PDA

View Full Version : What do you call your dog most of the time.........

merlinsmum
12th January 2007, 01:06 PM
Merlin is most known to me and family as:
Mergits, Merly Whirls and Mr Tops - and he comes to all of them!

Oakley is generally called Okey Pokey or Fat boy - he doesn't come to fat boy but then again would you? :badgrin: :lol: :badgrin: :lol: :badgrin:

Thats how we chose the names for both of our boys based on the fact that you could make it rrhyme with something. The name Fat boy came about because Oakley is a mini Augustus Gloop! :lol:

Edited to add:

The two together are commonly known as the rat bags!

*Pauline*
12th January 2007, 01:14 PM
Dylan is sometimes called King by my son. I call him Smooth Dog is a silly voice, when I'm feeling silly :roll: Antonia calls him annoying! :? I sometimes call him Dilly. I was told by a trainer to stick to one name so I do usually.

yvonne
12th January 2007, 01:21 PM
I call Holly - Holly Polly.
Y

Cicero's Mummy
12th January 2007, 01:26 PM
Cicero isn't even home yet and my family has come up with nicknames for him. My little sister gave him a middle name... so his "full name" I guess would be Cicero Alexander Mathis

Hubby- 'der or CAM
Me- Ci'Al or Cici or CC'roe
My Mom- Spoiled Brat
Brother In Law- Terror (since he poses anything but)

Buster
12th January 2007, 01:34 PM
Zola generally gets called Button, or Zola Button or Zola Button Girl. In fact, Zola is generally only used when she's in trouble!

moniechris
12th January 2007, 01:48 PM
Cody is Cody-bear, Cody-licious (I sing the Fergie song to him and do a goofy dance, he loves it! My hubby thinks I'm nuts) icon_whistling

Wesley's name is so sing songy anyhow that we just say it in different tones. He wallows in our faces when we say it deeply. He wimpers with joy and puts his face over our mouth :lol:

Stewie is boo boo, boo boo bear, Stewie Magooie, Stewart, Stewart Little when he is in trouble, little sh*! is what my father in law calls him (he is a shih tzu, get it?!) Stewie takes offense when you talk to him in a baby voice (literally, he growls). He has napolean syndrom :roll:

BarbMazz
12th January 2007, 01:57 PM
Bentley is Bentley-boo, Boominator, Bent, Boo-man

Clancy is Clancy-Pants, Pantsy, Fancy Clancy

Ozzy is Schmozzy, Oz-Man, Big Guy, Little Man, Baby Man

Maggie is Maggie-Waggie, Curly-girly, Magster, Mag-It

cavalier mad woman
12th January 2007, 02:01 PM
i call my doggies pumpkins they all come to me when i call that, but the main nicknames are mollie is mollieanna jessie is jessiebessie carrie is carrieanne and buster is buster biscuit(because he just loves a biscuit)

Lindsay
12th January 2007, 02:06 PM
Spencer is Boogie or Boogie Man (because he is SUCH a little booger!) :lol:

Izzy is Izzy Bell or Ma Nittle (we called her 'My little girl', but it has evolved into Ma Nittle)

Tilly is of course Tilly Willy (of course!) and BabyGirl (said really fast)

Howie is Howie Meowee :winkct:

Barbara Nixon
12th January 2007, 02:44 PM
Dozens of different names.

Monty-Mont, Mons, Monders, Montypont, Montgomery, Big-Dog

Izzy- Izzywhizz, Izzles, Linty, Lintylastic, Lastic, Izzy-Was, Was-Dog, Izzlet

Joly-Jogers, Joles, Joly-Mo, Mogley, Joey, Jogy-Pogy, Jodles, Jogo-Pogo

Teddy-Teddy-Edward, Tonka, Thug, Tank-Engine, Teddy-Tank, Teddy-Tonka, Teds

Chelle
12th January 2007, 02:45 PM
Bella is going to go through life thinking her name is Schnoobers.

