PDA

View Full Version : 12 hours until Take-Off!!!

arasara
15th January 2007, 04:11 PM
Hi guys!! This has been a very exciting last few weeks for those of us on Cavalier Talk and guess what?!?!?! I AM GETTING ANOTHER BABY!!! :jump: :jump:

Providing references and home check goes through she will be MINE MINE MINE!! :D :D

She's a B/T girl born 11/12 and rescued by a WONDERFUL member of this board!!

I couldn't be happier - I am absolutely tickled pink! She's just adorable. If you want to read more:

http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6403

Now my problem:

What to name her?! She's currently called Faith which I think is a good name.. I also like the name Gracie because it's by the grace of God and the wonderful rescue folks that she's still alive.

h*lp h*lp h*lp

Cathy T
15th January 2007, 04:17 PM
Hooray hooray hooray!!! :jump: :mexwav: :lotsaluv:

Can you tell I'm excited??!!! Sara - this is so incredibly exciting. I've thinking about you tons the past couple of days. Can I uncross mine, Jake's and Shelby's fingers now....we were starting to get cramps.

I love the name Faith.....I had "faith" that if she was meant to be she would...and she is!

Okay, give us more. When would you get her? I'll be a reference for you ;)

Barbara Nixon
15th January 2007, 04:19 PM
I'm so pleased that you are getting her. They do say that a dog responds better to a name ending in the 'ee' sound, so Gracie fits, in more ways than one.

Normal hernias are no problem and many don't need intervention, though it mat as well be seen to with her spay. Izzy has had a hernia for over 9 years with no problems at all. In fact it has proved usefull, because it told me when his mvd was beginning to cause a fluid buildup in his abdomen. .

Vickie
15th January 2007, 04:30 PM
:jump: :jump: :mexwav:

Yipeeeeeee!!

Oh Sara I'm so happy for you fingers crossed that all the checks etc go ok and she'll be on her way to you soon :xfngr:

Please let us know all the details when you know, oh I'm sooooo excited for you :jmp2:

Gracie's Mommy
15th January 2007, 04:36 PM
Sara-- CONGRATS!!! That is SO awesome! She is such a cutie...and from my home state of Arkansas. My parents still live in Hot Springs, which I think is not too far from Mic (and Faith).

You know I'm partial to the name Gracie...just seems to fit these adorable Cavalier girls!

WTG Sara! Good luck with the final references and home check. Can't wait to hear an update :jump:

JaneB
15th January 2007, 05:23 PM
What wonderful news! Truly and international connection! I love the name Faith. Maybe you should wait until you meet her to decide. I bet the perfect name will come to you once you have her in your arms. Keep us posted on the adoption.
How are you going to get her? Fly, drive. . .?

JaneB

merlinsmum
15th January 2007, 05:25 PM
Sara,

How exciting! :D Faith looks a bundle of joy ;)

arasara
15th January 2007, 05:30 PM
I could wait until I see her :):) It's always an option. Of course I will take LOTS of pictures and I'll keep you guys posted. I still need suggestions though!

I am planning to drive to the NY airport and then fly to AR from there and then fly back and drive home. The airport is about 3 hours from me. Yes - it's SOME international connection!! lol :) It will be fun though. ;)

I am so excited. I can't wait until I get the go ahead - I should be getting her sometime within the next 3 weeks I would say if everything goes well..

:xfngr: :xfngr:

Joanne M
15th January 2007, 05:34 PM
Congratulations Sara. She is beautiful. You and Mic are wonderful to rescue this little one. Thanks for being the angels that you are. I look forward to getting to know your little girl through your stories and pictures.

Denise G.
15th January 2007, 05:35 PM
Yea, Sara!! Congratulations! Faith/Gracie couldn't find a nicer home!

She is such a doll, too! Keep us posted with pictures as soon as you bring her home!!

:jmp: :jump: :jmp:

Cicero's Mummy
15th January 2007, 05:46 PM
I love the name Gracie!

It just goes so well with Kosmo! It just rolls off your tounge... Kosmo and Gracie!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Charleen
15th January 2007, 06:04 PM
Congratulations Sara! What wonderful news. I like both names, Faith and Grace. This will be very exciting for Kosmo - a little playmate.

Have you checked to see what the border rules are for bringing the puppy from the US to Canada? I know there can be a hassle sometimes.

If you need any help in your travels to pick up Faith please feel free to contact me. I work only about 1 mile from the Buffalo Niagara Airport. I am assuming you will be crossing the border near there or Niagara Falls. So if for any reason you need assistance, I'd love to help you get your little girl home.

arasara
15th January 2007, 06:13 PM
I checked into the government website and if she's under 12 weeks old she needs to have a certificate from a vet saying that as far as they know she's not unfit for travel into canada and she's not carrying any diseases and if she's over 12 weeks then she needs a valid rabies certificate as well as a vet certificate. ;)

I took that right from the government so I am assuming that it's spot on. I will bring along a copy just in case I get a mean crossing guard that hassles me.. icon_whistling

Thanks so much for offering Charleen - I can't believe that this is finally happening!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

How about other names besides Grace/Gracie and Faith? What do you guys think when you look at her? What's she look like??

