• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Hairy Question

sannie

I don't know much about Cavaliers coats. Max our tri doesn't seem to shed a whole lot, I brush him when he lets me (about three times a week) and he had a bath last weekend.

But lately there seems to be a whole lot of hoovering, sweeping and generally picking up of dustbunnies. You'd think to look down the hall and the living room that they were never swept...!

Bran , our Ruby definitely seems to be shedding more than Max. Now when he arrived to us he had just had a severe grooming job done due to matts and skin problems so his coat is still growing back in and I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous, he has the most gorgous red colours in his coat with lighter reddish blondi bits in his ears and he's so soft..but i have to brush him every day because hair just blow off him when he moves.

Is this sheding normal i wonder, is it a winter coat? And most importantly, will it stop?

And most importantly, will it stop?
:D Going on four years now and it's yet to stop! I collect dust bunnies under the kitchen table about every two days. The dogs are very used to the vacuum...since I have to use every couple of days. :D

Ugh, I was hoping it was just Cody blowing his puppy coat. No such luck, heh. If I don't swiffer the floor every day I get rouge dust bunnies too. You would think I never clean!! Thank goodness I don't have carpet, I don't know what I would do!!

I use the swiffer sweeper and it is really good about collecting the hair off of the wood floors. All of our furniture of course is high off the ground so you can see straight under it :roll: .

Our house is full of dust bunnies/tumbleweeds (I think the tumbleweeds are bigger than dust bunnies!). Wallis has a very luxurious coat which we kept cut back for a while but I had rather deal with the tumbleweeds and see her looking pretty. Tibby came to us almost hairless, grew a nice coat for a while, and is now back to thin hair. The shihtzu doesn't shed, but I know I won't brush her as I should so her coat is kept short.

Back