Don't ask.. I've no idea! :lol:

emmawright
12th January 2007, 02:46 PM
daisy doo (by my dad), daisy may (by my nan) and baba by me! i know thats a bit of a silly one though!

coconut
12th January 2007, 02:50 PM
my lil baby or rocky when he is in a fighting mood and he thinks that he can eat me!

duncans_ma
12th January 2007, 03:08 PM
Oh my gosh - no wonder my poor dogs are so confused

Duncan
Dunc, Dunc-a-potamus, potamus, pomatus (we went through a what other animal would i be phase), angel baby, sweet pea, little man - there are so many others

Arthur
Arter, arter farter (he was sick, remember), arty, alligator, devil child, little rat, littler man

Fraggle
12th January 2007, 03:30 PM
Bella is commonly known as Boo or Stinker-Belle :D

Kdemars
12th January 2007, 04:33 PM
I call Ella: mostly "L" but sometimes "baby-girl" and "stink-butt" (wow-that is really not nice)
Dad calls her: "Little bit"
My aunt calls her: the cuttest little thing she's ever seen
My sister calls her: smelly

She really does't smell - I don't know where that came from

Zippy
12th January 2007, 06:02 PM
Mary Alice is now known as Houdini!!!!

Today, she escaped from her seat belt harness......yep, it lasted 4 days.

She was alone for about 3 minutes...when I came out of the store, she was sitting in the drivers' seat, smiling and wagging like mad!!! :shock:

Her leash, harness and seat belt were still attached in the back seat!! :sl*p:

Houdini is one of the smartest doggies on the planet.....and she's mine!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LauraD
I call Riley by his name when i really need his attention or during any training. But while cooing at him various times a day, I call him bunches of other names including: Boo-Boo, My boy, Snookers, Stinker-butt (when he's being naughty) Moo-ma, Rilers, little dog, Animal, etc.
The list goes on, really it's pretty ridiculous...ah what love will do to you. icon_blshing

Zippy
:oops:

Joanne M
12th January 2007, 06:08 PM
I won't tell you what the kids next door were rhyming with his name .... Tucker the .... you get the drift lol They're so young I don't even know if they realized what the were saying.

Cicero's Mummy
12th January 2007, 06:25 PM
I won't tell you what the kids next door were rhyming with his name .... Tucker the .... you get the drift lol They're so young I don't even know if they realized what the were saying.

Lol, kids can be such snots. :sl*p: :yikes

waveyskies
12th January 2007, 06:30 PM
Teiglin is Teig, Teigelly Weig or just lil buddy! My lucky cat Jordy gets the nickname Bug... :lol:

WillowsMom
12th January 2007, 06:45 PM
Willow is baby girl or Wiggles - because when she's happy, her whole body wiggles when her tail wags!

Krista

My Wesley
12th January 2007, 07:13 PM
Wesley get's his name most of the time. But other than that I call him Pupster or Puppia. My DH has another name for it but I can't think of it right now.

Julie J
12th January 2007, 08:40 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who calls my dogs silly names!

Jack is Jack Attack or little one (since our other dog is a golden).
Blue is pretty girl or puppy love.

They both come to either of their nicknames and will even come if I just call out "Puppies!!".

BIZA
12th January 2007, 09:13 PM
Pip is Pipster / wippy wipster/pipesterl cos he might become endangered
Jasmine is just Jazz
Emily is emmy noo noo or ems
Misty is Misty moo or moo moo
Havoc is Hazzy as Pip thinks she should have been Hazard as shes a hazard to his health and several unprintable names as shes only 16weeks an so very bad
The leonberger is Indy or windy Indy for obvious reasons
Ollie the collie is known "as the dog thats far too naughty to be rehomed"as someone once said that and i was too scared to say that he didnt need a home
The others dont really have knick names
Dont think ive forgotten anyoneexcept Holly (now at the bridge) was known as Pigs by everyone as she was a little piglet typical cav though

Huguette
12th January 2007, 10:23 PM
I called Ulysse : " bébé Ulysse", Lulu, trésor, bébé d'amour"... and he answers... !

misty
12th January 2007, 11:13 PM
I love this thread :)