Lindsay
15th January 2007, 06:29 PM
All she looks like is PRECIOUS! I have been pining for that puppy ever since the thread was posted! I am so glad that you are (hopefully) going to be her mommy!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I think she looks like a Gracie. She is so teeny and cute. Gracie suits her so well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :mexwav:

Have you broke the news to Kosmo yet?

arasara
15th January 2007, 06:34 PM
I told KOsmo and he wagged his tail like he always does. . . . .

I think he will be thrilled!!... ... Until he finds out she's not going home!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lindsay
15th January 2007, 06:36 PM
Don't worry too much. Kosmo will always be your baby boy...she will probably rule the roost and be daddy's girl! Speaking from experience.... icon_whistling

Zippy
15th January 2007, 06:47 PM
Sara, That's terrific news!! :jmp2: :jmp2:

Faith is a beautiful little pup....she'll fit right in with your family and Kosmo!!

As for the name, I like tons of names....so I'm no help at all! ;D

Best wishes for your new furbaby!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Coco's mom
15th January 2007, 06:56 PM
Woo hoo! Sara, that's amazing! b*n*n*
:mexwav:
I knew you were interested in getting a rescue eventually but I had no idea that it would be so soon. Congratulations!

Kosmo is so lucky to be getting a little sister. She looks sooooo sweet btw. Oh, you'll be having a cavvie GIRL this time!!! So much fun!!!

:xfngr: I'm sure everything will go well with final references. :flwr:

Kodee
15th January 2007, 07:09 PM
WOW this is really exciting! Kos will be lucky to have a little playmate. I often wonder due to the cavalier nature if they arent better in 2's. OH BOY you should see my husband freak when I mention sometimes they are suited to 2 to keep each other company.

This little girl is only a mth older than my lil one - we can compare dairies next mth. Hmm between you unable to leave Kos in "the window" and this lil gal I think you have the rescue bug... which is a darn, nice way to give back to society!

Keep us updated on it - a 3 way Cavalier Talk all star weekend now with rescue dogs and happy new board member owners!

Kodee
15th January 2007, 07:13 PM
oh my gosh, i didnt click the link to YOUR cavs story till after I posted my congrats!! I didnt realize it was THAT VERY VERY SO SWEET ONE! She is absolutely adoreable - no wonder you couldnt resist, I barely could!

Linda
15th January 2007, 07:14 PM
:w**h**: Sara

We'll Sara awoke me this morning shortly after 6:00 am with the exciting news. :jmp2:

I am extremely happy for you sweetie, and that little one will be tearing your place apart in a short while. :w**h**:

I can't wait till we get all four of them together for playdates, tearing the place apart. :w*w:

You can all scream at me if you like but if she were mine her name would definetely be :shock: :shock:

SASSY

If she is as spunky as Mic says she is it would suit her to a tee, you have absolutely nothing to worry about with sweet Kosmo darling. :l*v:

He loved having the boys over to play, yes he was happy to see them leave. It will take him time to adjust, but he will soon come to realize she is not going anywhere. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was keeping in touch with Sara all wkd, to hear if any news had come about as I had no internet access this wkd. She could not eat, she could not sleep, this gal was so excited. Can anyone blame her, I was jumping out of my chair Friday when she made the call to Mic. :jump:

Brough back alot of memories for me. :l*v:

Hugs, Hugs and more hugs darling. :hug: :l*v: :hug: :wggle: :thmbsup:

Don't tell me I have to start buying all this Pink stuff now. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Kodee
15th January 2007, 08:03 PM
I love the name Gracie!

It just goes so well with Kosmo! It just rolls off your tounge... Kosmo and Gracie!

You know, she is right, when you say them together they do sound really nice!

Are you driving to avoid customs at the airport? I dont know much about taking animals across the boarder. Hopefully by driving its easier - they dont make you quarrantine or anything I hope? I'm sure the rescue people know all about proper papers, vet check papers etc.. to keep it safe - just be sure to cross your "i's" and dot your "t's" before you leave - so you know what is to be expected with the Niagara boarder into Canada.

Zippy
15th January 2007, 08:09 PM
People do take pets on vacation to the US....so I don't think quarantine is a problem.

My understanding, is that they need vaccinations and a vet certificate dated no later than 10 days before crossing the boarder.

I know there are problems taking dog foods across the boarder....not sure why but have heard of "snowbirds" having to throw it out at the boarder and buy it in the US.

If I took a dog *into* the US, I'd take the ownership papers too but that's not applicable to Sara. It's also just me, being extra careful.

