• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eye Query!

The white of Bailys one eye is a very light brown colour and was wondering if this is common?

His sight seems ok and the vet has given them an examination when he was younger and confimed this was not a problem.

Was wondering if any of you experianced CKCS owners have come across this before and if it will cause any complications later in life.

Thanks in advance.

Hiya,

Maxx has brown covering the white of one of his eyes but it's as the cause of a trauma when he was a puppy (he almost lost an eye to a cat :( ). It hasn't caused him any problems at all. If your Vet has OK'd it and says there's nothing wrong I think I'd stop worrying about it :flwr:

Do you mean the actual 'white' of the eye or the third eyelid which is on the inner side of each eye ? If the latter, it is having these brown which gives the large limpid cavalier eye, which is much desired. Three of mine have white third lids and Izzy has one brown and onw white.

My Rocky and Shane have the same, no white but med brown, gives the eyes that appealing look of the cav.

That is the eye colouration they are ideally supposed to have -- the white is a brownish colour. It is, as Barbara says, what makes them look like they have larger irises and larger eyes than they actually have. Only Lily of my three has this pigmentation. My mom's cavalier, Lucy, has it too.

Glad to hear its not a problem (y)

Thank you all for the info and links.. They where a great help..

I am so glad Ive found you all on this forum :w*w:

like barbara says the part of the eye that we humans have as white should be brown on a cavalier ......infact when a dog shows the white of an eye some show people see it as a fault ...( for showing )

so brown is good

Back