PDA

View Full Version : Going out of Business Sales + 10% off (UPDATED!)

arasara
11th January 2007, 06:25 PM
I just spoke with the lady from www.barksandcatsco.com

I wanted to let you guys know just in case you haven't checked the other thread that this place is going out of business. They are only keeping up their site for the next week. I have a 10% off cupon code that she said my friends are welcome to use .. It's only good until the 18th. The code name is "sale" so put that in the cupon code and you'll receive another 10% off your order. She said that they are getting into an AKC charity thing and revamping their site and since they are so involved in that they have no time to keep this site up so everything must go!

Anyways take care and happy shopping.. :flwr:

Cicero's Mummy
11th January 2007, 07:00 PM
I used the code and it says it is not valid??

arasara
11th January 2007, 07:11 PM
Let me call them and see if I can get it fixed? The lady was very nice but they aren't always the quickest at answering the phone so I'll let you know when she tells me

arasara
11th January 2007, 08:22 PM
OK I spoke to the lady on the phone and she helped me out..

when you pull up the website it will be at "home"

On the bottom left hand side of the screen there is something there that says "Enter Cupon Code"

If you enter "sale" in that box then you can go shopping. For example if you want a camo puppia harness if you click on it it will take you to the screen where you can put 1 in your cart and it will say "a 10% discount for sale will be applied"

Sorry I misunderstood her when I was speaking with her at first.. this way will work though

:flwr: :flwr:

Megan
11th January 2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Sara, I just ordered some stuff for Sophie. The discount worked great. :)

Cicero's Mummy
11th January 2007, 10:14 PM
Okay ... thanks!

Maxxs_Mummy
12th January 2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks Sara,

Ordered my two some new puppias and Kristen has very kindly said to ship them to her and then she'll send them on to me :flwr:

Mic
12th January 2007, 04:31 AM
WARNING!! DANGEROUS SITE! VIRUS INFECTED!

I innocently went to the site just to look, and then the next thing I remember was getting a confirmation email regarding my $116 order. Everything in between was just a blur!

It was that extra 10% that did it, PLUS no shipping or tax! That me right over the edge.

If anyone needs shipping help, let me know. You can have your order shipped to me, and I'll keep it...er...I mean...ship it to you...really...I promise!

Honestly, I'd be happy to help anyone who'd like to order but lives outside of the USA.

Maxxs_Mummy
12th January 2007, 12:08 PM
LMAO MIckey :lol: I was very restrained - especially as I was using hub's credit card icon_whistling I only ordered two Puppia's one each for my boys as the clasp is broken on Maxx's and Charlie hasn't got a Puppia yet.

If I was in US I would have spent a whole lot more but I have to think of the shipping to UK as well :roll:

Claire L
12th January 2007, 03:32 PM
Donna! what size Puppias did you order???

Mic! I'd love if you could get one for me(they're so cheap compared to here) cause I just might have someone to put it on tomorrow icon_whistling

:flwr:

Jackie
12th January 2007, 03:54 PM
Wow...thanks for the link and sale coupon. Candle got a new green puppia and Ally got a new plaid collar/lead and red puppia. :flwr:

arasara
12th January 2007, 04:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mic you are so funnny!!

Thank you guys for offering to ship to the UK - I would do it if it wasn't for the canadian duties (which really get ya :x )

This site is sooo addictive.. watch I'm going to wait long enough making my order that all of my cavalier buddies are going to "unstock" the site.. LOL

what did yall order?

Mic
12th January 2007, 04:17 PM
Clair:

I'll PM you with my address. Place your order and have it shipped to me. I'll let you know when it arrives so we can figure out the best way to ship it to you...if you're serious. I am.

That new little someone needs a "welcome home" gift!

I got two puppia's: green and aqua blue. I already have red and yellow. Then I got two different collars and leads with boats on them 'cause we basically live at the lake in the summer on our houseboat. THEN I got each of them a fun striped collar 'cause...well...like I said, the site's infected and I caught the virus!

