down at least one front leg each time he comes in. A lot of it does seem to have to do with whether or not he turns to look at something while doing it. I was wondering if it was just Cavalier anatomy or what!

Thanks for the good thought about wipes. Is there a particular brand of wipes you all have found to work the best?

I used a spray on coat cleaner (8in1 , I think it was), but sprayed onto kitchen roll and used that as a wipe; much cheaper.

I use baby wipes on Tucker, when he'll let me. The little dear does not like having his paws touched at all. I have to chase him around the house, by the time I catch him the wipe has dried! He's got long, thick, black hair, so it's not easy to see, but I can smell it on him. Of course, no one else can, I have always had a nose for smells.

At least it doesn't show on Tucker. Even freshly bathed Blenheims end up with yellow feathering.

The only thing my vet could recommend was the weak peroxide they use to clean hair after ops, but i didn't want to risk it, so we had a Blenheim tricolour for a while (red, whire and yellow)

Only tip I have that we use for yellowish, used to be white fur, is the bright white shampoo from tiabellas - miracle worker!!

Im glad this topic has coome up 2 as i have the exact same problem with my b&t joey.he pees on his belly,chest and his front legs!its so anoying!! :x :x iv had no choice but to cut his feathering really short as its just a lot more practical and I can let him sit on my knee without having stinky wee marks on me. :yuk:

i hope one day he will grow out of it :xfngr:

Merlin still pees on his front legs at 23 months. its because he lifts his leg so high he aims striaght at himself :lol: :lol: I just use a baby wipe to wipe him down

Bailey does it too, I've had to have his hair cut quite short and just use baby wipes to clean him down.... He only does it if he hasn't been for a while so in the mornings,when I get home from work at lunch time and in the evening.

i thought indy was the only dog that did this....he pees on his chest and if the wind is blowing it ends up everywhere. i can't bring myself to cut his feathers so the baby wipes are a great idea!

he also lifts his leg very high. i swear he has (or thinks he has) such incredible flexibility. He aims for about a 110 degree angle and succeeds in losing his balance and peeing all over himself. hope he gives up on the gymnastics eventually.

i think that the whole leg-lifting thing must be confusing for little boys. A few times a week he actually lifts his leg when he starts to poop and we have to pull him with the lead to make him squat normally. pooping on one leg---imagine! how is that even physically possible??? :sl*p:

k

KimNIndy said:
i thought indy was the only dog that did this....he pees on his chest and if the wind is blowing it ends up everywhere. i can't bring myself to cut his feathers so the baby wipes are a great idea!

he also lifts his leg very high. i swear he has (or thinks he has) such incredible flexibility. He aims for about a 110 degree angle and succeeds in losing his balance and peeing all over himself. hope he gives up on the gymnastics eventually.

i think that the whole leg-lifting thing must be confusing for little boys. A few times a week he actually lifts his leg when he starts to poop and we have to pull him with the lead to make him squat normally. pooping on one leg---imagine! how is that even physically possible??? :sl*p:

k

Just like Merlin :lol: if he can't find a bush suitable to put his bum in, he'll do the "i'll look like I'm peeing but actually I'm pooping" stance :D :lol:

Brodie pees all over his front legs too (he'll be 3 in April and didn't start hiking until age 2). He gets smelly quick if we are out of town - he hikes several times in one walk (smelling other dogs)!!! It's nice to know he's not the only one with this problem...bless his heart. He hikes his leg super high too...it's pretty hilarious. I wonder if his pee pee hair contributes to the problem??? How it is trimmed or not trimmed? (hope this isn't TMI :shock: ) I noticed when he was little and always squat peeing that if I left the hair long it directed the stream down (capillary action hee hee) and away from his front paws. I haven't determined if it makes a difference with the hiking though - getting the front paws in the stream is probably inevitable. I've found that Nature's Miracle wipes really help neutralize the urine odor...not sure about the staining though :)

I wonder if his pee pee hair contributes to the problem??? How it is trimmed or not trimmed? (hope this isn't TMI ) I noticed when he was little and always squat peeing that if I left the hair long it directed the stream down (capillary action hee hee) and away from his front paws. I haven't determined if it makes a difference with the hiking though -

i hope that's not TMI because i'm interested to hear the answer. indy's is quite <ahem> luxurious....in fact we used wonder if his 'feather' was supposed to be like that. i couldn't bear to trim in but if it means less pee on the legs and chest, that's one feather we are willing to sacrifice.

k

I'm interested in this conversation too ... Lucky has been getting quite luxurious hair down there too ... but he was neutered very young & still squats - he is always getting his front paws wet ...

I've started putting the natures's miracle wipes just inside the door.

Who needs wipes when Woody wee, gets his front legs wet, comes in and jumps up at my legs...... ;)

Back