• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ear chewing

BIZA

Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop this. My naughty pup Havac has neatly trimed all the cavs ears and is now starting on the tails. She has loads of toys and has filled bones and then the bone to chew on.Walks every day and an acre to play in but always seems to chew the coats. She tried trimming the leonbergers feet but was told in no uncertain terms to get lost so poor Emily usually goes through it. Now her ears are getting sore as most of the hair has gone but all the cavs ears are chewed as well.All ideas are welcome to stop this habit i dont want to have to shut her in a cage to stop it.

My Lia tried to bite all the ears she found (mines are included). The vet told us that is a sign of dominance over the other (Lia is the alpha).

I don't pretend you to laugh, but the vet told me that when she tries to bite mines, i have to try bite hers too (you can suppose I didn't do that). Instead of that when she tried I pulled her ears. She never tried again, I don't know if was that solution!

I have 4 dogs (all related) who will comb their ear hair into their mouths and chew it off. Someone suggested taking cheap cologne and putting on the ends of the ear hair-- it should make the hair taste bad for a long time.

Back