Mickey

Kdemars
12th January 2007, 05:26 PM
I got:
- a yellow puppia raincoat
- red rain boots (I almost didn't tell you that one icon_blshing )
- a small football
- thing in a bag (possibly for my sister's kitten if ella doesn't like it)

And whatever Maxxs_Mummy is sending me (I'm kidding!!! ;) )

Gracie's Mommy
12th January 2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for listing this sale and the 10% off! What great deals! I got Gracie her first Puppia...unfortunately, the Pink floral was out of stock in small, so for now, we're going with Mod Pink. She'll graduate to the medium pink floral. Or, depending on my willpower, she'll have a small pink and a small pink floral! ;-) Will post pics when it arrives.

Thanks again!

Maxxs_Mummy
12th January 2007, 10:31 PM
Claire,

I ordered Large for both my guys. I think the large might be a bit big on Charlie but it's OK he won't mind :lol: Maxx is definitely a large!

Kristen,

when my order gets to you it will be addressed to you anyway :lol: It's a bright blue and a red puppias both in large. They'll be too big for your ickle bitty baby :lol:

Gracie's Mommy
17th January 2007, 05:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has received their purchases or a shipping notice yet. I checked my orders tatus and it still says "on order." I e-mailed the company, but haven't heard back yet.

Kdemars
17th January 2007, 05:53 PM
nothing yet - I'll let you all know as soon as I recieve something!

Mic
17th January 2007, 06:24 PM
I was just wondering about that.

I placed my first (pathetic!!) order on Jan. 11 and received two confirmation emails: one confirmed my order was placed, and the other confirmed that my payment was approved and the money was deducted from my account. I haven't heard anything else, but the holiday weekend may add some time to shipping.

arasara
17th January 2007, 07:55 PM
you can call them and ask them what the deal is.. they are kind of hard to get ahold of on the phone but not impossible. ;)

Gracie's Mommy
18th January 2007, 05:01 PM
Just got this reply to my e-mail from earlier this week:

We are shipping many orders out today. I will follow up with you when it is sent!
Barks and Cats

Hopefully Gracie's new pink Puppia will be here very soon!

Maxxs_Mummy
18th January 2007, 05:04 PM
Just to let those of you outside the USA know. I have received an email from them saying they do not accept credit cards from outside the USA & have cancelled my order and recredited my account - any wonder they are going out of business? :roll:

arasara
18th January 2007, 06:43 PM
Donna what did you order from them??

I can try to buy it and you can paypal it back to my account if it's still able to be bought.. I am sure Mic will ship it to you as she has offered to ship to people outside of the US.

Now I just hope mine gets to Mic before I go to pick up the baby! :yikes

Mic
18th January 2007, 07:01 PM
When Claire found out that they don't ship outside the USA, I gave her my addy and told her to have it shipped to me and I'd ship it to her. But when she tried to place the order, they wouldn't accept her credit card for the same reason.

We decided that I'd place and pay for the order and have it shipped to me.
I will ship it to her the cheapest/safest way possible.
Claire will pay me (via paypal, probably) for the order and shipping.

If I can help, let me know.

Mic
19th January 2007, 05:38 PM
Uh oh....I sent an email inquiring about the estimated delivery on my Jan 11 and Jan 12 orders, and this is what came back:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

customerservice@barksandcatsco.com
mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded

------ This is a copy of the message. ------

Subject: Re: Your order from Barks and Cats Co.
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:17:51 -0600
To: customerservice@barksandcatsco.com

I am looking for the shipping status of my three orders:

Order Number Order Date Total Cost Order Status
1117578 1/11/07 $116.84 On Order
1118667 1/12/07 $64.34 On Order
1120013 1/12/07 $13.36 On Order

Has anything been shipped yet? I'm trying to determine when they'll arrive. Thanks.

