PDA

View Full Version : In...tro.....duc....ing...............PENNY!!!!!!

Claire L
13th January 2007, 09:54 PM
at last! She's arrived....

This is in the car on the way back (Yes! I will crate train her..)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0154.jpg

Getting a little more comfy...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0153.jpg

Stopped off at the vet and she was given the once over. No heart murmur b*n*n*
She had her anal glands cleaned got her shots and had her dew claws clipped. She weighs 7.3 Kg and is about five yrs old. It looks like she had pups at some stage. She was GREAT at the Vets and is now registered as a member of the Lindsay family :jmp2:

She's booked in for Monday week to be Spayed, have one tooth extracted and the rest cleaned, her ears cleaned ,her nails clipped and her Anal glands checked.

I gave her a bath and she loved it...all clean now and snuggled up in her bed in the kitchen fast asleep :slp: :slp: Ooh! I hope she snores !!!!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0155.jpg

Will post more pics when she comes out of her shell.

:flwr: :hug:

Joanne M
13th January 2007, 10:19 PM
Ooooooh Claire Penny is beautiful. I'm all teary eyed. I'm so happy for you and for Penny. She is one lucky little girl to get a wonderful mum like you. God bless you for taking her in your home and your heart. She already looks so comfortable with you. I love the way she is resting her head on your leg. She seems to have fallen in love with you already.

Mary
13th January 2007, 10:38 PM
What a gorgeous happy looking little girl. She looks so at home in that little bed. What a happy happy day for you and Penny. Congrats.

Charleen
13th January 2007, 10:44 PM
Congratulations - Penny is beautiful. Thanks for posting pictures so quickly. :lotsaluv:

JaneB
13th January 2007, 10:52 PM
So happy you are all home safe, sound and settled. Penny is a lovely little girl. It was certainly a match that was meant to be. Keep us posted on her progress.

JaneB

misty
13th January 2007, 11:02 PM
:flwr: welcome, Penny.

Claire, I've been checking the forum all evening waiting for you to post.

I don't know what to say. I'm in tears actually. You so deserve Penny and she deserves a loving home like yours too. She is beautiful btw, absolutely beautiful.

Lisa_T
13th January 2007, 11:35 PM
Oh Claire, I'm so happy you and Penny have finally made your way to each other. I'm sure you will give each other the many years of love you each crave.

She's a real sweetie!

Karlin
14th January 2007, 12:00 AM
:mexwav:

I'm so glad she is safely with you at last! What a sweet face. So glad all the arrangements came through. Can't wait to meet her now! :) I believe she did come from a bad breeding situation prior to her last home. :(

duncans_ma
14th January 2007, 12:08 AM
Oh Claire, I couldn't be happier for you. I know that Rudee is smiling down at you now and happy that you found room in your heart for little Penny.

Congratulations on your new girl.

brid kenny
14th January 2007, 12:14 AM
Congratulations!!!! :mexwav:
So happy for you. Can't wait to meet her.

Cathy Moon
14th January 2007, 12:14 AM
Congrats on your new family member, Claire! She's beautiful! :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
14th January 2007, 12:20 AM
Oh {{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I am so, so happy that you and hubby now have Penny home safely with you :hug:

You will turn that little ones life around and she knows it :l*v:

Claire, I think Rudeepoohs will be smiling now that her Mamma has a new baby to cuddle - I'm sure she's still with you and has sent Penny to you.

Lots of love and big hugs for you all & yeah, I hope she snores too :lol:

Denise G.
14th January 2007, 12:25 AM
Congratulations Claire, I'm so happy for you. Penny looks so comfy and relieved to be resting and safe at last...

Enjoy your new girl!

Zippy
14th January 2007, 01:20 AM
Congratulations Claire!!

Mary Alice and I are soooo happy that Penny is finally home with your family.

She's a beautiful girl, looking forward to more pics as she settles in..... :D :flwr: :flwr:

sannie
14th January 2007, 01:53 AM
Gorgeous!!

