• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wee wee in the house

Remali

Well I am so bummed out and at a loss as to what to do next.....Bentley has started to lift his leg and pee anywhere and everywhere! He is about a year and a half now. He has gone on my couch and even on my bed ruffle! I just had the little stinker outside not 20 minutes ago, and he went potty for me. And I just walked into the livingroom to see him lifting his leg on my couch!

:?

Uh oh that's territory marking :yikes :roll: .

Has he been 'done' Renee? If not, it might be time to think about it. Have you had another dog in your rooms? OR even a hormonal teenage boy? I know the last one sounds daft but that's why Charlie was marking on my bed - he could smell my teenage son as he only did it when Geraint had been lying on our bed watching tv :roll:

Best thing to do is to shout 'NO!' at him if you catch him in the act and put him straight outside. THEN you will need to wash the areas he's marked with a biological solution so that he doesn't go there again.

It's hard work but curable. Good luck (y)

I am in no way experienced in this - but I am reading House Train Your Dog in 7 Days at the moment. It says for older dogs to go back to square one - start of with smaller confined area, take outside before they need to go and increase space and time according to positive results. But something must of set off the territory marking - new situation, changes to schedule or as the person ^ said hormones - its hard to be calm while figuring these things out.

Indy has been disappointing us as well....he's almost a year old and we find a puddle or two about every other day. like your doggy, we thought we had things sorted and then it seemed to get worse again once he started lifting his leg to pee.

it's really hard to because they are sneaky little devils about doing it too.

is your dog neutered? indy isn't and i'm wondering if that makes it more difficult.

a friend also recommended the NO and sending him outside the minute it happens as lack of attention is the worst punishment. to be honest, it hasn't helped us much because we almost never catch him doing it. our poor curtains.

Thank you everyone, good advice! I am going to work on everything that was suggested.

I wondered about the neutering thing too.....Bentley is not neutered. My other dog, my Poodle, is neutered. I didn't get Bentley neutered because he was such a sweet guy, never goes off leash, and honestly I was terrified of complications (I know they are very rare, if ever) during the surgery.
Maybe I just need to be more diligent, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head tho....LOL! I will try what you have all suggested tho, and I better buy some more Nature's Miracle!

Back