Cailean Cailey-Woodle, Woo Woo, Woodles, Cailey-Wailey,
Cailey-Wailey-Woo-Woo-Woo

Bradley Brad, Bradders, Grumpy Trousers, Braddle The Doggle

Kevin Kevy Dog The Heavy Dog, Kev Cav, Kevy

Cassie (foster springer), Cass, Springie

selina
12th January 2007, 11:19 PM
Where do I start.
Jeremy- Jj, Sweetie, babyboy,Rodney( my friend reackons hel ooks like one).
Faith- Fartypants, Faithing, Firf,and Piiiiiiigggg doooooog ( she snores).
Maisy- Maisymoo, beautiful baby( they all get that and sung to them too),
Maisymoos and Mosymonts.
Sophie- Sophiemelophie and the Queen and pretty girl.
Rosie- Ratbag
They all have their own little songs as well but Im not typing all that down it would take 10pages i reackon. :lol:

RileysMom
13th January 2007, 01:13 AM
I love this thread!!!

Riley - Riley Beaverton or Riley Smackaroni

Fletcher - Fletcher McNibbles or Mr. Nibbles (He likes to nibble)

Sasha (my cat) - Sausy, Suasage, Princess P, Princess Petunia Picklebottom

But I call all of them tootie or P and I can't explain why!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngieB
13th January 2007, 01:24 AM
It's so funny to read all of these nicknames! Y'all are very creative! My two are called:

Katie Sue, Lil' Kate
Lexi Lou, Leximillion (not sure where that came from)

I call them both "my love" or "sweet pea". 8)

Cathy T
13th January 2007, 01:43 AM
Shelby is pumpkin doodle pumpkin pie. Jake is .... well, I don't think I can put the words in a public forum :lol: No, just kidding, well sometimes not....when he's not being a pain in the patootie (stop tapping my leg Jake, I'm typing!) he's Jakey Bubba Roo!

Coco's mom
13th January 2007, 01:49 AM
We have so many names for Coco... (My dad started it all)

Miss Coco, Cokie, Cokester, Cokes, Cokesie, Cookie,
Spoiled, Princess, Coco Beans, Coco Butter, Coco Chanel (her real name), Honey, Cutie, Sweetie, Pretty, Sillyhead...

I love reading everyone's nicknames for their pups! :)

lorin
13th January 2007, 02:13 AM
Isabella- Izzy, Waggy, Isabellius, Bubba, Wagginess, Miss-Wag-A-Lot

Abigal- Abby, Wabbygail, Wabby, Wabs,

Crittercall
13th January 2007, 02:45 AM
8) We are foolish about our critters, aren't we? And all in the same boat.

The breeder wanted to register the litter Wallis is from with all "W" names - I realize that I didn't have to actually call her that but it's a bit uncommon to name a female Wallis so I did. She's often called WallisWallis (in a sing song) or Wallis Ann.

Tibby came from the vet clinic with her little papers and where the line said "Name" someone had written "TBA". Which turned quickly from TB to Tibby or TibbyToe.

I had to name Sasha (my shihtzu) without seeing her first; my daughter picked her out for me, I mailed a check, then she lived with Erin until I could get to KY. She's Sashroon, Sashy-Washy or some of the names that shihtzus get called because of what they are!

John Robert is sometimes reversed to Robert John, and they call him JR at the vet clinic.

Moji (the Senegal parrot) started out as Mojo but it changed somehow.

Henry and Pip don't have nicknames - aren't they pitiful?

I'm forever singing to my group, making rhymes with their names depending on who I'm talking to. Henry likes to yell "Hello!" so I get started singing The Beatles "Hello, Hello" to him.

I nicknamed my husband Bubba shortly after I got him, call Erin "rin (or Blossom or Joyce) most of the time, g'daughter Zoe (pronounced Zoey) is shortened to Zo. The other g'daughter is Avery and I fussed because my daughter had found a name I couldn't find a nickname for!

I don't think I want to know what they call me!

Bruce H
13th January 2007, 11:47 AM
I don't really have too many pet names for our dogs. A few are Pix for Pixxie, Coop for Cooper, and Red Dog for any of our rubbies.