:D :D :D :D

Cathy T
14th January 2007, 02:34 AM
So Claire...are you happy now? You've made us all cry!!! What an incredibly sweet little face she has. So happy you found each other. And can't wait to here about her further adventures with you. This was so meant to be!

Shay
14th January 2007, 03:59 AM
Oh Claire....Penny is a real looker, and what a sweet little face she has.. So happy you have another baby to share your love. She is one lucky little girl to have found her way to you, the angels were smiling on you both, and little Rud's is too.

Wishing you and Penny many years of love together.

Coco's mom
14th January 2007, 05:25 AM
Fabulous news! :jmp2:
It's great to see you and Penny together. She is a very lucky girl to be with you. This really made my day! She really does have a sweet face.
Congratulations! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Alison_Leighfield
14th January 2007, 08:28 AM
OH WOW, she looks lovely :lotsaluv:

WELCOME to the list "PENNY" :lotsaluv: XXXXX :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:

So Claire.....need I ask......how was the first cuddle! I cried with joy to see that you finally have her.

Love her with all your heart, ENJOY, ENJOY! she was sent to you for sure...a gift from darling Rudee. :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Forest
14th January 2007, 11:10 AM
:cry*ing: tears of joy for you and your new little *ng*l She is truly a beautiful little girl. All the best to the Lindsay family :D (Your darling Rudeepoos would be soo happy for you) I hope you back is holding up with the trip and all the excitement. Looking forward to more pics and hearing all about your new adventures with the little Penny :)
Julie and the girls

Lindsay
14th January 2007, 02:44 PM
Claire, you have everybody in tears again! But this time we are all so happy for you! Penny is absolutely GORGEOUS! Look at that face! Supermodel! I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to start seeing pics of her and stories about her posted here.

Congrats!!!!!

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

merlinsmum
14th January 2007, 03:12 PM
Congratulations Claire... Penny is just gorgeous, enjoy your cuddles with her. I think Rudeepoohs is grinning from ear to ear to see her mum smile again :flwr:

*Pauline*
14th January 2007, 04:36 PM
Congratulations to you and your husband. She look so sweet. I'm very happy for you and for Penny, I'm sure you'll be very happy together. :lotsaluv:

arasara
14th January 2007, 07:17 PM
Claire !! She's such a beautiful little girl!! I am so glad that everything is finally working out for you guys. Tons - no INFINATE hugs from me and Kosmo for you !! I'm going to throw a party tonight for ya! :flwr:

Mic
14th January 2007, 09:33 PM
Good grief! I keep checking the board yesterday to get an update on you and Penny and NEVER thought to check the gallery. Duh! Now that I'm caught up all I can say is YEAH!!! What a doll. I can't imagine having to give her away. She sounds so sweet and I'll bet that in no time she'll warm up to her new family and surroundings. You both are very lucky to have found each other.

I'll let you know when her puppias arrive. Make sure you post plenty of pictures.

Spencer'sMom
14th January 2007, 11:25 PM
She's just beautiful, Claire. And she looks so happy to be resting next to her new mommy. :luv:

moniechris
15th January 2007, 12:10 AM
I am soooo thrilled for you!!! I am tearing up with joy that you guys have FINALLY gotten together! How wonderful!! I hope your back is all better too. You guys are just a match made in heaven! :luv:

Sydney
15th January 2007, 12:25 AM
Sydney here,

Penny, from one tri-color to another, you are a very very pretty girl. You are so lucky to have such a good Mom and Dad to take care of you. These humans are pretty good to us, so give your new Mom and Dad lots of love and they will return it ten fold I'm sure. You're in very good hands now. And to Claire, from all of us Cavaliers out there, thanks for giving Penny a good home and another chance. We all love humans like you. *ng*l

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

*Pauline*
15th January 2007, 01:00 AM
Good grief! I keep checking the board yesterday to get an update on you and Penny and NEVER thought to check the gallery. Duh!

