• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

snorting

Gracesbigsis

I keep getting mixed information about snorting in cavaliers. I read that they snort a lot as a rule, that it's normal for them to snort a lot and have no health problems whatsoever. Now I just read that it's dangerous if they snort! Grace snorts for several reasons- mostly when she's biting or taking a deep breath while she's asleep.

Im not going to be much help on the information side , but Holly who is a year old sometimes snorts espeically if shes been asleep and I come home and she gets all excited and snorts and sometimes seems like she cant catch her breath cause shes snorting, I didnt realise it could mean anything. :?

Where did you read it is dangerous if they snort? It would help to have more context.

Baily does this frequently, again when we when we arrive home or he gets excited.

Its like as if he cant catch his breath when he does and it sometimes goes on for about 20 seconds or until we distract him???

You could decribe it as if hes clearing his throat!!

Is this normal?

MY CAV DOES THAT TO WHEN SHE GETS EXCITED

I DON'T THINK ITS DANGEROUS CAUSE MY AUNTY IS A LONG TIME MINITURE YORKIE OWNER AND HER S DOES IT ASWELL ALL THE TIME BUT SHE RUBS HER HAND OVER HER NOSE AND SHE JUST STOPS ,SHE SAY'S IT HAPPENS MOST TOY DOGS CAUSE THE SIZE OF THERE SNOWT,I COULD B WRONG BUT THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD.

IF THATS ANY HELP. :D :D :D

Back