Hope all goes well.....take your camera, Sara!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Kodee
15th January 2007, 08:19 PM
People do take pets on vacation to the US....so I don't think quarantine is a problem.

My understanding, is that they need vaccinations and a vet certificate dated no later than 10 days before crossing the boarder.

I know there are problems taking dog foods across the boarder....not sure why but have heard of "snowbirds" having to throw it out at the boarder and buy it in the US.

If I took a dog *into* the US, I'd take the ownership papers too but that's not applicable to Sara. It's also just me, being extra careful.

Hope all goes well.....take your camera, Sara!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Hi Zippy! I never noticed your avatar said Canada before - so I just wanted to say HI to a fellow Ontarioian! Is Ontarioian even a word :?

Zippy
15th January 2007, 08:33 PM
Hi to you too!!

I don't know if it's a word but I think you just made it official!! :lol: :lol:

Yep, Mary Alice and I are not too far from yourself! :flwr: :flwr:

matties mum
15th January 2007, 08:39 PM
I would wait until you hold her and see what name suit her you might just think Faith suit her or another name cannot wait until you get her to see more photos please----Aileen

nangel519
15th January 2007, 08:58 PM
Sara how exciting!!!! :w*w:

She is a beautiful little puppy, I'm starting to really fall in love with black and tans!

I like the name Gracie too.

Keep us updated with lots of pictures!!!!

Linda
15th January 2007, 08:59 PM
Sara

My kids said she is too sweet to call her Sassy, I said just wait.
I remember that sweet darling face from my Darby too, I swore if I ever got another Ruby or B/T and it was a wee lassie that would be her name. ;) ;) ;)

I know that is your mom's JRT's name. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

moniechris
15th January 2007, 09:12 PM
YAAAAAYY!!! I am so thrilled for you and for Kos!!!!! (and for me because I get to see her grow up in pictures!!!!!!! icon_whistling ) I adore Gracie, it sounds like a "keeper," but she will show you her name when she is ready. It will just fit. :D :D :D :w**h**:

arasara
15th January 2007, 09:15 PM
Oh Thank you guys for all of the well wishes!! :)

I am excited I can barely eat and sleep!! LOL I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas.. icon_whistling icon_whistling Oh I will never grow up!

I am not sure what we will call her - my OH is fine with whatever although he will make me name her and then probably say a week after the fact "oh no we should call her this.. :sl*p: " Men.!

Sassy is good Linda but how do you like trouble!? :yikes :yikes

I could name her "Hilda" like my grandma's dog's name! LOL she said she wanted to pick a name nobody would forget.. :badgrin:

Kodee
15th January 2007, 09:22 PM
Oh I will never grow up!

You know my email signature is:

Getting Older Is Inevitable.
Growing Up Is Optional.

Being in my 40's my kids tell me "aint that the truth" I am the biggest kid in the house and proclaimed I had 2 girls so I could use them for barbie dress up!

Karlin
15th January 2007, 10:25 PM
Congrats, that's so exciting! More puppy pics! :lol:

KimNIndy
15th January 2007, 10:29 PM
oh my lord! congratulations! how exciting and wonderful for both of you!

sara i just looked at the photos of your little baby and she is SO adorable!

what a cute little pair her and kosmo will make. i've been admiring your avatar for so long----i just love the fact that he is *smiling* in it and it always makes me smile.

my vote is for gracie, but i agree that you have to wait until you see her to see if it fits.

k

Mic
15th January 2007, 11:32 PM
Well goodness gracious! I'm glad I logged in today. I guess Sara's a wee bit excited, y'think? She mentioned shipping some goodies for Faith here for her to bring back with her, and now I'm worried they may need to hook up a U-Haul to the plane!

As far as names go, I'd love to start calling her "HER" name to get her used to it, but a week or two won't make a difference. Everyone here calls her a different name. My daughter Riley and her friends call her Rhonda. Why? I don't know. Megan calls her Fay, which is Spanish for Faith. My husband is impressed by her bone structure and solid look and calls her "J-Lo" cause he thinks she has a big butt! Men! The girls at the knitting shop call her Purl, a knitting term/stitch.

Sassy fits her personality. She's a hoot. She won't "go" on the newspaper but loves to shred it instead. So I got some of those wee-wee pads and she won't "go" on them either. She does, however, like to sleep on them. Go figure. She wrestles with and barks at chewy toys, especially ones that roll. She flails herself against the ex-pen, growling and barking at it like she's some big shot. But put her next to my 90 pound lab/chessie mix and she rolls right over to bare her belly. The next thing you know, she's crawling all over Kahlua, tugging at her ears and chasing her tail.

She likes privacy when she does her business, which is fine during the day, but makes potty breaks in the dark more like Hide-and-Go-Seek. She's teething BIG TIME and her little teeth are razor sharp. She goes everywhere with me...sleeps in my purse occasionally poking her head out to cause a stir. She cute and she knows it. Quite a little ham-bone.

