PDA

View Full Version : PayPal???anybody use it??

amia
16th January 2007, 09:14 PM
hiya

im just wondering if any of you use this for buying things online and if its any good??

WoodHaven
16th January 2007, 09:20 PM
We buy stuff for home and work off of eBay, so yes it does make things quicker. We set up an account at our bank just for this kind of transaction. We also have the ability to use a credit card, if we choose. Sandy

Mic
16th January 2007, 09:36 PM
I use my for a few ebay purchases and several auditing and editing clients prefer to pay me via paypal. As long as I get the money, I'm happy. No problems so far.

moniechris
16th January 2007, 09:58 PM
I love Paypal. It's quick and easy, and I especially like that the vendors never get ahold of my account or credit card info. I wish all online vendors utilized it, I would never have to go through the trouble of pulling out my credit card. Gosh...how lazy am I??! :roll: :lol:

My mom always gives me Paypal gift cards for Christmas and birthdays because I do all of my shopping online!

Doggydad
17th January 2007, 12:12 PM
Have used Paypal many years now with no problem.

However, I would advise that you setup a separate account at your bank specific for this purpose, than minimize the amount kept in it relative to your purchases.

Also, instead of connecting a credit card with high limits to it, use a debit card specific to the account you setup. That way, in the remote chance that you are a victim of a hacker or identity theft, you at least minimize your loss.

Just my .02 worth.

Karlin
17th January 2007, 11:25 PM
Good advice on the separate accounts -- I should do that. :thmbsup:

AT
18th January 2007, 02:34 PM
I've used paypal for about 5 years now. I rarely get checks for things i've sold, everyone prefers paypal.
Its certainly not perfect from a sellers point of view but buying is ok.

You dont even need your own paypal account to pay for things now . On my site you just click buy it now , choose the no account option & paypal takes the payment via your visa card

Cicero's Mummy
18th January 2007, 02:49 PM
I LOVE PAYPAL! :p

I have used it for about 4 years now! I have never had a problem with it. They handle everything great!

coconut
18th January 2007, 02:51 PM
paypal is brill as it gives a sec way of paying online!