When Cooper was small, he had this annoying habit of going outside and pooping (we knew he did, we would watch him), then come inside and within 5 minutes he would poop again. We eventually learned to leave him out a while after the first poop. For a long time we called him "Two Poop Coop".

molly+charlies mum
13th January 2007, 01:53 PM
i call molly,molly moo and charlie,charlie boy or char char they both come to them :D

Crittercall
13th January 2007, 08:17 PM
Bruce - I love "Two Poop Coop" - that's priceless!

When Tibby goes out to poop we've decided she's like a combination lock. Turn "x" number of times to the left (as many as 15), "x" number to the right, "x" number back to the left then she's okay to go.

My Wesley
13th January 2007, 09:16 PM
I remember now! I posted earlier that I couldn't think of what my DH calls him. And he just said it earlier.

Dippy Doo!

Nisha
14th January 2007, 04:41 AM
mine are

Monty - monty, Mr Evil, Mozz, Mozza, Cheekster, Monty-babe, monster

Milo - milo, milezimus, milezy, milopolous, milez, Mr Licky

Alison_Leighfield
14th January 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't really have too many pet names for our dogs.

Same here Bruce....it's enough to remember the four names already and then to get them with right dog!!! :?

If we went into "fun" names as well we would be there all day! :lol:

Also many years of obedience work has "taught me" to keep it plain and simple, I guess it's hard to change a habit of a lifetime. :sl*p:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
14th January 2007, 04:58 PM
What about whitney woo woos then? And Crazy Daisy???? :lol:

In our house, Maxx is Maxxymoos or Moos & Charlie is Charlie Warley Woos. They also get called Pumpkin, Sweetpea and Mamma's baby or Mamma's boy. If I want both of them I just say 'Babies' and they both come running :lol:

Funny thing earlier. I was in the kitchen with my youngest and I was teasing him saying 'Oooh you're Mamma's boy and Mamma loves yooooou'. Suddenly, both furbabies came from nowhere and just stood glaring at me as if to say 'No mamma, we're your boys, not him ' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hubby just calls them both 'Bad dog' (he is joking) but they still adore him :roll:

My eldest calls Charlie 'stinky' because he gets very smelly with his allergies & Maxx is 'Maffew' - this is because he gets tiny little matts in his ears most days and Maffew is how my great nephew Matthew used to say his name when he was a toddler :roll:

blue_star
14th January 2007, 07:09 PM
Toby - Tobes, Baby, Toblerone, Bits, Sweetie, Pooch, Poochie, Posh Poochie
Taffy - TaffTaff, The Taffster, Poochie, Raff, Raffy Roo Roo's
Archie - Arch, Archie Parchie, Arf-arf, Stinky Pooch.
The last one is only used when he has been rolling in horses muck and gets brought straight into the office without a wash!! :yuk: :yuk:

cooper&fergus
15th January 2007, 01:04 AM
Fergus is - Fergie, The Ferg, Fergie Werg, Fegie Derg, Fergulicious, Little man

Cooper is - Coop, Coopy,Coops, Cooper Doop, Super Dooper Cooper Man, Cooperiddy, Little man

Oh and they are our 2 little rappers ; Coop - Diddy and Fergy Cent

And they are both called any combinations of gorgeous, beautiful etc etc

Our 2 year old nephew who's just learning to talk calls Cooper - "Pooper" - it's so cute. He can't say Fergus yet so Fergus is just called "Doggie"

babyC
15th January 2007, 01:14 AM
Shelby is pumpkin doodle pumpkin pie. Jake is .... well, I don't think I can put the words in a public forum :lol: No, just kidding, well sometimes not....when he's not being a pain in the patootie (stop tapping my leg Jake, I'm typing!) he's Jakey Bubba Roo!

that's funny, i call them pumpkin doodle, pumpkin pie too .. ! :lol: well i call them piki wiki, ( okay, i dont even know where this come from or why.. :P ) it's so funny how they know this is their "pack" name, both of them will come! :roll: but if i call cherrise, baby girl.. or hope, hopey, only 1 will of them will come.. sometimes call them beenie weenie.. munchkin. gosh the list goes on and on, and the weirdest thing is they know that is their name!

