• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you ever feel like....

Chelle

(on the heels of Pam's post)

Do you ever feel like owning a Cavalier is like living with a rock star? :lol:

This is how dh describes it, lol. Bella causes a stir no matter where we go. She's like a celebrity in our vets office, and we can't take her anywhere without people stopping, wanting to hold her, pet her, asking all kinds of questions... and of course, the "Ooooohmygod, she's soooo cute!"

We took her to Petsmart last night and on our way in we passed a woman on her way out. She had a Shi-poo puppy and caught a glimpse of Bella from the corner of her eye, spun around and came running over to us "OMG, is that a Cavalier King Charles? That's what I wanted to get!" I kinda felt bad for the little Shi-poo under her arm, like he was a 2nd choice!

We live on a corner lot with a chain-link fence, so anyone walking by can see Bella if she's out. Even crotchety old men that don't talk to anyone can't resist stopping to say hello to her through the fence

I wonder if they understand the power they hold over people? LOL. :lol:

Chelle - that is why their breed name is "King". They are the royalty of the dog world. I get the same reactions at doggy daycare. Everyone will mention how cute my cavaliers are.

Same here. I think it is the fun of it though! And I have had people say that to me too (Oh that is the breed I really wanted!) Well you should have got one because now you are missing out! :D

I had Spencer at the vets yesterday morning for his annual round and as soon as I sat down in the lobby I hear "Is that a King Charles?" This old man proceeded to tell me that he had a cavashon ( :yuk: @ designer dogs) and about what a good dog it was. I told him it was the King Charles in him :lol:

Bella causes a stir no matter where we go. She's like a celebrity in our vets office, and we can't take her anywhere without people stopping, wanting to hold her, pet her, asking all kinds of questions... and of course, the "Ooooohmygod, she's soooo cute!"

:lol:
:xctly: I totally agree!!! Everyone wants to see her, or ask questions, or (sometimes) they just whisper and point! It's hard to go anywhere with her because, as you said, we are stopped so often! At Coco's daycare/puppy play club, Coco is constantly getting picked up by the other puppy owners and kids. I literally couldn't take a step without being stopped by someone new when I took Coco to have her picture taken with Santa.
Rock star would be a perfect description! :rotfl:

NO kidding!

Going out with Indy has given me a taste for what being a celebrity is like! She is fussed over more than I could ever have thought possible!

You are right about that! It's almost impossible to go anywhere without being stopped and asked about your dog. Dog shows are the toughest because when we are grooming prior to the show, we don't want anyone touching our dog. We always tell them to wait til after we have shown and then they can pet all they want. People have always understood that request.

There are getting to be more people who know what the breed is now. We must have had our first Cavalier for at least a year before someone who stopped to pet her knew what breed it was.

oh they are definately 'rock star' dogs! people used to take indy's picture all the time when he was a smaller puppy and he still can literally stop traffic!

it might sound strange to say this, but on days when we go for longer walks or walks in more crowded areas, if he doesn't get much attention i nearly start to wonder about people? you get so used to the 'Awwwwwww's' that it freaks you out a bit if people aren't paying attention to them.

one a different note, do any of you ruby and black & tan owners come across people that INSIST they aren't cavaliers? i understand not knowing that there are 4 colours but we've had a couple of people ask what's wrong with him or literally insist that indy must be something else or a mix. very strange---and a bit rude!

yep all the receptionists love to fuss over lady as soon as we walk through the door. She does work it though pulls the cutest face, she even won over the grumpy vet by kissing him. it's sometimes scares me how friendly and trusting cavs are, i watch her like a hawk when she's in the garden and got jason to put another securty light in the garden so that the whole garden is lit up when she out at night. Plus i get scared in the dark!

KimNIndy said:
one a different note, do any of you ruby and black & tan owners come across people that INSIST they aren't cavaliers? i understand not knowing that there are 4 colours but we've had a couple of people ask what's wrong with him or literally insist that indy must be something else or a mix. very strange---and a bit rude!

I haven't experienced that but do get people say "aren't they lovely girls!" annoying when they are boys - people always seem to think cavs are girls?

My mum (who works in the voluntary sector) always says that the fastest way to get people to put money in a collecting bucket would be to stand with Holly and talk people into dropping pennies when they stop to coo. H'mm, that didn't sound quite right. Dropping coins, I should say.. :lol: :lol:

I've never had people insist mine aren't Cavs- but I did help settle an argument for a lady who has apparently always wanted a B/T cav, but a self-styled doggy friend of hers always claimed such a colour didn't exist, so seeing Holly was a validation for her!

I've only had my little Dottie for 3 days and today was her 1st vet check. Everyone there really made a big deal over her! Even the vet took a picture to send to her boyfriend! :D

The first time I took Kingston to the vet, one of the doctors called her friend on a cell phone and said "Guess what I have in my office! A Cavalier King Charles!" I wanted to ask her if we should put Kingston on the phone or something. Or maybe leave his autograph?

KingstonsMom said:
The first time I took Kingston to the vet, one of the doctors called her friend on a cell phone and said "Guess what I have in my office! A Cavalier King Charles!" I wanted to ask her if we should put Kingston on the phone or something. Or maybe leave his autograph?

Kingston looks SO CUTE in his Santa outfit!!! :D

Oh I am totally with you! I tell my fiance he is not allowing to take her out without me... Can you say chick magnet?!?! :roll:
Seriously, though, Ellie is starting to get a big head. If someone walks by and doesn't notice her, she becomes very indignant! She'll just stare the person down until they notice her. Rock star is the perfect way to describe it!!!

merlinsmum said:
I haven't experienced that but do get people say "aren't they lovely girls!" annoying when they are boys - people always seem to think cavs are girls?
:lol: Everyone always thinks Geordie is a girl! I had a blue bandana made for him that has 'Good Boy' embroidered on it! 8)

Cathy, no offence but Geordie is very pretty.....kind of like a little boy with huge eyes and great eyelashes!!

Cavaliers attract a lot of attention from passersby.

Charley was so sweet, everyone wanted to pat him.

Mary Alice is a deep chestnut colour and cars actually slow down while the passengers/drivers check her out!!

She just prances on by..... 8) 8)

Back