Hope some of this helps with the name selection.

molly
16th January 2007, 01:10 AM
Well, Mic, your description of Faith/Gracie/Rhonda/J-Lo/Purl sounds like a typical mischevious B/T! Reminds me so much of our Casey, the terrorist cavalier.

Sara, I am so excited for you! What a wonderful addition to your family. And Kosmo is going to love her. And she will rule the roost :lol: in no time! Wonderful news.

Linda
16th January 2007, 01:18 AM
Sassy fits her personality. She's a hoot. She won't "go" on the newspaper but loves to shred it instead. So I got some of those wee-wee pads and she won't "go" on them either. She does, however, like to sleep on them. Go figure. She wrestles with and barks at chewy toys, especially ones that roll. She flails herself against the ex-pen, growling and barking at it like she's some big shot. But put her next to my 90 pound lab/chessie mix and she rolls right over to bare her belly. The next thing you know, she's crawling all over Kahlua, tugging at her ears and chasing her tail

Hmmmmmmmmm Sara, I told you yes I know, I know, I know but she is gonna be a Sassy to me. :D :D :D :D

My son like I already said she is to sweet looking to call her that I told him I bet she is a cheeky wee lass. Sassy, Sassy, Sassy are you hearing me Sara or should I give you a ring. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

robynmp
16th January 2007, 01:21 AM
OH!!! I am so happy for you!! I know we have been chatting all day, but I wanted to publically congratulate you!!!!

She is a beautiful little Gem!!!

enchantingdragon
16th January 2007, 01:45 AM
Oh Im so happy for you and Kosmos Cant wait to see your beautiful new girl :D

Mic
16th January 2007, 07:01 AM
I had plans for the evening (concert and knitting group) and left dh and the kids in charge of the dogs while I was gone. After giving them detailed instructions on when to walk which dog, for how long, where each likes to do his/her business, etc., I asked if they would take some new photos of Faith since I've had a few requests.

I knew something was up when I got home and everyone was in the kitchen, all smirking, with my computer on the counter just waiting for me. They wanted to show me the pictures of Faith they'd taken while I was out.

The five of them were literally rolling on the floor as they watched me open each pic. All I can say is my kids must take after their father, 'cause they sure don't take after me.

Hmm...mom's at a meeting. What can we do to amuse ourselves while she's gone?
Listen, pup. Just stick with me and you won't get into any trouble, okay?
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0457.jpg

Nahhh...I think I wanna explore a bit. This sink looked much more interesting from the outside looking in.
Help! I've fallen and I can't get out!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0458.jpg

This is an interesting crate. What's with the revolving floor?
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0461.jpg

Yum...lots of good stuff to eat in here! A bit chilly, though...
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0468.jpg

Hmmm...I don't think this is the bath tub.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0465.jpg

Do you feel lucky? Rack 'em up, Pool Shark!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0466.jpg

Time for my bath...but I don't wanna get my hair wet. You know how we girls are about our hair!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0473.jpg

Oops...here comes mom. Look cute and act natural.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/IMGP0474.jpg

If Faith could talk, I'm sure she'd say, "HELP me, Sara! Get me outta this looney bin!"

matties mum
16th January 2007, 08:11 AM
Loverly photos I think she is beautiful I cannot wait to hear what her name will be how about Abbey?---Aileen

Nisha
16th January 2007, 08:42 AM
She is soo adorable!! love the picturess! im so happy 4 ya Sara! and im sure Kosmo will absolutely adore her! Cant wait 2 see lots more pics! keep us updated!

Maxxs_Mummy
16th January 2007, 11:03 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I looooooooooooooooooooooooove those pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She looks so spunky and full of life, bless her.

Sara, I am so happy for you to be getting this little one - I know how much you want her from the PM's I've been getting ;) :lol:

Mic, I think she'll be totally ruined at Sara's house - not sure what Kos is going to think though :lol:

arasara
16th January 2007, 11:12 AM
LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

Those are some very cute pictures!! I can't wait to have her in my arms.. :lotsaluv:

I can't believe they put her in a pot! :yikes :yikes hahaha I guess that's what happens when you leave men with children, right?!

From the looks of it your family is really fixin to have her for supper!! LOL the microwave, the stove, the fridge!! That makes my day. It reminds me of when my JRT was a puppy my brother put her in the china hutch and took pictures!! I will try to find it tonight and post a picture of it - I can't believe he put her in the china hutch!

She is so cute Mickey thanks for all of the picturs.. I am excited and love struck once again!! :flwr: :flwr:

Mary
16th January 2007, 11:30 AM
OMG...those photos are adorable. Congrats Sara. She is a real cutie!

Cathy Moon
16th January 2007, 12:32 PM
Wow, I missed out on lots of big news yesterday!!