KingstonsMom
19th January 2007, 05:55 PM
I want to get Kingston the Puppia Vest Hood, but I don't know what size to purchase! It's always hard to decide just by looking at the measurements online.

arasara
19th January 2007, 06:15 PM
Mickey -

I called them on the phone.

All of your orders will be shipped out today. :)

No worries - the lady is really nice she just said to be honest they are absolutely SWAMPED with everything.

Kingston's mom - if kingston wears a medium puppia harness the size of clothing he would wear is most likely XL - that's my experience anyways ;)

nangel519
23rd January 2007, 05:19 PM
Just checking to see if anyone has received anything they ordered yet? I ordered something on the 15th and it still says "On Order" online. I'm moving on Saturday and I was hoping it got to me before then. I emailed them a few days ago, no response. I called them today, but can't get anyone on the line.

Just checking to see if anyone got their orders yet!

Montster
23rd January 2007, 06:12 PM
Has anyone received their order yet? I called but the phone is disconnected and I guess the email isn't working either :x They've already charged my credit card so I really hope my order comes through! Do you know what (if any) recourse there is if they don't follow through with the order?

Thanks!

Mic
23rd January 2007, 06:36 PM
Their website states that all orders should be received in 7-14 days.
I placed orders on the 11th and 12th.
They were packaged and shipped out on the 19th. I
'll start worrying if I don't receive something by the 26th.
If you ordered on the 15th, you should receive it by the 29, per their website.
I'll post when my goodies...and Claire's...and Sara's...start arriving.

nangel519
23rd January 2007, 06:53 PM
I just spoke with someone on the phone from Barks and Cats Co. She said they are packing orders placed on the 14th and 15th today. She said they ship them first class so it usually takes 5 days to get to the customer.

I gave her my new address and told her to ship it there, just incase it takes longer!

Jackie
23rd January 2007, 07:06 PM
It sounds like the lady is honest and the orders will come. To answer the credit card questions..if you don't get the order by the time you receive your cc statement you can dispute the charges. Not getting the mdse is a no brainer and your cc company should take the charge off and charge it back to the merchant.

Kdemars
23rd January 2007, 09:10 PM
My credit card was credited back - I guess that means I'm not getting my stuff :(

Mic
23rd January 2007, 09:19 PM
Yikes...you placed your order on the 12th, like me. I was told mine has already shipped, and my CC hasn't been credited back. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sorry about your order.

Kdemars
23rd January 2007, 09:24 PM
Yikes...you placed your order on the 12th, like me. I was told mine has already shipped, and my CC hasn't been credited back. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sorry about your order.

I know you don't want to hear this but I placed my order on the 9th I just didn't post about it until the 12th. It might just be that what I ordered was sold out fast and they didn't have any left by the time they got to my order. Trying to be "glass half full" for you Mic!! ;)

Mic
23rd January 2007, 09:46 PM
Dang! I was told that they shipped my orders on the 19th, but just double checked with their tracking system and read this:

1117578 1/11/07 $116.80 Shipped on 1/18/07
1118667 1/12/07 $64.34 On Order
1120013 1/12/07 $13.36 On Order
Nothing's been refunded on my credit card. Keeping my fingers crossed...still.

arasara
23rd January 2007, 09:47 PM
be diligent and CALL THE PEOPLE!

They will answer the phone - just keep trying.

I did it and apparently they shipped ours out that day.

:flwr:

Cicero's Mummy
23rd January 2007, 09:49 PM
I ordered stuff from the site about 2 weeks prior to the "big sale" and got all of it in about a 10 day time frame.

Maybe they are having trouble with all the high volume of the sale and the lack of stock??

arasara
23rd January 2007, 09:52 PM
mic ~

she said she just hasn't updated them but she did pull all of ours out of order and ship them on the same day.. she even remembered your name! :yikes

She said you should get everything 5-7 business days after shipping.

She's very nice - her name is Lisa if you guys want to call.

