PDA

View Full Version : help

dea
15th January 2007, 12:47 PM
can any body help me ive been trying all morning to upload a pic of my dog and every time i try to put it on this site i get a message saying THE URL OF THE REMOTE AVATOR IS NOT VALID maybe im just been thick :? but can anybody help many thanks :roll: :x :oops:

Karlin
15th January 2007, 12:53 PM
Have you read the section in Getting Started on creating avatars? Your avatar needs to end in .jpg or .bmp on the URL -- anything else means you aren't posting a pic but a webpage link; there's a difference. :) Also you cannot post from sites like Shutterfly for reasons explained in the section.

coconut
15th January 2007, 12:54 PM
i am not to sure how to do it either, but i do know that we had to use a website to load them on to i think it was www.photobucket.com

Barbara Nixon
15th January 2007, 02:10 PM
I use Photobucket.

It's best to crop and resize your photos on your pc, before uploading to them.

To include in your post, have your page on Photobucket open and copy the url from under your chosen photo. In your post, here, have the cursor where you want the photo to go, click on the grey 'Img' buttton, copy the url, then click the grey'Img*' button. Try 'preview' to see if you are successful.

Yvonne117
15th January 2007, 03:50 PM
I had exactly the same problem and I was using Muchos.co.uk. They did not resize the photos for you so I have changed to flickr.com and it does it all for you. Now I have no problem.

dea
15th January 2007, 05:59 PM
thanks for all your help i had to put url in by hand but i think its worked :flwr: if it has this is levi my pride and joy :p