Congrats on your soon-to-be new addition to the family Sara! She is adorable, and Kosmo will love having a best buddy and playmate! :D

Cicero's Mummy
16th January 2007, 01:28 PM
Those photos are sooooo cute... I love the microwave and fridge photos! Too cute! She is sooo tiny!

Lindsay
16th January 2007, 01:58 PM
Note to self: NEVER eat microwave popcorn at Mickeys! :yuk: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those pics are hilarious! I bet you were cracking up looking through them! She is soooooo cute! :flwr:

arasara
16th January 2007, 02:43 PM
Ok guys,

Which snuggle puppy should she have?! The brown and white or the mutt?!

http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/snuggle-puppies-p-291.html

Cathy T
16th January 2007, 03:55 PM
Mic - those pictures were too dang funny. Your husband and kids sounds like a lot of fun! I can just imagine them doing their "photo shoot". Faith/Sassy/Purl/Rhonda/Fay is just precious. I particularly loved that first shot.

Oh Sara....are you ready for this?! She's gonna steal your heart big time. Wait til Kosmo has a baby sister to romp with. How fun!!!

matties mum
16th January 2007, 04:49 PM
I think the brown mutt---Aileen

Zippy
16th January 2007, 05:22 PM
Just love those photos ..... someone has a great sense of humour!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

moniechris
16th January 2007, 05:30 PM
I just laughed out loud and got VERY funny looks from the other workers around me. icon_whistling She is ADORABLE!!!!!!

I am all for the mutt.

Linda
16th January 2007, 06:18 PM
My two have the brown muttt, I like that one.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great bunch of kids you have Mic your hubby sounds like tons of fun too.

The pictures are absolutely priceless, I luv them.
Great sense of humour.
What is life without a sense of humour.

She is a doll.

Sassy. :D :D :D :D

Kodee
16th January 2007, 06:54 PM
I can't believe they put her in a pot!

ah I loved the pot picture, she looked so sweet and all game at becoming a camera hog! But, I gotta admit the microwave/fridge gave me chills - the look on her face in those was...ok lets not get carried away kiddies!

arasara
16th January 2007, 07:36 PM
Lol Kody - yes they were cute - my OH seen them and just laughed he said it looks like something he would have done when I left the house.. :roll: Men!

debjen
16th January 2007, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the new little one..can't wait til she is in your home

arasara
16th January 2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks Debbie - I can't wait either.. I am doing circles cleaning cleaning and more cleaning - need everything perfect before she gets here.. icon_whistling icon_whistling

LOL I've lost it! icon_whistling :sl*p:

Kodee
16th January 2007, 08:36 PM
Lol Kody - yes they were cute - my OH seen them and just laughed he said it looks like something he would have done when I left the house.. :roll: Men!

well your pictures have done it now. my daughter is like oh cant we have her. "EXCUSE ME young lady you have your own sweet girl coming in 11 days! " I think these 8wks puppy pics were at tad too much for her to view - it was like waving icecream in her face.

brid kenny
16th January 2007, 08:58 PM
This is sooo exciting. When are you getting her?

arasara
16th January 2007, 09:08 PM
Brid -

I am still trying to confirm which airport I want to fly out of.. icon_whistling I will be buying my tickets either tonight or tomorrow sometime. But the dates right now are pretty well set and it's between the 29th and 31st! :)

I can't wait.! icon_whistling

Kodee
16th January 2007, 09:16 PM
it's between the 29th and 31st!

Oh i think you should do it on the 27th cause that's when Kody comes home! I told myself I would stop fooling around on this site last wk and get back to work and my online course till then. but your new puppy posts, Claire and Penny opps Minnie posts have just got me logging on to hear the news, share in your excitement and view the pics. Really, I have to stop this...

arasara
16th January 2007, 10:54 PM
27th is a bad day for me to be getting her Kody!! :P

That day Kosmo has his starting of his next round of obedience and also we have his therapy dog test - WISH US LUCK!!

Kodee
16th January 2007, 11:00 PM
27th is a bad day for me to be getting her Kody!! :P

That day Kosmo has his starting of his next round of obedience and also we have his therapy dog test - WISH US LUCK!!

ah but the 27th is still a good day - its just a good day for you and Kosmo. Your new puppy and you will meet soon enough!

Where do you take the therapy dog training or did you do it on your own and then you go for testing. Hmm Perhaps I should have start a new thread for that question?

arasara
16th January 2007, 11:35 PM
yes a good day! :) I am excited for it.. Kody - you can train your dog on your own and then go for the test. ;) I have an extra special advantage because Kosmo's trainer just happens to be one of the testers for the therapy dog thing. If you are interested I can give you her email address and you can get the application from her. Your dog does have to be 1 year before doing the test though so you'll have to wait a while.. ;) I'm lucky ~ Kos turns 1 this saturday and the saturday after is his test.... Thank God it didn't work backwards.!

cecily
17th January 2007, 12:12 AM
Oh Wow! I'm obviously playing catch up here! I had no idea.