Same here, found this thread yesterday.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to see more pics of Penny. If you do too then clap your hands!...

cl*p cl*p cl*p cl*p

Zippy
15th January 2007, 01:36 AM
Then there were three of us checking everywhere but here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure that Claire and Penny are busy getting to know one another (Hubby too, of course!)....but Mary Alice and I are looking forward to any photos in the days to come!!!

cl*p cl*p cl*p cl*p

We're just soooo glad that Claire and Penny are finally together!! :lotsaluv:

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Cupcake Love
15th January 2007, 04:22 AM
Oh how wonderful! She is absolutely beautiful - congratulations on the new baby! :)

Nisha
15th January 2007, 04:42 AM
oh Congrats on your new furbaby!! She is absolutely beautiful!!! Im So thrilled for you! And Penny looks very relaxed and content too..
Im sure you'll be extremely happy together :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Mic
15th January 2007, 06:47 AM
Umm....when are you gonna add Penny to your siggy? I don't think Rudee would mind sharing.
:flwr:
Oh, and now that I know where to look, more pictures, please!

OhMarley
15th January 2007, 02:05 PM
When i opened that up and saw it was you introducing a new cav a couldn't help smiling..!
That is so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mexwav:
She looks so beautiful! Penny has scored one of the best homes around!
Goodluck and more photos asap! :flwr:

Barbara Nixon
15th January 2007, 02:34 PM
Ahhh. I'm so glad that things turned out right, in the end, Claire. Are you keeping the name 'Penny' ? On Dog Borstal, on tv, they recommended that a lady change her dog's name slightly, so he wouldn't associate his name with past events (In his case rescue and some bad behaviour with his new owner).

I'm another who didn't think of looking in this section for an update.

matties mum
15th January 2007, 08:36 PM
I did not cheek on here till now but so happy for you and of couse for your little Penny more photos please my Sam send lots of love and say you are now home good wisher from Barney and Jazzie as well----Aileen

Jen
15th January 2007, 11:17 PM
She's gorgeous!

Kodee
16th January 2007, 03:46 AM
Make that 4 of us checking the wrong section. The other 3 are just a tad swifter than me, as I took a full day longer!! I wanted to see pics and now that I have, Penny has a look in her eye as if to say - maybe this time all is good? Oh boy, she doesnt know the half of it yet - good is way to much of an understatement. Penny is going to receive 3x the fold of love she could ever expect from you and like wise her to you.

Good thing Karlin today was posting messages saying she was moving things about to keep rescue stuff together - that finally got me on the right path so I could view these darling photos!

P.S. I think she will be fine after the spay with just her dog bed in a nice quiet corner. She has load of time later once she is settled and reassured this home is great to get used to a crate should you want her to learn for future use e.i. car, vet.

enchantingdragon
16th January 2007, 03:51 AM
Congrats What a beautiful girl

Lani
16th January 2007, 04:03 AM
I am so happy for you Claire! Penny is a lucky girl. :flwr:

I hope you have many joyous years together.

Linda
16th January 2007, 03:04 PM
Bless you Claire, she is stunning, gorgeous.

I was another one looking in General and Rescued to find info on her, I am sure you are just loving all that loving.

Is your back better sweetie, sounds like you have got yourself one gorgeous addition to your already wonderful family. :D :D :D :D

Thinking of you. :hug: :l*v: :hug:

Dottie
18th January 2007, 09:50 PM
Penny is beautiful! It sounds like you two have a very special story! I hope to be able to find out more about it here somewhere! ;)

Kim (Dottie's mommy)

molly
19th January 2007, 12:12 AM
Claire, Penny/now Minnie Moo (cute name) is just gorgeous! She looks so much like my Murphy. He says he is absolutely smitten with her! I am so happy for you all. You have so much love and joy ahead with each other.

Hope your back is better.