PDA

View Full Version : Penny has a New Name......

Claire L
16th January 2007, 08:19 PM
Minnie Moo :D because she's a Minnie the moocher :lol:

Last night I put her to bed in the kitchen and went upstairs. As soon as my head hit the pillow, it started, a low whine that steadily grew in intensity until it became a full blown howl. My instinct was to go downstairs immediately and comfort her but experience has taught me differently.... If I give in - I lose big time :lol: I knew that she was absolutely fine so we just ignored her and after about ten minutes she stopped.

This morning I left her in the kitchen (with the doors closed) and she howled again so I just waited until she stopped and then went back in and ignored her for a while. I feel really mean doing this but I think I'm doing it right???

She is now asleep on the sofa in the lounge all by herself so she must be feeling a bit more secure. Beauty, the next door neighbours dog was introduced to her this morning and she didn't so much as bat an eyelid so we are thrilled with her progress so far. She even did a poo in the garden for me this morning :jump:

Here's a few pics

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/492697ad.jpg http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/492697ad-1.jpg http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/492697ad-2.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/e5df3e77.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/e5df3e77-1.jpg

Cicero's Mummy
16th January 2007, 08:24 PM
How cute! I just love new photos!

Shay
16th January 2007, 08:30 PM
Claire....She is just beautiful. I know how you feel about the whining. When I first started breaking Lily of sleeping with us, it was so hard. She would whine and cry when I put her in the crate for the night. I was so tempted to get her out. But after a week it stopped. Now she runs to the bedroom door at about 9:00 or 9:30. I open the door ad she flys across the room to her crate and flings herself in. We don't hear a peep out of her until the next morning. It is all worth it in the end.

Penny is just a little doll baby.

arasara
16th January 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh Claire she is just beautiful! I am so glad you guys are getting along - it sounds like two peas in a pod!! :) (your OH and you count as 1 pea of course. :P )

Karlin
16th January 2007, 08:40 PM
She looks right at home, Claire! :)

Zippy
16th January 2007, 08:47 PM
If she's sleeping on the sofa, she's quite at home!! :D

The pictures are lovely, you can see how content she is in her bed. :flwr: :flwr:

BarbMazz
16th January 2007, 09:15 PM
What a sweet face! Her face reminds me a lot of my Bentley's face. He has the very thin white streak between his eyes.

Minnie Moo is very cute, and it suits her looks.

Congratulations... I knew you would be thrilled the minute I heard she was coming to you.

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better! :flwr:

GudrunTheRed
16th January 2007, 09:17 PM
You're doing an awesome job and it sounds like you're doing everything right! She looks wonderful and I'm so very glad you have a new furbaby in the house!

coconut
16th January 2007, 09:18 PM
claire she is a beauty and i love the name!!

brid kenny
16th January 2007, 09:36 PM
Minnie Moo is gorgeous and it's the perfect name for her.

matties mum
16th January 2007, 09:47 PM
I love the new name Minnie Moo and she does look so at home ---Aileen

Lindsay
16th January 2007, 09:50 PM
Claire she is sooooo pretty! I love the name :)

Kodee
16th January 2007, 09:53 PM
Minnie looks right at home in every single picture. she's got the idea now ... this family loves me!!

Claire L
16th January 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks -I'm glad you all approve!!

BarbMazz wrote

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better!

It's a lot better but still keeping me from getting a full nights sleep.
The results of the MRI show a tear in one of the discs and some bulgeing.
I start Physio on Friday morning so hopefully I will get some good advice and exercises to help the healing process along.

:flwr:

moniechris
16th January 2007, 10:19 PM
Claire she is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my heart!! Congratulations!!! :flwr:

LauraD
16th January 2007, 11:12 PM
Claire OMG, I guess i missed the beginning of this story. It's so wonderful that you have a new furbaby!!!! :jump: Minnie Moo is gorgeous! :lotsaluv: And what a great name too! She will find lots of love in your home, thank you for the pics. Congratulations on your new addition!!

jellybelly
16th January 2007, 11:19 PM
Do you think its right to change her name after she has been called Penny for 5 years?

Lisa_T
16th January 2007, 11:57 PM
That's why she's doing it. 'Penny' will almost certainly have many bad connotations for this little girl. 'Minnie'- new life, new start, it's perfect.

They do adjust very quickly. I renamed one of mine and she got the new name in less than half an hour. Copious treats helped.. :lol:

Claire, I'm soo thrilled this has all worked out. Minnie looks great!

BarbMazz
17th January 2007, 12:16 AM
BarbMazz wrote

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better!

It's a lot better but still keeping me from getting a full nights sleep.
The results of the MRI show a tear in one of the discs and some bulgeing.
I start Physio on Friday morning so hopefully I will get some good advice and exercises to help the healing process along.

:flwr:[/quote]

Ouch! I had a herniated disc in my neck and that is quite painful! I hope the physio helps your back. It helped my neck. I had traction, heat and massage therapy.

cecily
17th January 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm so delighted it's going well for you so far Claire!
I love the name Minnie! I hope to meet you and her on a walk soon :flwr:

Lisa_T
17th January 2007, 12:37 AM
Oh Cecily what a fabulous atavar!!!! Tandie looks so.... bored. :lol: :lol:

Forest
17th January 2007, 03:04 AM
Good to hear and see all the progress you are making with your little baby. She is such a cutie. Congratulations on being so strong with your training...I don't think that I could have been but you do have to think long term...she is not going to be there for only 5 minutes :)
I hope the physio will help improve your back soon.
Julie and the girls

enchantingdragon
17th January 2007, 03:08 AM
She looks beautiful and so glad she settled in so well!

Vickie
17th January 2007, 09:29 AM
Oh Claire, you've brought a smile to my face this morning, thank you :flwr:

Minnie is a lovely name for such a precious little girl, she looks like she's settling into her new loving home perfectly :lotsaluv:

Charleen
17th January 2007, 12:03 PM
Claire - she is so pretty. You are doing the right thing with her training. You'll get through the period soon enough and you'll have a beautiful dog.

gocamping
17th January 2007, 01:40 PM
She is a gorgeous addition. She looks very much at home in all the photos. Glad the back is a little better. Good thoughts for your therapy!

Mary
17th January 2007, 01:41 PM
She looks so loved already. I love her new name. She is gorgeous. Wishing you millions of happy days ahead with Minnie.

molly
18th January 2007, 02:23 AM
Minnie (and I love her new name) is quite the beauty! You are doing so good with her and so quickly. Hope you back is well soon!

Laura&Lia
18th January 2007, 10:16 AM
oh Claire I love the new name!!! Minnie fits perfect!!!

We can't wait to see more pictures of this beauty!!!! How are the first Physio sessions?? I hope you feel better. Then you will be able to focus on your new furbaby!!!

Nicki
18th January 2007, 02:05 PM
Claire, it's lovely to see Penny/Minnie settling so happily into your home - she is a beautiful girl, so thrilled she's come to you :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Glad your back is more comfortable - I really hope the physio will help.

Dottie
18th January 2007, 10:14 PM
Minnie is a cute name, and close enough to Penny that it won't confuse her at all! When we rescued our Golden Retriever (male) his previous name was "Kitty" :roll: ! Needless to say, I quickly changed it to "Kenny"! He never knew the difference, except when I call my cats by saying "Here, Kitty!" :lol:

Claire
19th January 2007, 01:55 PM
Claire - I am so glad you and Minnie Moo have found each other, she is a beauty girl, have fun.