Congratulations Sara, she's a babe! And you can't beat those little black and tan devils ;) Love the pics so far. Can't wait to see more

Kodee
17th January 2007, 12:56 AM
I can give you her email address and you can get the application from her.
Ha not me! :yikes If you ever met me you'd know why, I am too excitable - I like to call it passionate about life- my husband has a few nasty words to describe it though :roll:

Thanks for the info, its just something I have always admired and wondered how people/dogs got involved with.

Who knows, my youngest has an odd connection with all/any animals. Maybe she will aspire to the task after participating in obedience classes this year.

Forest
17th January 2007, 01:47 AM
Oh Sara!!!! You lucky girl!!! She is soooo adorable. One of the cutest little puppies ever. I think she will have to get into modelling for photo shoots- a very photogenic little girl. I think that Gracie Faith :D should have the browm mutt snuggle puppy :D . Best of luck with everything. Hope it all goes well and best of luck for you and the gorgeous little Kosmo for his test.
Julie and the girls

PamH
17th January 2007, 02:08 AM
Okay, I have a couple of names:

Cynders (like in Cinderella whose life was turned around)

Missy (because she is so tiny)

Natalie (just because she looks like a Natalie)

Gabriella (same reason)

Oh, I just love girlie names.
Pam

arasara
18th January 2007, 11:54 AM
So, it's official!!

I'll be flying out of Toronto instead of NY. I was going to fly from NY and save the $100 but by the time I got back I would need a hotel.. so when you factor in gas, parking, and a hotel I might as well just fly from Toronto and be driven to and from the airport.. icon_whistling

I leave at 6:45 in the morning on the 30th (and I have to be to the airport 1 1/2 hours early for customs.. :yikes ) and I get home at 9:55PM that same night - oh Thank God I am flying out of Toronto. Depending on traffic (which I don't think there will be much) the airport is only about 45 minutes from my house. Plus with this time of the year you're never sure about the winter weather so it's better to be safe than sorry!!

I'll keep you all posted! :flwr:

moniechris
18th January 2007, 02:13 PM
I have it marked on my calander!!!! Travel safe!!! :D :D :D

Linda
18th January 2007, 02:49 PM
Okay Sara here are some names that I like

Sassy (I know you are not calling her that but it is still my favourite)

Darcie

Misty

Ebony

Holly

Hailey

Kylea

Emma

Kara

Keke

Are you looking for a name that also starts with a "K" it might help she looks cheeky and solids are vey well known for being spunky so in all honesty my next favourite is

Keke then Kara then Kylea

arasara
18th January 2007, 02:51 PM
Linda ~

I really really like the name Ebony. It means a deep beautiful black. ;) I will see what Avi says - that one really catches my name. It would be nice to have a K name - maybe Kasey like someone suggested but that's also kind of a boy name! :yikes I might have to wait and see.. Ebony sounds good though.

Linda
18th January 2007, 03:01 PM
What is wrong with

Keke, kara or kylea

You don't like them./ :( :( :(

Here are another few

Koko, Kenya

I have a tendency to stick with the same intial, as you already know.

Vickie
18th January 2007, 03:05 PM
:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

I'm sooooo excited for you Sara, have just marked it on my calander, its going to be really late by the time you've got back, introduced her to Kosmo, settled her in, taken loads of photos AND come on here to tell us all about your adventure :lol:

arasara
18th January 2007, 03:10 PM
Lol Linda I am sorry !! I just don't like kiki - coco my boss has a dog named that and kyla is alright ~ I think it's cute but I have to have a name that fits my personality too! I don't know I guess we'll have to wait and see her. :)

Thanks for your well wishes Vickie ~ I can't even sleep at night waiting! :P

Charleen
28th January 2007, 01:11 PM
Sara - if you like Kasey, but think it is a boy's name, how about Cassie. That is almost the same and definitely a girl's name. And you can substitute a K for the C and have a K name. Kassie.

Here are a few other K names: Kerry, Kiley, Kaety, Kayley

Since you like Ebony, Here are other names for black: Coco (or Koko), Raven, Sable

sannie
28th January 2007, 02:35 PM
congrats, I love the little Black and Tans - I think I'd like a b&T female.
Please post pics !!!!!!!

Mic
28th January 2007, 03:22 PM
Main Entry: faith
Definition: trust
Synonyms: acceptance, allegiance, assent, assurance, belief, certainty, certitude, confidence, constancy, conviction, credence, credit, credulity, dependence, faithfulness, fealty, fidelity, hope, loyalty, reliance, stock, store, sureness, surety, troth, truth, truthfulness

I was trying to think ofone of those fancy show names and came up with a few combinations.