Kdemars
23rd January 2007, 10:29 PM
I tried to call and didn't get anyone so I emailed her (it was a very nice email) I guess you had to have called and talked to someone to still get your order - oh well - at least I got my money back.

arasara
23rd January 2007, 11:41 PM
kdemars - i've been working with the people

If she doesn't respond can you give me your order number and I'll call her until I get through and check what's up with it? At least that way you'll know.

Kdemars
24th January 2007, 03:22 PM
you really don't have to so all that - I really appreciate all the time you have already put into this! I am afraid now that she has hurt herself as my card has been credited twice - once for my order ($71.46) and another time for ($32.99) I'll sure as heck take the money but that is a lot of money. I hope I didn't get refunded for someone else's order. I have emailed her as to the situation - I hope she reads mine.

My order # is: 1111402

Gracie's Mommy
28th January 2007, 12:11 AM
Ok...just wondering if anyone has received their orders yet. I sent another e-mail but haven't heard back. Yes, I know that I could call, but no one seems to be having too much luck with that either. I will try that starting Monday.

I'm totally bummed as I was really hoping to have Gracie's new Puppia by the Cavalier get together in the Twin Cities next weekend...that's seem less and less likely! :roll: :sl*p:

Mic
28th January 2007, 04:17 AM
I just got a HUGE box from them containing my order, Sara's order and Claire's order. Claire's and Sara's orders are complete, but I'm missing a collar and leash set for Abby. Unfortunately, it matches a different collar and leash set I purchased for Cappy from them, so if they can't get Abby's to me, I don't want the other one either. Everything else is adorable.

Also, my confirmation email states all items are "non-taxable," yet I noticed that on the shipping invoice, tax was charged. My confirmation email listed credit card approval for one amount, but the invoice lists a different amount. I sent an email, but it bounced back. I tried calling, but only could leave a message during the weekend. I sent another message to them via their website. I'm sure I'll reach someone on Monday.

So, check your invoices and credit card charges carefully.

Gracie's Mommy
28th January 2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the update, Mic. Good to know that someone has gotten their order...even if it has some issues. :roll: I notice that the company is in Indiana...you'd think items would arrive in MN about the same time as AR. IN sort of seems like a middle point between the two. Oh well, hopefully ours will arrive on Monday as it was not here today. :(

Montster
30th January 2007, 04:18 AM
yay! monty's new puppia arrived today :jump:

Gracie's Mommy
30th January 2007, 04:32 AM
Gracie's perfect pink Puppia came today, too! WooHoo! Pics coming soon! :jmp2:

Kodee
30th January 2007, 05:52 PM
Gracie's perfect pink Puppia came today, too! WooHoo! Pics coming soon! :jmp2:

ahhhh did you get that small I wanted but my credit card was in the car. By the time I decided to go get it, all the smalls were gone :cry*ing: Oh well I did order one and it should be here soon, I just had to pay about $10 more :yikes

Gracie's Mommy
31st January 2007, 02:40 AM
Oh, Kodee, that was probably me! I couldn't make up my mind what to buy in what size/color...I kept checking back because I was so worried that it would sell out!

Glad you still got your pretty pink one, too! Gracie looks so cute in hers...I'm positive Kodee does, too! And I feel So much better with her on the leash now! :flwr: [/quote]

Kodee
31st January 2007, 03:12 AM
Oh, Kodee, that was probably me! I couldn't make up my mind what to buy in what size/color...I kept checking back because I was so worried that it would sell out!

Glad you still got your pretty pink one, too! Gracie looks so cute in hers...I'm positive Kodee does, too! And I feel So much better with her on the leash now! :flwr: [/quote]

Mine isnt here yet but should be in days. I didnt think I'd need it quite yet, but after the devil took over her tonight, I sure do. She is in the kitchen but we let her wander down the hall. MY SWEET little gentle soul got on the rugs in the living/dining and started racing about like lightening. Round and round, she looked cute in a possessed sort to way :yikes Guess no more potty breaks being dumped on the lawn anymore for her!

