View Full Version : Joey’s tail caught on fire!
16th January 2007, 07:27 PM
BUT HE’S OK!!!!!
My mam saw what happened because I was out at the time but she told me as soon as I got in. he loves to get a warm by the fire (its his spot in the house) after he’s been out for a wee and he must have been warming his bum :roll: when his tail must of went on the fire but he didn’t realise. :sl*p: My mam could smell singeing and looked over and he was just standing there with smoke coming off his tail!!! :yikes She shouted at him to move and as she ran over he ran off and she said there were actual flames coming from his tail!!!! :yikes :yikes As he ran they must of went out but all his fur fell off in clumps!! She checked him and he was fine just a very singed tail which she had to cut. He still smells like singed fur now. Poor boy.
16th January 2007, 07:34 PM
OMG....That is awful. Poor baby.....So glad he is o.k. :thmbsup:
16th January 2007, 07:35 PM
:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes
Can you put something up so it doesn't happen again?! I would have FREAKED!
Thank God he's alright - you're very very lucky!
16th January 2007, 07:35 PM
Oh my... you may want to put up one of those hearth thingies... my parents had one because thier dog liked to get close and it is a 3 paneled metal "gate" that can be put so that you can't get too close to the fire.
Here is a link to the one I just adore (but alas no fireplace yet, I have to get the house first).
16th January 2007, 07:38 PM
Good time to go buy a fire guard. :) It is very easy for their tails to catch fire because they only have to turn around in front of an open fire. jaspar once singed off some hair on a candle. Now I put out candles on the table as soon as I leave a room -- eg saying goodbye to guests after a dinner party -- as it was really scary and took a year for that part to grow back in. And I always have a fire guard before the fire. You can get them cheaply at most home stores -- B&Q etc.
16th January 2007, 07:54 PM
OMG....the poor doggie!!
Glad he's ok and hope you're getting a fireguard soon!! :flwr: :flwr:
16th January 2007, 08:39 PM
heart attack! :yikes :yikes
that's a warning for the rest of us! they have so many little feathers to catch in flames!
16th January 2007, 09:06 PM
yes were going to have to get a fire guard to keep him away from the flames.ill have a good look around for a one.
i dont think he even felt his tail on the fire!!!im just glad my mam was there to make sure he was ok.
17th January 2007, 01:11 AM
Whew....good thing you mom was that to catch him before he got hurt. A good lesson for all of us!
17th January 2007, 02:09 AM
Oh my goodness Im glad everything is ok now What a scare that must have been for everyone
17th January 2007, 05:36 PM
We had to invest in a fire guard after christmas, as we had a similar incident on Boxing Day :yikes
Our fire has a glass front so we had always thought we were safe. WRONG!!!
The fire was on, Murphy's warming himself in front of it, I turn round to wrap the flex round the hoover. Suddenly I smell burning :shock:
There's Murphy wagging his tail at me, smoke coming off the end of it, I nearly DIED! Lucky for us it just singged the fur with the heat through the glass, had to cut out the burnt clump and trim the rest of his tail though :?
I sat and cried, then laughed and then cried again, we were so lucky. Murphy didn't even realise he was smoking though, he just enjoyed the fuss
18th January 2007, 06:12 AM
:yikes :yikes :shock: OMG! his tail caught on fire!!!!!!! poor babY! atleast he didnt hurt himselF! the way u described it it sounds as if he didnt even notice! i would have freaked but i dont have a fireplace (no need for one) so theres no chance that happening!...atleast he's ok. :)
18th January 2007, 08:26 AM
Poor Joey! We had a similar incident with our first cavalier many years ago, he managed to come out unscathed, bar a small singed bit on the end of his tail feathers! We learned our lesson, but he still loved to sit by the fire!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.