Cavalier_attitude
15th January 2007, 07:13 AM
We have about a hundred different names for Indy but one of my favorites is Poo Poo Lips. My little one has a brown freckle by her lip so I have always (with utter affection) teasingly called her that and my 17 year old niece has given her approval as well! :)

Cavalier_attitude
15th January 2007, 07:18 AM
and another front runner is "Lippy". She has a thing she does where she will tuck her lip up (on either side) and it looks like she is getting a little attitude with you or something. My family has seen this and absolutely died laughing it's so cute. So we have called her that. Also, since her name is Indiana we have a tendency to call her anything ending in "ana" ie: Poopieana, Lippyana, etc.

Baileyboy
15th January 2007, 02:28 PM
My Nephew who is one calls Bailey..... Lailey, sit or just dog ! Its quiet funny when Bailey is in the garden and Sam is calling sit.

Laura&Lia
15th January 2007, 02:33 PM
LOL

I call Lia "Gordi" (that is a short name for "gordita", that means "fatty")
Although she is not fat.

Princess Annabel
17th February 2007, 07:36 PM
This thread is soooo funny!!! :lol:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a whole bunch of names for their dog.

Ok, here goes (bear in mind we got her when I was 12 so alot of these were from back then)

Annabel (pet name), Annie, Bella, Princess Ann, Mrs. Barker, Vivaine (from her pedigree name), Annaviv, Dogga (like the toy dog in the book "Dogger" by Shirley Hughes), Belladogga, Beautybel, Annasmell (ha ha ha), Nozzle-face (I used to call dogs muzzles "nozzles" when I was a kid), Annjana, Nozjana, Little girl dog.

I'm sure there are loads more, my mum used to always tell me to stop calling her all sorts of names or else she will be confused, but as long as I said it in the same tone of voice she always knew I was talking to her.

Bianca

Friday's Mommy
17th February 2007, 10:36 PM
We call Friday....Stinky or Stinky Doo. She's such a little stinker and so mischievous. It's like having a little 2 years old who's always looking to see what she can get into.

What's weird is she answers to both ..Friday and Stinky.

Cathy Moon
17th February 2007, 11:14 PM
:lol: I call Geordie 'The Geord-meister', Chocolate 'Chockies' and India is 'Stinker-doodle'! :lol:

Colin calls Geordie 'the Ginger Ditz' and as a group they are referred to as 'the Woofer-Sniffers'! :lol:

KimNIndy
17th February 2007, 11:23 PM
oh lord we have tons of names for indy that range from typical doggie names to embarassing! i love this topic as i know longer feel alone :lol:

indy....indy jones, indy-poo, mr. jones, jones (when DH is cross with him), indus--or 'young indus' if we are making fun of something silly he's done i.e. look what young indus has done with the paper towel roll.....

hmmmm ridicurous (when he's been ridiculous), misters
mr. mistersons and wonderous wonderson---don't ask :roll:

mr. stinkus when he is smelly.

tons more that change weekly....and yes he does answer to all of them :lol:

Scouty girl
20th February 2007, 04:40 PM
For some reason when I look at Scout the nickname of 'Doodle-bug' comes into mind, so that's her nickname, and she answers to it as well.

Denise G.
20th February 2007, 06:39 PM
Mia Bella - Mia-Bia, Mi-Mi, Baby girl, Mama Mia! (when she's in trouble)

Wrigley - Wrig-Man, Wrigs, Baby boy, Boo-boo, Dang-it Wrigley! (when he's in trouble)

Gracesbigsis
20th February 2007, 09:09 PM
Grace is Gracie, Gracie-Face, Baby Girl, Baby, Sweet Baby, Lil Girl, Baby-Face, Puppy-Face, Sweetie, Lady Grace or Lady Gracie, Gracie-Baby, Amazing Grace, Gracie-Girl, Cutie, Little Sister, Baby Sister, and My Favorite Baby Sister. She's called "Baby" a lot cause she's the youngest member of the family, including the guinea pigs cause we got them half a month before she was born! We also call her "fillintheblank Face" cause he love her little face.

