• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan isn't quite the fulff ball he used to be!

*Pauline*

I wasn't expecting Dylan to get his adult coat quite so soon, especially as some of his light marking near his bum still need to darken. It seems to have gradually darkened and smoothed from the spine downwards, anyone else noticed this? His underneath and legs still have puppy fur.

I had hoped for a long haired beauty like his dad but this is easier to look after, we'll see what happens.

They grow so quick. What age will he be fully grown? :flwr:
355087454_8590d2ce8f.jpg

Not that I would change anything on Tucker, but if his hair weren't so thick it sure would be lots easier to take care of. Dylan looks wonderful. It's amazing how he's growing.

That probably isn't his adult coat -- too young I think going by the pic :). Their hair starts to grow out but then they typically 'blow' (lose) the coat around age 1 and the really fine hair gets replaced by shinier, thicker coat. Boys will have most of their height and weight by one but keep filling out, even up to age 2-2.5.

How many weeks old is Dylan now, Pauline? Tilly is 12 weeks tomorrow and her hair is still wild! It looks like she stuck her little tail in a electrical outlet! :yikes

Oh Dear Goodness Pauline

Dylan is gorgeous, he is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see another photo. He has changed so much, he most likely will not get his adult coat until between 1 to 2 years old.

Darby's feathering is coming in now much thicker than before.
Funny how fast they change and how quick they grow.
:D :D :D :D :D

Aaahhh, he's so cute! What a looker!

Daisy is now 8 1/2 months old and she is starting to get some pretty significant feathers and slippers now. I can't wait to see her full coat! I sure hope she is full grown because I'd guess her at about 17 1/2 pounds now! Yikes! :shock: I was hoping for a Cavalier on the small end -- so much for that. Daisy seems very long in the body to me. I haven't been around that many Cavs, so she might be in the normal range, though. She's got a defined waist and you can feel her ribs, so I don't think she's at all overweight. I just hope she stops growing now. Her parents were both right around 16 pounds, so I was hoping for that as a max. Oh well -- we love her and think she is gorgeous, of course.

As far as hair -- she's been shedding so much lately that I'm surprised she has any left. You can actually see her freckles through her white hair now on her back because her hair is so thin and silky. I've been brushing her for a long time every night (she loves it -- I take out the brush and she comes running and when I stop, she pushes herself against the brush), so I'm hoping the worst shedding is behind us. She just doesn't seem to have that much left to lose -- especially considering it's winter time!

Dylan is so cute!!

With Lia happened the same. She was very fluffy an in three weeks, her hair looked very short. Now is growing up again! :flwr:

Dylan is just beutiful. Jeremy is 7 months old and he has just started shedding.He went smooth within 2 weeks of having him and now you can see he is shedding his puppy coat and his adult coat is growing all thick and silky. Did you know if you get them desexed their coats actually grow in thicker and longer? Thats always been my experience anyway.

Tucker was neutered at 6.5 months, and he sure has long, thick hair.

Selina you have a very creative avatar, it's cool.

Dylan is 18 weeks today. Wow, have I only had him for 5 weeks. He's come so far. I feel very proud of the house training considering time. :D

With regards to caot, it does seem to have started, a fluke perhaps. He has a lovely shiny, smooth, thick, short coat where there used to be less shiny long fluff.

The ears are still very fine hair and not very shiny. I don't think I'm going to get curls on his ears though. I was really hoping for them.

How are Daisy's eye's now?

He certainly looks like he's reaching that awkward gangly stage. His legs are long! His feathering looks like it is coming in nicely. In a few weeks/months, you'll look back at this photo and realize you have a dog that looks nothing like it!

Pauline...he is too cute for words!! My two have very different coats. Jake has lots of hair but it's not thick like Shelby's. Shelby's coat is shorter than Jake's but very very dense. Also the texture is different on both of them. When they were puppies people would pet them and always so, so surprised "wow, they are really soft". They are still soft but not baby fine silky like they used to be.

Pauline,

He's coming on beautifully & looks such a little charmer as well - not that he has to work hard to charm you, I'll bet :lol:

I found Dylan's breeder's homepage yesterday and was looking at her dogs, it's no wonder Dylan is so very handsome, she has some real stunners amongst them all :lotsaluv: No wonder they are so much in demand and do so well in the ring :flwr:

lmallicoat said:
How many weeks old is Dylan now, Pauline? Tilly is 12 weeks tomorrow and her hair is still wild! It looks like she stuck her little tail in a electrical outlet! :yikes

:lol: :lol: Lindsay! :lol: :lol: Charlie looks like this most of the time and he is almost 3 :lol:

merlinsmum said:
Wow.... hasn't he grown. He is just too gorgeous, if you get sick of him pop him in the post to me :D

S'cuse me Kirsty! I put in first dibs a few weeks ago - you'll have to get behind me in the queue - or give me Merlin and then I might let you swap places in the queue - not that I think for one minute that Pauline is going to let Dylan out of her sight :lol:

You'll probably find that his red areas get larger as he gets older. I don't think Joly matured fully until a few months ago (he's three). Well that's when I noticed.

I used to think they were fully mature around a year, but was talking to the lady who's showing Teddy's brother. We were discussing how well he was doing (he now has 2 ccs) and she said he had lots of fans, but give him another 18 months (he was about a year then).

I bet Dylan is going to have a gorgeous coat when he's fully grown. And that face! :luv:

Even at 5.5 mths, Bella is a little nudie. She has some tufts on the backs of her legs and a bit of ear growth, but she has some filling in to do :D

Wow Pauline hasn't he grown! what a little stunner he is too :lotsaluv:

looks like I'm third in line for when you get fed up with him then :lol:

Back