• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coat King Question ...

Vickie

Ok, so I've decided to be brave and tackle Dexters big woolly coat, but the question is which size do i buy?? Can any of you that use them recommend one for me please?

Just to give you a bit of background, Dexter has LOTS of hair and it it very fluffy, whereas Oscar's hair is more silky and smooth ...

thanks in advance ... :flwr:

This was just discussed on the main breeder list. A couple of folks who have used both said the Furminator doesn't actually cut coat, while the Coat King does. And warned to go very gently with the latter as you can strip out a lot of coat very fast! If you have a full coated dog you really want the Coat King, probably, to thin the coat, not just take out the dead coat.

Note however the Furminator is really intended for dogs with undercoat. Cavaliers do not have an undercoat -- they are a single coated breed. It seems to work fine in stripping out dead coat anyway.

thanks Kody for the link and Karlin for the advice - I'll be careful not to go overboard, I'm sure he wouldn't forgive me if he ended up 'naked' or even patchy :yikes

I've opted for the number 12 so I'll let you know how I get on - when I'm brave enough to give it a go!

Back