Gracie's Mommy
31st January 2007, 03:25 AM
Isn't it funny how they can go from little angels to little devils in the blink of an eye! :yikes

Nancy
31st January 2007, 03:28 PM
I ordered a few things and just received an email from her that she cannot fulfill the order and will credit my card so if you haven't received by now, you may get the same email :roll:

Molly's mom
31st January 2007, 09:16 PM
Nancy,

did the website show your order shipped? Or did you just get a cancellation email? The website shows my puppia was shipped last week, but I haven't received it yet. I am in Pennsylvania.

Nancy
31st January 2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't check and not sure how to but she did charge me

babyC
1st February 2007, 09:45 AM
i havenot got mine too ! two cute parkas.. dying to get them.. has been saying "shipped" for a week.. no news.. :( CC charged already.

Jackie
1st February 2007, 01:20 PM
Nothin here either :( Shows shipped but I'm starting to give up hope of receiving the goods. I'll give it until Fri to request a credit. I really don't want to go through the hassle of disputing a charge. Such a pain :bang:

Megan
1st February 2007, 06:04 PM
My order arrived today, with everything I had purchased. I didn't even have to pay duties it was marked as a gift!! :D

babyC
1st February 2007, 07:19 PM
Really ?? in Vancouver they do! so unfair! we have to pay 13% PLUS some 14% or so if it's not made in North America.. ( they check the "made in bla" ) :x

Nancy
1st February 2007, 07:24 PM
I went on her website and she's no longer working off it, said she's opening a new store. I have to say, I'm not impressed although I can't even remember what i ordered so I must not have needed it :p

Mic
1st February 2007, 07:51 PM
I just got a call from Barks and Cats. She apologized and explained that their auto response emailer isn't working properly. ANYWAY, she can't get me one of my collar and leash sets, so she's crediting my account. Also, since that collar and leash coordinates with another one that I ordered and received, I can send it back and she'll credit my account for it, plus shipping.

No tax was charged. That should have been manually over-ridden as the invoices were being printed out. No harm, no foul.

They're as confused as I am about the confirmation email that I received for an order placed on 1/23, since I didn't place an order that day. But as long as I'm not charged for it, I'll lay low. Now, if I receive it, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Molly's mom
7th February 2007, 05:37 PM
My order supposedly shipped two weeks ago. I emailed Barks and Cats last week and they said that if I didn't receive my order by today 2.07 to let them know and they would credit my account. Well, I emailed them and there has been no response and I see the website it totally shut down.

How long do you think I should wait or not to hear from then before I file a dispute with my CC company?

arasara
7th February 2007, 06:18 PM
Molly's Mom -

Do you have the number to get ahold of them directly on your invoice?? I have heard that they suck about answering emails. I would maybe give it till Friday and then call the CC company if you can't reach them.

I think they also had a link to their "sister site" which was pet sale ave - let me see if I can find their number - maybe they can get in touch with the site's owners

Mic
7th February 2007, 07:28 PM
I was missing a collar and leash set from my order and had called and emailed several times. Finally I left a message that if I didn't hear from them with in 24 hours I would have no choice but to dispute the charges on my credit card. I said that although it probably was just an oversight on their part, the fact that they hadn't responded to any of my inquires left me with no other options. They called that day. Very nice, apologetic and accommodating.

Cheryl V
8th February 2007, 02:59 AM
Try emailing them at barksandcatscustomerservice@gmail.com. I've been emailing them back and forth all day. If they don't respond, I'd definately contact your cc'd company, don't wait.

Molly's mom
13th February 2007, 04:03 PM
Sadly I had to file a dispute with my credit card company. They did email me and said they would do a credit back to my account but they never did. :x

arasara
13th February 2007, 04:59 PM
ahh that sucks molly ~ I am sorry. :(

I feel awful for posting that link.. :(

I am sorry this turned out to be such a PITA for you. ;(

babyC
16th February 2007, 11:10 AM
got mine after waiting for 2 months !! :S but love them, although hopey, the pom, looks weird with her raincoat.. :lol: pics soon!