Faith's Conviction, Confident in Faith, Faith's Constancy, Consistent Faith - Connie or Konnie for short

Here is a list of girl dog names that start with C, but you Kould Khange the spelling:

Cairo - The capital of Egypt. An unusual name for an unusual dog.
Calandra - Greek - A little bird.
Calla - Greek - Lovely. Everyone enjoys seeing this girl dog.
Callie - A dog with calico colors.
Callista - Greek - Full of beauty. You can't find a single flaw on this girl dog.
Calypso - According to Greek mythology, Odysseus stayed on this sea nymph's island for 7 years.
Cameroon - An African country.
Camilla - Latin - An attendant. This girl dog loves to help out around the house.
Camille - French - A spotless virgin. An appropriate name for the dog that is spayed.
Candy - "I'm your sweet, guilty pleasure dog."
Canuck - This french poodle loves her country.
Capri - An Italian island in the Bay of Naples.
Cara - Italian - Special friend.
Carat - "I'm worth my weight in diamonds, well almost."
Carita - Latin - Special friend.
Carmel - A beautiful city in northern California. This dog is most comfortable on the west coast.
Carmen - Latin - A song. This girl dog makes your heart sing.
Carnie - "I like roller-coasters and ferris-wheels."
Carrie - "I'm your lovably telekinetic dog."
Casey - Irish - Full of courage. This girl dog will defend you at all cost.
Cashmere - "You'll never find an animal with softer fur than mine."
Cassandra or Cassie - Greek Mythology - Prophetess whom noone believed.
Cassia - A large group of plants which grow in tropical climates.
Cassidy - Irish - Very bright and talented. This girl dog just loves to learn new tricks.
Catania - A port on the coast of Sicily.
Catherine, Cathy, Catie - Greek - One who is pure. A good name for the pure-bred dog. The patron saint of art.
Cauldron - "I'm a black dog who is right at home alongside a witch and her boiling cauldron."
Caviar - A pure-bred dog that cost you plenty.
Charisma - "My personality demands that other dogs follow me."
Charissa - Greek - A caring person.
Chloe - Greek - Term meaning young, green plant. This dog will probably never grow up.
Clara - Latin - A shining leader.
Clare - The patron saint of television. This girl dog loves to watch television.
Clariece - French - Shining child. You're very proud of this puppy dog.
Clarinda - Spanish - Great beauty.
Claudia - Latin - Mild tempered. A great name for any non-aggressive breed of dog.
Clementine - English - Even-tempered. A great name for any non-aggressive breed of dog.
Cleopatra or Cleo - The famous queen of Egypt. A great name for the dog with many charms.
Clover - A super adopted pet's name. She will consider herself to have great luck.
Coffee - A brown pet who is always alert.
Colette - French - Invading force.
Colleen - Irish - Virgin or maiden.
Columba - A Spanish saint of the 9th century who was beheaded for her faith. [Interesting, in a morbid sort of way]
Conchita - Spanish - Beginning. A great name for your first girl dog.
Confetti - "I'm always the hit of the party."
Congo - A large river in Africa.
Constance - Latin - Steadfast. This girl dog will never run away.
Consuela - Spanish - One who consoles. This girl dog is always there when you need her.
Cora - Greek - Virgin or maiden.
Coral - The animal who loves scuba-diving.
Cordelia - Welsh - From the sea.
Cornelia - Latin - Feminine.
Corona - Spanish - Royal. A good name for any pure breed of dog.
Cricket - This dog has long legs and loves to jump.
Crispina - An African saint who lived during the 4th century. She was a married mother who was beheaded for her faith. [another beheading for FAitH]
Cruela - The evil character in Disney's 101 Dalmatians.
Crystal - You're always seeing a different facet of this striking female dog.
Cuckoo - The asylum called, they're one dog short.

Mic
28th January 2007, 03:30 PM
Here is a list of girl dog names that start with K:

Kaaba - The most sacred of the Moslem shrines. You hold this dog as sacred.
Kairos - Roman Mythology - She was Jupiter's youngest daughter.
Kala - Hindu - Dark. A great name for any solid-black dog.
Kalahari - One of the great deserts of Africa.
Kali - The Hindu goddess who both destroyed life and gave life.
Kalila - Arabic - A sweetheart or loved one. This dog will forever be in your heart.
Kama - The Hindu god of love. A good name for the dog that you adopt on Valentine's day.
Kameko - Japanese - Child of the tortoise. This girl dog is never in a hurry.
Kappa - This is the 10th letter of the Greek alphabet.
Karelia - A republic located in northwestern Russia, east of Finland.
Karen - Greek - Pure. This name would fit your solid-white dog very nicely.
Kariba - One of the great lakes of Africa.
Karma - You feel like powerful forces aligned to bring you and your pet together.
Katmandu - The capital of Nepal. An unusual name for your unusual dog.
Keely - Irish - Lovely. You can't take your eyes off of this girl dog.
Kelila - Hebrew - A name meaning laurel or crown. This dog will be a winner in life.
Kelly - Irish - Name for a very brave warrior. This dog would lay down her life for you.
Kenda - English - A child of the water. This dog enjoys the water like no other.
Kenya - A country in eastern Africa. It lies on the Indian Ocean.
Kerry - Irish - A name meaning black. Your solid-black dog would love this name.
Ketura - Hebrew - Sweet smelling incense.
Kiara - A lioness in Disney's The Lion King.
Kimberley or Kimmy - English - A royal fortress meadow.
Kimono - An Oriental breed of dog that has fur as smooth as silk.
Kirsten - Scandinavian - A Christian.
Kismet - "Fate brought me and my master together."
Kiwi - "My heart lies in New Zealand."
Kodiak or Kodi - Kodiak is an island and city in the state of Alaska, USA. It was settled in the late 18th century.
Kona - Hawaiian - A woman.
Koruna - Czechoslovakian monetary unit.
Krona - Swedish monetary unit.
Kudos - "I deserve much praise."

Roxanne
28th January 2007, 04:26 PM
K names I like :

Karly
Kassie
Kailie,Kayley

Have you decided on a name yet ???????

arasara
28th January 2007, 04:36 PM
Nope no name decisions yet there ladies!!

Thanks for posting those names, Mic.

It seems like every name I like my OH says "that's stupid" and every name I like he says "you're ridiculous." SOOO.. I think we're going to have to wait until we see her.. :lol: :lol:

Where did you find that website??

duncans_ma
28th January 2007, 07:58 PM
Sara, we almost got a little black puppy(rescue-mutt) before we decided to get Cavaliers. We were going to name him either Kieran or a girl, Kiera....below is the meaning we found. I have loved this name since that little pup stole my heart. I think Kieran could be male or female.

Kieran - Gaelic: little dark one', Saint Kieran

arasara
28th January 2007, 08:00 PM
Ashley -

I like that name too!!

My OH is convinced we're namng her "seven" from Seven of 9 in Star Trek.. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Gracie's Mommy
28th January 2007, 08:18 PM
lol...too funny! To each his own on the naming, I guess! icon_whistling

Have you decided if you're definitely changing the name or waiting until you see her for that, too?

duncans_ma
28th January 2007, 08:25 PM
Sara,

I can't find the site where I oringinally found Kieran, but I remember that it said "little black warrior"....appropriate considering the fight little "faith" has had in her short life...

arasara
28th January 2007, 08:28 PM
Ashley that's a really cute name I'm going to mention it to my OH

I think that he's planning on waiting until we see her and her personality before we pick a name. I personally don't mind the name Faith - I think it suits her well.

I'll let you all know as soon as we decide though but seriously, thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions! :flwr:

Hollyett
28th January 2007, 09:11 PM
Really pleased for you sara, Faith is a beautuful name, and Gracie is too, cant wait to hear all about her. :p :p

Kodee
28th January 2007, 11:28 PM
Ashley -

I like that name too!!

My OH is convinced we're namng her "seven" from Seven of 9 in Star Trek.. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

I love it and I still love Sassy Linda that suggested (but somehow Faith is stuck in my head). My husband is a Star Trek nerd (or was) so was my oldest during the Gillian Anderson years.

molly
28th January 2007, 11:51 PM
Ashley: Kieran is my Duffy's registered name! This is the first time I have heard someone else use it!

Sara: I am so happy for you to be getting little Faith. She will help you name herself when you actually get her home! Can't wait to hear what her homecoming is like.

Forest
29th January 2007, 11:30 AM
Oh Sara I can't think of her being called anything but Faith now...she will always be little Faith to me :D Must have had Faith that someone would save her and it was YOU :D :flwr:
Julie and the girls

Gracie's Mommy
29th January 2007, 10:29 PM
Sara...good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures! :wggle:

Edited to add:
Hey...just noticed the new thread name. I think you snuck that one in there after my post! I was a bit confused!

12 hrs, how many minutes and seconds?! :flwr: Yay!! Hope tonight flies by for you!

enchantingdragon
29th January 2007, 11:32 PM
Good luck Sara and cant wait to see pics!

Cicero's Mummy
29th January 2007, 11:47 PM
I like Kallie

Just my two cents

Cathy T
30th January 2007, 01:05 AM
Oh I was just thinking that this morning...tomorrow is the big day!!! Bet you won't sleep a wink tonight ;)

Kodee
30th January 2007, 01:22 AM
The excitement the day before had me not sleeping and I got exhausted. YOU having to fly (and shop I hear) and then come back, will be wiped X10 but in a good way when you get home. Fantastic!!

Mary
30th January 2007, 10:58 AM
Good luck Sara...safe trip!