Harry & Heidi's mom
20th February 2007, 09:26 PM
Harry gets Harry the hoover, and his breeder calls him the wizard as he's named after harry potter.

enchantingdragon
20th February 2007, 11:32 PM
Ellie is Ellie Belli and Belli Boop (my husband came up with that one :lol: )

Davy
21st February 2007, 01:41 AM
well Siân is her proper name but everyone calls her SiânE 8)

she is also know as 'my little Angel' because she is my little Angel at a time a needed one *ng*l

'Poppet' cause it just a cute name

'Beyonce' cause she does this weird thing against the sofa with her bum which is like Beyonce dancing :shock:

And 'Flower' after the film bambi, cause she is black and white and likes to smell the flowers :? which cause the shout of ' Oh Flower get a move on' because she is always smelling all the flowers

huesiemama
21st February 2007, 03:36 AM
Ariel is Aer, Stinky-Rina or Puppy-Rina! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Wesley
21st February 2007, 04:04 AM
Ok, Dippy Doo has now graduated to Wes Wee! LOL! Seems DH has not said Dippy Doo in a while. He must be growing on him!

aleethomas
21st February 2007, 07:09 PM
I've started calling Padden, Paddy Cakes. She'll look at me no matter what I call her!

emmawright
21st February 2007, 08:22 PM
we also call daisy sweet potato, munchy, munchkin, moocher... all kinds of funny names!

Claire L
22nd February 2007, 11:18 AM
I call mine SPANNER as in "what are ye doin' ye spanner?" :lol: :lol:

But! when no one is looking I sing to my babies..... icon_whistling :lotsaluv:

Kimmisue
22nd February 2007, 01:15 PM
This is a cute post....

Reggie is Tigger becuase he hops everywhere

Honey is wiggle butt

Missy our new baby is half pint... :D :D

goldcountryrose
23rd February 2007, 10:02 AM
Darn, I must be really boring.

I call Toby, Toby.

When I am calling him and he doesn't come, I yell "Tobias" and he comes right away. In extreme cases, I yell "Tobias of Cedars" get over here.

The only other thing I call him is when he is in my lab, then he is Mommy's Baby Boy.

Right now, that sweet baby is lying by my side, doing his Cavalier snore.
These dogs are so amazing.

mishmosh
23rd February 2007, 03:03 PM
My dog thinks his name is 'no'

Mabel's Mom
23rd February 2007, 10:47 PM
Mabel is Mabelicious, Mabel Zabel, my little muffin.

WillowsMom
23rd February 2007, 11:11 PM

:rotfl:
Ok, this made me totally laugh out loud - I think many of us can all relate!!

Molly's mom
24th February 2007, 04:11 AM
:jmp2:
Thank you for putting a smile on my face :)

Molly's AKC registered name is (don't laugh):
Her Royal Highness Molly of the house of Leighton

I call her all kinds of silly names:
Mills, Milly, Mims, Mollymo, Millymo, Mollski, Millski.

My husband just calls her "the puppy" (even though she's almost 2)

Caraline
24th February 2007, 10:30 AM

:lol: That is so funny.

Scarlett gets called stinker, ferral face, crazy Scarlett, rattle snake, rattler, monstress
Sam gets Sammie-wammie, squirmy-wormy, Sam the Man, fradie-cat, hero, Mr Beautiful
Sonny gets Sunnie-bunnie, His Royal Highness
Beau, who has only been with us 2 days has already earned the name fiend

Then the group names are any of all of the above but in plural.
:lpy:

cavvycrazy
24th February 2007, 12:15 PM
[sometimes I call call chalie HAIRY BEARY as he looks like a cute teddy and is so hairy :lol: He responds to both names Duke is often referred to as DUKEY WOOKY OR GINGE he will come to both names also but saying that Duke will appear at my side even wheh im calling for charlie, I think he is scared of missing somthing :yikes that mainly being food