• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Woman asked us for our Maddy

PamH

This morning we took Maddy to an art festival. We let her walk some, and carried her a lot as it was quite crowded. There were lots of other dogs there, but as usual we couldn't walk 50 yrds without being stopped and asked about her.
However, it really was the limit when a woman stopped and asked about her and then said "Can I give you my phone number and if it doesn't work out for you with her you can call me to come get get her". My husband said there was no chance of that happening. She insisted that he take her number, but of course he did not.
Can you believe this?
Pam

As I started to read this I thought of it as someone you know joking saying it. But as I read on how she insisted, well that is a little freaky :? You meet all sorts.. ummm any chance she really had her eye on your hubby?? ;) Oh only kidding :flwr:

Be very careful she does not have your address does she I know a friend that got ask that and said noway and there little dog went missing they did get the dog back about a week later so be careful----Aileen

Kody I was thinking the same thing. Whenever a woman pushes her phone number on a man, she's got something on her mind and I think it's more than puppy love. Or as mattiesmum suggested, wanted to find out where you lived so she could steal Maddy.

Freakin weirdo!! Must have felt like running from her.

Wow, Pam! That is creepy! Some people have no idea...

Something like that happened to my mom's friend while she was walking her English bull terrier. A car pulled up along side her, then a man emerged, and asked her if she would sell her dog. So bizarre! :huh:

Oh my gosh! that is so freaky! how rude of her 2 be so pushy like that!..and what did she think? the next day you would decide to give Maddy up? ppfft!

Be very careful she does not have your address does she I know a friend that got ask that and said noway and there little dog went missing they did get the dog back about a week later so be careful----Aileen

thats creepy...hopefully it was nothin like that!

Oh, jeez...if I didn't know better, I'd think that was my ex mother-in-law. she's just that pushy and rude. She once told her pregnant daughter (my SIL) that since she already had 2 kids, she & her hubby needed to give the new baby to my husband and me to raise since no one could be worse parents than they were. :shock:

Anyway...what a bizarre thing for someone to walk up to you and say. I'd keep an eye out for her. She sounds a little off-balance.

She sounds like a nutter.

You know, our breeder warned us of the importance of having a secured yard and to never leave her unattended for more than a few minutes. Not so much to keep her in (though that's important, too!) but apparently theft is a real issue with Cavaliers. Kinda scary!

As if you would give up your sweet Maddy, sheesh!

Luckily, this woman would have no idea where we lived. I wouldn't blame her if she thought my hubby was cute (I do too) but she truly was insistent that she wanted our puppy. I know people do get pups sometimes around christmas and it is not uncommon that they really don't want them after a few months. Perhaps that was her thought process. But she'll be waiting a long long time for anyone with a little cavlier to feel that way. They are such special little dogs.
I must say that quite a few people who came up to us either knew someone that had a cav or had one themselves and every one that had been around cavs told us what great dispositions they had.
One woman showed us a pic of her two cavs. I think they were called Willow and Jack. Reminded me of the Willow on this board.

What an idiot, as if you would give her your puppy! I would have had a few unfriendly words to say to her! Especially since you said no and she kept on it... some people need to have their heads checked.

I had this happen with Spencer! My parents are members of the Elks Lodge (insert chuckle and eye roll here) and about 2 or 3 days after I got him I had to work. Well my mom was working an Elks event at a golf course. She was just driving around a golf cart all day and talking to people so she took Spencer with her because she was just as in love with him as I was.

She said about mid-day one of the golfers came up to her and was so blunt with her. "I want your dog. Name your price." My mom was like, "Well it's my daughters dog and I doubt she would sell." He proceeded to offer her $2000 and went up to $3000. She was appaulled. She basically told him again that the dog was not for sale. He insisted that she take his card and that I call him if my answer was different.

Obviously I threw the card away as soon as she told me the situation.

What is it with these people? Do they think they can buy anything? I'd have told them that if they really wanted one then to get one of the many that are handed in to rescue from Mills etc every year.

There's no excuse for some people!! I think some people's parents forgot to teach them tact and manners. Pam - so glad this weirdo doesn't know where you leave. That was a really good point Aileen. I had met a woman at a dog park when I first got Jake, she was a fruitcake. I thought she was interested in the breed and had a discussion with her including how much the breed cost. Well.....from then on any time I went to the park and she was there she would announce to everyone else "did you know this dog cost $xxxx?". I quit going til she finally quit coming. I got a horrible vibe from her and wanted nothing to do with her. She'd show up...I'd leave.

what a werdio i would have picked up maddy and got as far away as possible.the cheek of some people.

I remember a few months ago when I was training Bailey to sit at the curb and some lady shouted out, "I'll give you £5 for it"

I felt like going over and punching her in the face... But instead shouted you could'nt have him for 5 thousand which was pretty quick for me.... But I remember feeling really upset that she had said this to me.

That's totally bizarre :yikes ...some people's kids, as my husband would say! I would be totally miffed and appalled if that had happen to us, too! Glad she doesn't know where you live...hopefully you won't ever run into her again! Yuck! :yuk:

Back