• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

help

dea

can any body help me ive been trying all morning to upload a pic of my dog and every time i try to put it on this site i get a message saying THE URL OF THE REMOTE AVATOR IS NOT VALID maybe im just been thick :? but can anybody help many thanks :roll: :x :oops:

Have you read the section in Getting Started on creating avatars? Your avatar needs to end in .jpg or .bmp on the URL -- anything else means you aren't posting a pic but a webpage link; there's a difference. :) Also you cannot post from sites like Shutterfly for reasons explained in the section.

I use Photobucket.

It's best to crop and resize your photos on your pc, before uploading to them.

To include in your post, have your page on Photobucket open and copy the url from under your chosen photo. In your post, here, have the cursor where you want the photo to go, click on the grey 'Img' buttton, copy the url, then click the grey'Img*' button. Try 'preview' to see if you are successful.

I had exactly the same problem and I was using Muchos.co.uk. They did not resize the photos for you so I have changed to flickr.com and it does it all for you. Now I have no problem.

thanks for all your help i had to put url in by hand but i think its worked :flwr: if it has this is levi my pride and joy :p

Back